Desperate Longing

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 3: Desperate Longing

 

Chapter 3: Desperate Longing

 

          Okay guys, I finally made up my mind. I'll not make this story a one shot, since I love all of you my dear subbies, kekeke. But I can't promise to update the next chapters really fast because I'm still cracking my brain cells on how to go about this story.

          Btw, I'm going to reveal the mystery guy in this chapter. I know you're looking forward to know him. Enjoy reading!

 


 

 

 

 

It had been a week now since that dreadful and painful wedding day that I had successfully surpassed without even showing the hint of pain plastered on my face.

 

After that day, my life had never been the same. Never again!

 

Everyday, I had to change my pillow cases because it always get soaked wet with my tears everytime the pain would creep into my heart once more.

 

 
 
I wouldn't deny it though. Until now, I'm still fighting over the cries of my wounded heart even though I try to break free from the thoughts of it.
 
It's not that easy, I tell you. It's the same feeling as though a dozen knives had come piercing into my heart and tries to reap it into tiny pieces.
 
It hurts so much! It hurts like hell!
 
 
               
"Hey Belle!" Elaine snapped her fingers infront of me. "Stop spacing out. They're waiting inside already"
 
 
 
Yeah right. And here it goes again. A while ago, I was just busy hiding myself, crying my heart out the whole day, when suddenly this cousin of mine came barging into my room and forcefully dragged me out into this club.
 
Seriously, this is the last thing I need now. I just want the solitude of my silent room.
 
 
 
The moment we stepped into the club, the loud booming sound had automatically disturbed and attacked my ever calm eardrums.
 
Aiissh, I really hate crowded places like this. This place had the most annoying booming noise which they all call music, and the never ending grinding and swaying of people onto each other's body, which they unmindfully call dancing.
 
Not to mention the other naughty things that they secretly do. Just the mere thought of it, I already want to scream and run out from here. This nasty filthy place.
 
 
 
 
"Don't worry Belle, you don't have to force yourself to mingle with those people" she informatively said. "We've booked a VIP room". Thank heavens. I felt like rejoicing when she said that.
 
 
She led me through the maze of crowd and finally made our way to a suite room. Huh~ tell me again why should I be attending this 'Aquaintance Party'?
 
Well, apparently, Elaine told me a while ago that she persuaded Kris on this event to get to know each other's friends.
 
Seriously, I don't need this anymore. I already know the EXO boys too well like the palm of my hands.
 
I've been enjoying their company for almost two years since the day Kris and I became a couple. I don't mind meeting them again.
 
But there's just that awkward feeling this time around. It will be awkward since I know Kris would also be around.
 
 
                         
The moment she opened the room, I was greeted by another round of music. Huh~ atleast it's quite tolerable compared to the one a while ago.
 
Not only that, I also came face to face with a dimly lighted room. Crap! It took me a couple of minutes to adjust to the change of vision, just to be able to barely see my surroundings.
 
 
 "Elaine! There you are! Come here, I want to introduce you to someone" I heard a girl said.
 
That instant, she was dragged away from me to somewhere I couldn't possibly point out because of the semi-darken environment. She didn't have any choice but to go along as she shouted to me the words "Have fun!"
 
 
 
Damn it! She forcefully dragged me here just to leave me alone, and she seriously expect me to have fun?
 
Aigoo~ I should have resisted a little more a while ago. What am I suppose to do here? Drink all the liquor like there's no tomorrow and forget everything that happened.
 
Nice suggestion though, but I don't think I can handle the hangover the very next day.
 
 
                         
 I was in my troubled line of thoughts when suddenly, I felt someone wrapped me tight in an embrace. My goodness~ I've just been here for a couple of minutes and things like this have to happen already?
 
 
"Hi baby~" That voice. I definitely know that voice by heart. Kris! "I missed you so much" he cooed as he kissed my temple and snuggled his nose on the crook of my neck.
 
 
 
Crap! I didn't saw this coming. The warmth of his embrace is so inviting that I even have to control myself not to wrap my arms around him.
 
No! This is wrong! Definitely wrong! Gosh~ I need to be quick. Elaine is just somewhere around here and it won't result to anything good the moment she'll spot us in this position, again.
 
 
I hurriedly tried to remove his arms away from me, but it all resulted in vain when his grip on me tighten more. Huh~ and thankfully, to my rescue, I saw Luhan oppa and Lay oppa approaching and they immediately helped me with my worries.
 
 
 "Duizhang, let go of Belle now" Lay said as he tries to detach from me one of Kris' arms.
 
 
 "No! I'm not yet done talking to her!" he retorted and swatted Lay's hands away.
 
