Unlikely Request

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 9: Unlikely Request

 

Chapter 9: Unlikely Request

 

       

 

It's been a couple of weeks now since I've been unknowingly starting to go out and enjoy being with Kai. I'm not committing any sin in doing so, right? You see, I had embedded in my mind before that after I granted his last request, I will never involve myself to him again. But sadly, all my plans had miraculously changed and backfired at me since the night he defended me against UKISS.
 
 
The truth is, my very first intention was just to spend time with him while trying to peek into some information about something, that until now, the rest of the EXO is still trying to hide from me. I strongly believe that everyone in EXO, except for Kai, is seriously trying to avoid being in my presence. As if they're scared that my meticulous and suspiscious personality would break the barrier of the secret they've been trying to keep.
 
 
For every passing day, my very intention had gradually been washed away and forgotten even by my own self when I started to enjoy Kai's company. I admit it now. I'm already starting to like him, but ofcourse I won't tell him unless I'm deeply sure of what I feel. There's really something in his personality that had lured me in and I was completely lost into his mystical world.
 
 
Today, Kai invited me out to the movies and then ate dinner at some fancy restaurant. Gosh~ He's too extravagant to even booked the whole 5 floors of it just because he does't want us to be disturbed. He's wasting too much money!
 
 
He drove me home as usual and escorted me to my condominium unit. It had been a long day and all I want now is to take a rest and feel the comfort of my soft bed.
 
 
"Thank you for today, Kai. I enjoyed every bit of it" I gratefully said.
 
 
"You're welcome Belle~, but can you please start calling me Jongin now?" he asked, giving out a cute pout and I just chuckled at him.
 
 
"Maybe next time. Besides, I feel comfortable calling you Kai. It's convenient for me"
 
 
"Aiissh... but it's not convenient to my heart" he ruffled his hair in annoyance. "It somehow keeps you distant to me. You better make it soon then. I'll be anticipating for it"
 
 
"Hahaha.... Goodnight then, Kai~" I mockingly said. I was about to close the door when he stopped it with his left arm.
 
 
"Wait! Won't I just get a goodnight kiss?" he asked and pouted out his lips for a kiss.
 
 
"Fine~, close your eyes" I said and he immediately obeyed.
 
 
Huh~ So naive for a grown up erted man. I got closer to him and tiptoed to the best that I can, just to reach his height and planted a quick peck on his.........forehead. Kekeke...... I'm more sneaky than you are, garter boy!
 
 
"Yah! What was that about?" he instantly complained. "Why on the forehead? You only do that to old people. I'm not even an ajussi here"
 
 
"Aiissh.... You complain too much. Better there than nothing at all, right?" Hah! Just taking my revenge, pabo!
 
 
"Hmmph! Next time I won't allow that, arrasso?" he cutely stomped his feet.
 
 
"Arrasso ajussi~" I teased and he just glared at me. "Oh, and by the way, once I close this door, I want you to go straight home"
 
 
"Huh? Wae?"
 
 
"Because I don't like to hear the doorbell ring after 15 minutes and find you here again"
 
 
"And if I don't want to?" he stubbornly said.
 
 
"I won't talk to you again!" I threatened and he stiffened in surprise. 
 
 
Huh~ It somehow ended like a routine for him already. Everytime he drives me home, just after 15 minutes, he'll be right at the door again, holding either a bouquet, chocolates or even stuff toys. Personally, I don't like that idea because I don't want anyone spending too much for me.
 
 
"Alright~ I promise I'll go straight home" he said, and then, right then and there, he quickly stole a kiss on my cheek and immediately ran away, leaving me still shock with what he did.
 
 
 Aarggh! This sneaky ert! Why did I even let my guard down? I closed the door and run to my room to change into some comfortable clothes. I was about to throw my body to the bed when suddenly, the doorbell ring. Seriously? My God! It's not even 5 minutes yet and he's already back? I immediately run downstairs to open the door, ready to rant him out of his living daylights.
 
 
"Kai, I told you not to--" I abruptly stopped in my words when I realized it wasn't even him.  "Oh, it's you, Kris~"
 
 
 
 My goodness! Is that even him? It's been long enough since I last saw him. He looked rather harrassed, erm... what I mean is stressed out. He looked too pale and weak from the fierce looking Kris I've known. Not only that, it's also obvious that he loose too much weight. What is he even doing to neglect his health just like this?
 
 
"Hi Belle~"  he greeted, weakness is evident in his tone of voice. "Are you perhaps expecting for Kai then?"
 
 
"A-ah..... well you see, it's because--"
 
 
"It's alright... You don't have to explain anything to me. I'm not even your husband, right?"
 
 
"Ahm.... N-neh~, Please do come in" I said when I ushered him in after closing the door and made him sit on the sofa.
 
 
"It's been long enough since I last went here" he said as he gaze his eyes around. "I didn't know you still got that pororo slippers I bought you" he points to my feet.
 
