The Mystery Guy

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 2: The Mystery Guy

 

Chapter 2: The Mystery Guy

 

Kris, Belle, what are you two doing?" I heard Elaine asked as she curiously looked at our awkward position.

 
 
I quickly swatted Kris' arms away that had somehow managed to embraced me without my knowledge.
 
Damn it! I hope she wouldn't think of something inappropriate out of this situation. I was starting to panic and think of an excuse when suddenly, Kris started to talk in a firm voice which he always use when he's being intimidatingly serious.
 
 
 
"Elaine, I think everything should be stopped now" My heart began to race as my eyes grew wide when I realized where his words are leading to. "I want you to know that Belle and I are-"
 
 
"We accidentally bumped onto each other just now" I hurriedly butted in as I slightly pushed him away.
 
 
"R-really? But why is he holding onto you? And are you both crying?"
 
 
"A-ah, no! I unfortunately twisted my ankle when I loose out of balance. I got teared up because of the pain, but I'm fine now. Luckily your husband here caught me right on time, but I accidentally hit him on the eyes that's why it got him teary too" I sheepishly explained, hoping she'll buy my lame excuse.
 
 
"Oh, I see~" then she turned to Kris and curiously asked him. "But what do you mean when you said that everything should be stopped now?" That made him stiffened for a moment, not knowing what to say.
 
 
 
I just want to run away now and leave him all by himself to explain it to his wife.
 
This is all his fault though, if not because of that mouth of his, we wouldn't run out of excuses to give.
 
Huh~ Did he just tried to reveal to his wife about our romantic history just an hour after they both said their "I Do's"? Damn! Why should this be so complicated.
 
 
 
"What he meant is, we should stop discussing now and go back inside. The guests might be looking for you two now" I answered as I grabbed both of them by the arm and pushed them together and head back inside the beautifully decorated reception hall.
 
 
                         
I saw Kris glared at me as if asking what the hell I was doing, but I just glared back at him trying to shut him up. I know I'm in pain and I have all the right to be, but now is not the time to ruin everything before it even started.
 
 
I don't want my cousin to be placed in a guilt and sullen feeling the moment she finds out that she married the man I once called mine, but now is technically hers in documented papers.
 
Besides, I guess I really need to move on now even if it will take time, because Elaine had confessed to me before that she started to like Kris the moment they were introduced to each other.
 
 
 
Duh~ whoever girl in their right mind won't totally get smitten the moment they come face to face with that godly features of his face.
 
But then, there's more than what meets the eyes. For me, he's the most kind, understanding and sweetest guy I've ever met.
 
His numerous companies and other riches were just a bonus that comes in handy. But I personally don't care about it because I also have my own.
 
 
 
"Oh yeah. It was about time that I will throw my bouquet. You should catch it Belle so you'll be next in line for marriage" she beamly smiled at me and I gave her back a sweet smile. A fake smile that tries to conceal the pain of my ever broken heart.
 
 
"Okay girls, gather up at the center now. The bride is about to throw the bouquet" the emcee cheerfully said.
 
                         
                         
Huh~ I can't believe that they all got too hyper just because of a bridal bouquet.
 
The next thing I knew is, I'm already amidst the crowd of excitedly giggling girls trying to sneak into the front line.
 
Gosh~ Go ahead girls, I don't have the slightest intention of even laying a finger on it.
 
 
                         
I tried to manage myself to get out of the squeezing, but unfortunately a girl bumped into me hard, therefore shoving me towards the back and I accidentally tripped on my long gown.
 
 
 Oh dear God! This is going to hurt. I'll be landing my on the hard tiled flooring in no time.
 
I shot my eyes close, waiting for the impact, when suddenly, I felt my back hit something hard and an arm wrapped around my waist.
 
Huh~ Thank God I was saved from that pain, not to mention the all time embarassment the moment I'll land on that floor.
 
 
 
"Be careful princess" I heard a husky manly voice whispered into my ear. "Be sure to catch the bouquet and I'll make sure I'll catch the garter later"
 
 
Damn! His warm breath caused me to shiver and his lips tickled me when it grazed on my earlobe. I admit, he has a y voice.
 
Wait! Who is he anyway? I hurriedly turned around but to my dismay, the mystery guy wasn't there anymore. I scanned my eyes to look around but there's no guy who looked suspiscious to be him.
 
Did I just heard or imagined things? But it can't be, he just saved me from diving onto that hard floor.
 
