Wedding Blues

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 13: Wedding Blues

 

Chapter 13: Wedding Blues

 

       

 

 
Everyone is running here and there, sometimes tripping and knocking down some things on their way because of their clumsy and fidgeting steps. A couple of voices shouting for instructions can also be heard across the four walls of the huge dressing room.
 
 
Some of them are busy minding their own troubles and stressing their body and minds just to keep everything in place and perfectly polished for the most awaited event of the day.
 
 
Meanwhile, at the farthest corner of the dressing room, a lady who is dressed in the most beautiful, diamond studded, silky white bridal gown is looking at herself in front of the life-size mirror, looking pathetic.
 
 
Instead of feeling happy and excited like the rest of the people around her, the only expression that's pasted on her face is a sad and gloomy one. It somehow seems to reflect the true emotions hiding deep within her heart.
 
 
Yes, the lady infront of that mirror is no other than, the most unfortunate...........me. Today is the day that I fear and dreaded the most. I didn't realized that this day would come this fast.
 
 
If only I have the power to control time, I would turn it back to the time were everything was simple yet happy, especially the times I had spent with Kris. Huh~ I guess I would be too selfish to ask for something like that to happen, right?
 
 
Aarrgh! Can you believe it? Today, I'm going to marry a total stranger that I didn't even see face to face, not until later though. Gosh~ I can't still believe that I'm actually submitting myself into something as dreadful as this.
 
 
I came back to my senses when I saw from the reflection of the mirror, the person I so needed to comfort me right now. She's no other that, my bestfriend, Jenny!
 
 
"Jenny~" I cooed while at the verge of cying myself out for sympathy.
 
 
"Ssshh.... Don't you dare cry or else your make-up will get ruined" she said and consoled me with a tight embrace.
 
 
"Jen, I'm totally confuse now between where I should be and where I want to be"
 
 
"I know, if only I could help you out of this situation, I would. But you know I have no guts to go against your father's rules"
 
 
"I don't know if marrying this person will turn out to be fine. This is just so-- so--"
 
 
"I know it must be really uncomfortable to get married to someone you don't know and haven't seen yet, but I think you should atleast know his name" she carefully suggested.
 
 
"Shireo" I shook my head. "Just let him remain anonymous to me until later on. Besides, it wouldn't change the fact that I'm marrying a total stranger"
 
 
"Alright then, it's your choice" she said and handed me a piece of folded paper. "But if ever you change your mind, just open this and you can read the name of your groom to be"
 
 
"Thank you Jenny~ Thanks for always being there for me" I weakly smiled at her and placed the paper in between my palm.
 
 
"Anytime Belle~ Just stay strong. I know you can surpass this challenge" she encouraged and kissed my cheek. "You deserve to be happy" she finally whispered into my ear.
 
 
"Miss Lee, we have to go now. The ceremony will start in a few minutes" a member of the coordinating staff came and escorted me out.
 
 
We were at the corridors on the way to the wedding hall when suddenly, I felt my chest tightening. Gosh~ Is this the feeling of guilt? The guilt of ever betraying my own heart.
 
 
Wait! I think I need a moment of serenity alone to relax and prepare myself for what's about to happen the moment I'll step into that hall. Just a few minutes will do, that's all I need now.
 
 
"Ahm... Miss, can you go ahead of me? I'll just catch up with you. I just need a moment to breath in some fresh air"
 
 
"Arrasso, but do it fast. The ceremony will be starting in five minutes" she momentarily looked at her wrist watch and walked away, leaving me all by myself.
 
 
I moved towards the glass window and stare at the beautiful night sky. My God, what am I doing to myself? Am I really going to pursue with this? It's not yet too late to back out, right? Gosh~ my dad will kill me for walking out at the last minute without even a short notice.
 
 
Huh~ Even though this will bring embarassment to the family, I also need to think about myself this time. I won't let anyone to decide for me anymore. I need to get out of here, fast!
 
 
I turned my survival mode on and turn my heel, ready to run to the opposite direction when suddenly, I bumped onto someone's hard chest. Damn, that hurt!
 
 
"Omo! Mianhaeyo~ Are you alright?" I heard him say and I just nodded while massaging my forehead.
 
 
"Jagiya! You're going the wrong way~" I heard a very familiar feminine voice, that for sure is calling out for the guy infront of me.
 
 
My eyes widened in surprise the moment she appeared from behind his back and stand beside him. My goodness, is that really her? It's already been a long time since we last saw each other on that sad and bitter day.
 
 
"E-Elaine~ is that really you?"
 
 
"Hi Belle~" she greeted me with a timid smile. " By the way, this is Suho, my boyfriend. Suho, this is my cousin, Belle" she introduced us to each other.
 
 
"So, you're the most awaited bride" he beamly said. "I'm sure the groom must be really happy and excited to finally be marrying someone as lovely as you" he continued on and I just gave him a weak smile.
 