 
"Oh~ I-It's my favorite" I stuttered in reply.
 
 
"I know, that's why I instantly bought it" I heard him mumble softly. Huh~ and he still clearly remembers.
 
 
"So, w-what do you want to d-drink? Water, juice, tea--"
 
 
"Hey~ relax, it's just me. I won't stay for long, so don't bother anymore" he said when he held my hand and made me sit beside him. I almost flinched at how cold his hand is right now. The hand that always used to warm mine is now icy cold.
 
 
"My God! Kris, you're hands are so cold. Are you alright? What's happening to you?" I started to bombard him with questions and checked on him.
 
 
"Belle~ I'm feeling much better now because you're here with me" he replied and I suddenly soften my gaze at him.
 
 
"Alright, if you say so. What brings you here then?" I simply asked, shifting the atmosphere back to the suppose reason why he came.
 
 
I saw how he felt uncomfortable to even think about it. He momentarily looked away from me and deeply sighed before he gazed back at me with all seriousness in his eyes.
 
 
"Well, I'm here to tell you about something" he started while fiddling with his fingers. "It's actually about--" he paused.
 
 
"Is it about your condition? You're major depression?" I butted in as I try to guess and he just looked at me in surprised. "You see, I accidentally heard about it a few weeks ago"
 
 
Yeah, I remember it clearly like it was just yesterday. I heard him screaming in pain and started to argue with Luhan about his treatment regimens.
 
 
 "Tell me--" he suddenly sounded panicked. "Is that all you heard?"
 
 
 "A-ah, neh~ why?"
 
 
"Good!" he answered and deeply sighed. "That's all you need to know, nothing more" I heard him softly mumbled.
 
 
And what was that supposed to mean? By the way he said it, it seems like there's something more in depth to be looked upon in his given phrase. I was about to question him again, but he suddenly changed the topic.
 
 
"Actually, that's not the reason why I came here. I'm here to ask you a favor"
 
 
"A favor?" I raised my brow in curiosity.  "Alright, anything that is in the range of my capability"
 
 
This might be a bit serious now. Kris had never asked a favor before. Not even if it will cost him his dead. He's just so engrossed on his ego of independency that he wouldn't easily bow down to ask for such things.
 
 
"I hope it wouldn't sound too much. But could you please spend a day with me?" he blurted out as he holds my hands tightly.
 
 
It even took me a couple of seconds to process what he said. What is he up to now? Is this another part of his absurd proposition? Huh~ Kris, you're complicating our lives even more.
 
 
"Kris, we already talked about this. Don't tell me were at it again?"
 
 
"Please baby~ I'm begging you, just this once" he pleaded as he brings my hands to his lips and kissed it. "I'm just asking for 24 hours. Then, I promise I won't bother you again after that"
 
 
"But aren't you suppose to be attending to your treatment therapies instead of thinking about this?"
 
 
"Exactly~" he shrugged his shoulders. "My therapy is to spend a day with happy memories"
 
 
"But Kris, isn't this too--, I mean, of all people, why me?"
 
 
 My God! Is this really needed to be part of his therapy? I was already trying to lift my broken heart out of the throbbing pain. And here he comes again, trying to stab my heart with the painful reality that we are never meant to be together.
 
 
"You're asking me why I choose to be with you?" he asked back while looking straight into my eyes. "It's simple Belle~" he continued on. "Because for me, you're the only one worth remembering" he gave me a sweet smile with his pale and dry lips.
 
 
Huh~ If only our lives hadn't been this complicated, he wouldn't need to ask that from me. I'll readily give my time for him, every minute of every day, until he gets tired of having me around. Alright then, just this once.
 
 
 "Alright, I'll do it, but I have a favor to ask in return" I said and his eyes widen in surprise, but then afterwards, he just gave me another weak smile.
 
 
"Okay, as long as it's in the range of my capability too" he replied and I couldn't help but chuckle when he copied my previous line.
 
 
"After the 24 hours, I would like you to fix everything between you and Elaine. Atleast give it a try on the chance to save your bond in marriage"
 
 
"If that's what makes you happy, then I'll do it" he replied and deeply sighed.
 
 
"Aniyo Kris. Don't do it just because I said so. Do it because you need to. It's part of your responsibility that both you and Elaine have to share" I sternly said as tears slowly rolled down my face.
 
 
"Alright, I promise I'll do my best" he finally said and wiped away my tears with his thumb.
 
 
Then the next thing I knew is, he already engulfed me in his embrace. The embrace that I once felt with all romantic affection, but is now slowly drifting away to a friendly state.
 
 
 We may had been separated as lovers, but it doesn't mean we also need to stop being friends. Afterall, everything about us started in friendship. We somehow have to act civil with each other because we still share a common special group of people, EXO and Elaine.
 
 
 
 
 

 

Aww~ a 24 hours with Kris will surely be memorable.... what do you think?....

To all my new subbies.... thanks for subscribing...... kamsahamnida (bows 90 degrees)