 
 
I shrugged the thought away and decided to turn around. To my bad luck, I saw something flying right onto me and in a mere second it landed hard into my face.
 
To my dismay, I realized then, it was the notorious bouquet. My God, so much for trying to avoid it.
 
Out of reflex I grabbed onto it and removed it from my way of sight. Then I heard the crowd cheering and clapping.
 
 
                         
The next second, I realized I was already being dragged by Elaine infront of the crowd and made me sit on a chair.
 
She cheerfully clapped her hands and continued to blabber on how happy she was that I was the one who caught it.
 
Well, 'caught it' was not the right term to use when I didn't have the slightest idea that it will even choose to land right on my face.
 
 
 
"Now, I request all the guys to gather up. The groom is about to throw the garter now" I heard the emcee said again.
 
 
 Aiisshh.... How could I even forget about that garter thing. That thing is more dreadful than the bouquet itself.
 
Oh please, just land on someone I know. Perhaps, Xiumin oppa or Tao. Maybe better if it would be Lay oppa or Luhan oppa.
 
Aarrgh... I won't even mind if it would be the trolling Chen, just as long as it won't be any other man. I don't want any random guy to be sliding that garter up towards my thigh. 
 
      
I was in my pleading line of thoughts when suddenly, I felt Elaine tapped me on the shoulder and gave me a playful smile. Surely she's enjoying this as much as I hate it. Pfft.
 
 
"You are lucky tonight my dear cousin. He sure is one handsome and hot guy" she said and winked at me.
 
 
Oh no! That goddamn piece of lacey garter had landed on someone already? I started to panic.
 
I nervously turned my gaze towards the crowd of men and spotted the guy who caught that piece of thing. 
 
 
 
He looked a bit amused as he meticulously examine the garter as he tries to stretch it back and forth with his fingers.
 
Haven't he seen such a bridal garter before in his entire life? How pathetic!
 
Wait! Oh crap! I don't know him. He's not even one among my option's list awhile ago. This is not good!
 
 
 
"Okay now, mister. Please stop stretching that thing before it become loose and it may not serve its purpose anymore" the emcee snickered as the crowd start to laugh along. "You come here now and slide that garter onto our Maid of Honor's right leg".
 
And just like that, the crowd became wild with excitement at the mere thought of it. Aarrgh, this is going to be a long day.
 
 
When the guy moved forward and kneeled infront of me, I had the chance to looked at him closely, and gosh~ I won't sugar coat the fact that he really and trully is very handsome.
 
But then, an uneasy feeling crept onto my being the moment he smirked at me. Cocky guy!
 
Duh~ He better not do anything stupid or else I'll slap and kick him on the face right infront of this whole population.
 
 
 
"You know what, you could have caught the bouquet with your hands, not with your face" he chuckled as he started to slide the garter onto my right foot.
 
 
Wait! That voice! That awkwardly familiar voice. I'm positively sure I've heard it somewhere. Oh no!
 
 
"Y-you! You're that guy a while ago!" I exclaimed and he just looked at me straight in the eyes and nodded.
 
 
"Wow! You sure have sharp hearing to even recognize me with just my voice" he said as he slides the garter up. Towards my knee now.
 
 
"Higher! Higher! Higher!" I heard the crowd chanted with glee and excitement.
 
 
 
Duh~ Why don't they try to sit here and I'll be the one cheering around. They treat me as if I was just a piece of clothing in an auction, beading to be sold at a higher price.
 
Then suddenly I heard the guy chuckle again. What now? Does this situation look funny for him? What if I'll kick him on the crotch right now and let's see who looks funny in the face the moment he agonize in pain.
 
 
"Should I go higher then?" he playfully asked while biting his lower lip. Crap! I just wanted to reap that smirk across his face now.
 
 
"Look mister! Don't you dar-"
 
 
 
Before I could even complete my threatening sentence and point a menacing finger at him,  my eyes grew wide in shock the moment I saw his hands disappear underneath my gown.
 
I suddenly felt the garter wrapped around half the quarter of my thigh. That's too close, too close!
 
This erted ! I was about to kick him away but suddenly I heard a roaring violent reaction.
 
 
 
                    
"Enough! Get your hands off of her! Can't you see she's feeling uncomfortable?!" I heard Kris angrily shouted and the crowd went silent.
             
 
 
 

 


 

 

       "Can you guess who's the mystery guy? I know you can! Fangirls have the best observation and keeniest instinct in the whole wide world! kekeke...  l would love it if you'd leave some comments....