 
 "Kris!" Luhan firmly said. "Your wife is just around. You don't want to cause any trouble, do you?"
 
 
 Right that instant, I felt his body stiffened. I sensed his deep breath of sigh in my ear as he slowly and unwillingly let go of me. Out of frustration, he pushed Lay and Luhan out of the way as I heard him say, "To hell with this stupid marriage!"
 
 
"I'm sorry about that Belle. He already drank a couple of glasses. That's why maybe he's getting out of control" Luhan apologetically said as they followed Kris from behind.
 
 
                         
Huh~ If this continues on, I'm sure they'll end up dragging his drunken body home in no time.
 
Kris isn't a drinker, well maybe ocassionally. But most of the time he would reject the idea of alcohol because he clearly knows he has low tolerance to it.
 
He even told me once that he will never succumb to the act of drinking eventhough he'll be paid for a million. Except maybe, if he's into a severe depression which he doubts he would experience in his lifetime.
 
 
I forced to drag my self to the bar counter and deliberately battled my self on what to order, until the bartender offered me the suggestion of vodka. Fine~ but just two to three glasses would do. Besides, I still want to go home conscious of what I'm doing the whole night, than to be paranoid and regretful of not even remembering a single thing the next day.
 
 
 "Oh~ you finally came!" I heard a voice say from behind. "I thought I'd never see you again"
 
 
I turned my head to face the person and to my dismay, I saw his face again.
 
Wait! What is he doing here? Oh crap! I almost forgot, Tao had told me on that wedding night that he's also an EXO member.
 
He's one of the six that I wasn't able to meet yet. Unfortunately, the rest are not here because they're  busy with each of their family business.
 
 
 
 
Gosh~ It took me a while to remember that Kris told me once that he has a large group of friends.
 
My God! Twelve members is too much I think. I've already had enough of Tao's whinnings and Chen's trolling, but here comes another one with his annoying smirking.
 
What would the other five personalities be? I just hope they're not a derpy squad.
 
 
 "Oh! I didn't notice you're also here, garter boy!" I replied sarcastically and drank my glass of vodka.
 
 
"Garter boy?!" his voice raised an octave higher with a hint of annoyance. "Yah! Don't call me that. I have a name too you know"
 
 
"Whatever~" I flipped my hand in dismissal. "We're in a democratic country, so I'm free to call you whatever I want" I retorted back, and then I saw him deeply sighed. Gosh~ I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just so stressed out right now.
 
 
"Look! Bouquet girl~" he said with a smirk and turned me around to face him. "My name is Kai, but I prefer it if you'll call me Jongin, arrasso? That's what my close friends call me"
 
 
"Huh~ Look, I don't intend to be rude. But I'm just not in the mood for a meet and greet right now, okay?" I replied back, feeling a bit more comfortable to his presence now.
 
"Okay, I'll give you enough space for that, but I hope you will reveal to me your name since I just did with mine"
 
I didn't know he's as stubborn as a solid rock. 
 
"Fine, I'm Belle by the way. And FYI, please don't expect me to call you in the way you wanted, because were not close friends yet, Kai!" I continued and rolled my eyes.
 
 
"But technically we are now. You're friends with the rest of the EXO members and that automatically placed us in the same category" he explained and pouted cutely.
 
Gosh~ what am I thinking? Cute? No! Don't fall into his trap of charm.
 
 
"Wow~ What's that? Friends Category selection? I've never heard of it before. Unfortunately for you, I don't rely on that kind of  system. Friendship for me is like trust. It's earned not forced" I pushed further away from him and stood up from my stool. "Now, will you excuse me, I'll just go to the restroom, Kai~" Before I could turn around and take a step, he grab my wrist and turned me around.
 
"Challenge accepted!" he smirked once again. "If that's what you want, let's have it your way then. I'll earn my slot of friendship from you, you'll see"
 
"Suit yourself, Kai~" I mockingly said to him again and headed out from the suite room.
 
 
 
 
Duh~ this Kai guy is too mischievous for my liking, though I won't deny that I find him to be mysteriously interesting.
 
If it weren't for his unmindful boldness, I could have befriended him right from the start. But I guess that's what life has to offer.
 
After all, he's an EXO, which only means that he has that dangerous alluring aura that would make you think twice if you'll let yourself loose into their mystical world.
 
 
   
I was about to take a step to go back to the suite room after doing my business in the restroom, when suddenly, I felt someone grab my wrist and dragged me to a corner. I hissed in pain when that person pinned me to the wall like I was just a piece of junk being thrown away.
 
 
 "Belle~ please, come back to me baby. I can't take this pain anymore" I heard him breath into my ear. 
 