 
Duh~ Happy and excited? I don't think so. Does this guy even know that this is just an arranged marriage? There's no such thing as happiness and excitement when it comes to arranged marriages, because all it brings is total life destruction. Just like what happened to me and Kris, who became victims of the same situation.
 
 
"Your father informed me about this, so I'm here to congratulate you. We'll go ahead Belle. See you at the wedding hall" she said and they both left.
 
 
Huh~ Good for her, she finally look happy and contented now. While me, I'm about to get myself ruined for the rest of my life. Which reminds me then, I won't allow that to happen. I need to continue on my devious plan of running away.
 
 
I was about to take another step when suddenly, there came another interruption in the form of this handsome guy whom I haven't seen for almost a month now. Omo! What is he even doing here? He didn't even tell me that he's already back. I saw how he furrowed his eyebrows and eyed me from head to toe, as if scrutinizing my overall appearance.
 
 
Crap! That's the only moment I realized that I'm wearing a wedding gown with my matching veil and bouquet in hand. I didn't mention anything to him about this, so maybe that made him curious of what I'm doing here with this wedding attire. He was about to say something to me, but I beat him to it and ask him my question.
 
 
"J-jongin, what are you doing here?" I stuttered in my cracked voice.
 
 
"Me? Well, I'm here because of my brother's wedding" he shortly replied.
 
 
Right that instant, I stood there frozen on my spot and my shoulders deflated in total shock. Oh my God, this can't be happening. I'm going to be marrying Jongin's brother?! Oh no, planet earth, just swallow me alive, right now!
 
 
I was snapped back to reality again when I heard some rumbling running footsteps. I turned around and found the wedding planner running towards us, accompanied by her two coordinating staffs.
 
 
"Oh my goodness~" she grasped for breath and looked at me. "Ms. Lee, where have you been? The ceremony is going to start, let's go!" she snappily said and dragged me with her towards the wedding hall.
 
 
Huh~ Too much for my plans of ever escaping from here. This is it, there's no turning back and no more attempts of running away when everyone had finally layed their eyes on me. As I continue to march along the aisle, I kept my gaze locked on the bouquet, not even minding to lift my head to look up.
 
 
This is the first time I wished that I will never have to reach the end of that aisle, but sadly, with no other miracle of choice, I finally reached it. I just stood there on my spot still looking down, like a kid waiting for someone to come and fetch me. Gosh~ and I really hope there's no one to fetch me and bring me infront of that altar.
 
 
I was in my trance of thoughts when suddenly, I felt someone tapped me on my shoulders. I gulped and nervously lifted my head to look at the person beside me, and I guess, the only expression that registered on my face are shock and bewilderment.
 
 
 
 
"Omo! J-jongin, what are you doing here?" I softly asked as I furrowed my eyebrows. "You said---- Your brother's wedding----" I stuttered with my confused thoughts, not even finding the right words to complete a sentence.
 
 
"Oh that~" he finally replied. Huh~ Good thing he understood what I'm trying to say. "I just attended his wedding an hour ago, at the other side's wedding hall"
 
 
"Then, wh-what's the meaning of this?" I pinched my nose bridge as I try to puzzle out everything that's going on.
 
 
"Belle~ Everything will be explained after you said 'I DO', arrasso?" he said with a smile. "By the way, you drop this a while ago" he held out to me a piece of folded paper.
 
 
Yeah right! That paper contains the name of my future husband. My trembling hands reached out for it as I try to debate on myself whether to open it or not. I lifted my gaze up and looked infront to take a deep breath, but then, what flaunt before my eyes had caused me to hold my breath instead.
 
 
There, I saw him again, right infront of me with his white tuxedo that perfectly match my wedding gown. He looks so dashing and handsome like he always do, and with a glint of happiness in his eyes, he flashed me his ever captivating debonaire's smile.
 
 
Is this for real? Oh my goodness, Am I really going to marry him? I'm growing more confused with every passing second and I need confirmation to answer the questions that's crowding in my mind. I clearly know that, everything will be cleared if I'll open this folded paper in my hands.
 
 
I wasted no time and finally unfolded it. Then, right then and there, I came face to face with his name. It is really him, the man that I'm about to marry and spend the rest of my life with. Scribbled on that paper is the very name that belongs to the man that is standing right infront of me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Sorry for that guys..... As what Kai had said, everything will be explained afterwards, right?

So just be patient with me, I will try to update really soon.....

Btw, don't forget to leave your comments, it really completes my day to read your anticipations and insights about the story........... Kamsahamnida!!

 

We Are One!!

 

Gosh~ I really feel sad that our awesome 'baekhundred' got suspended... Now all of us will have a hard time to understand the episode of EXO's Showtime without comprehensible eng subs.... huhuhu