 
Then, the next thing I know is he's already kissing me roughly. My God, Kris! You're making this difficult for both of us. I pushed him away to break the kiss and finally, I realized the taste of the alcohol that he had drank.
 
 
"Yi fan, stop this right now!" I sternly said while looking at him straight in the eyes. "You're already drunk!"
 
 
"I'm not drunk!" he retorted back in his angry and irritated voice as he run his fingers on his blonde hair.
 
 
Huh~ not drunk? I can already smell the strong sense of the mixture of liquor from his every breath in this close distance. Not to mention his already reddening face due to the hint of alcohol that is slowly taking over his actions.
 
 
"Belle~ We can still continue with our relationship. We can just hide it from them. I'll take care of everything" he said in his desperate voice. He cupped his palms on both sides of my cheek and stared intently into my eyes.
 
 
"Bwo?! Are you already out of your mind?"
 
 
"Look~ I've already planned it all out. We just have to-"
 
 
"No!" I yelled at him and yanked his hands away from my face. Right then and there I saw him startled. It's my first time to raise my voice at him and that probably left him in total shock. And almost immediately my hand instantly found its way to cover my mouth when I realized what I just did.
 
 
Oh no, I'm sorry My baby. My dragon prince. I didn't mean to yell at you. It's just that, we both know that this is wrong. It's tearing me apart just to think about it.
 
 
"Have you already found someone else? Don't you really love me anymore?" his question reached my ears painfully like a stabbing knife. He cupped my chin and lifted it up to look at his face. My heart tigthen in pain as I saw tears uncontrollably flowing down his swollen eyes. I want to reach for his face and wipe away those tears, but my inner thoughts stopped me.
 
 
No! I need to be strong. I can't let him see how much he means to me.
 
 
"Yes, I don't love you anymore" I said while looking down at my feet, trying so hard to control my tears. And almost immediately, he replied back.
 
 
"I don't believe you. If you really mean it, you'll say it once again while looking straight into my eyes. If you can't do that, then stay with me"
 
 
Damn it! This is perhaps the hardest thing I'll ever have to do.  To look at you straight in the eyes and tell you a lie. To show no emotion when you start to cry infront of me.
 
 
"That's the truth" I lifted my gaze and looked at him. I tried my best to look straight into his beautiful brown eye and tell the biggest lie that my poor heart has to endure. "I don't love you anymore, Yifan"
 
Damn! Damn! This is the hardest and most painful thing to do.
 
To turn around and walk away, pretending that I don't love you.
 
As much as I want to be with you, I just can't stay.
 
Maybe in another time. In another place. We can work it out.
 
But now, you're already tied to someone else. And your heart's not anymore free to love me.
 
Maybe were just not really meant to be.
 
I've made up my mind. There is no turning back now. Even if it's killing me, I have to let you go.
 
 
 
I didn't wait for him to say another word. I pushed him out of the way and hurriedly make my way across the crowd and went out of the club.
 
I know he's also suffering from the pain, but everything he just said is really absurd. Did he just asked me to cheat on the back of my cousin and commit adultery with him?
 
I've been through a hell of pain and he's not helping a single bit with that stupid proposition of his.
 
 
I unmindfully ran to where ever my feet would drag me amidst my blurry vision that my tears had caused me. I just wanted a quiet and serene place right now to cry my heart out from this severely throbbing pain that is about to burst in my chest.
 
 
Unfortunately, out of my knowledge, I was able to cross the street, and the next thing I know is, I heard some tire screeching. I turned to my side and found a blinding light flashing onto my face.
 
That's when I realized I'm right in front of a fast speeding car coming my way.
 
 
I'm dead! Those are the only words that came across my mind. I stiffened on my rooted position and waited for the painful impact to hit me.
 
This is it! It's the end of me. Goodbye cruel world!
 
They say marriage is what brings two people together, but I guess it's different for us. It actually brought us apart.
 
 
 
 
 
 

   

 

        There you have it guys, its KAI!!  I hope you won't kill me for keeping you waiting... Only one of you had guessed it right, but nonetheless, you all had a fair share of guessing. Great job guys!

         You see, I don't think neither Chanyeol nor Sehun could fit the type of personality that I want to portray in Kai's character. Those two are just too derpy for a charismatic and y character, though I know they're both handsome and hot too.

         Btw, did I made Kris look so desperate here? Sorry about that, but he really is, don't you think? And one more thing, I'm still thinking if I would really need to let Belle die in the next chapter. She's been through a lot of hell already. It's quiet unfair for her to just end like this, right?

           Anyways, I appreciate your subscriptions and comments. Kamsahamnida! (bows 90 degress).