Building Lasting Memories

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 10: Building Lasting Memories

 

Chapter 10: Building Lasting Memories

 

 

Alright guys, here's Belle's most awaited 24 hours with Kris....

 


 

 

It is a wonderful day, filled with beautiful ambiance as the sun illuminates its radiant morning greetings to everyone. It feels like the constellations had converged dramatically to make this day perfect for the sole purpose of creating a joyful and happy memory.
 
 
Yes, today is the day that Kris had chosen to spend the entire 24 hours together with me. The bright atmosphere of the day had somewhat reflect the bright aura emitting from him. Despite his pale, weak and frail looking state, his bright and sweet smile never fail to leave his face.
 
 
A while ago, he told me to relax and just go with the flow of the fun were going to have. To my utmost surprise, he decided to take on his plan of the day in this particular Amusement Park. I don't know what kind of sentimental value this place has for him, but he just loves to go back here over and over again ever since the day I met him in this same place.
 
 
It's quite childish for him to look at when his first targeted place was the vending doll machine positioned just adjacent the carousel ride. And believe me, it took him a while and he spent almost 10,000 won just to get that white fluffy alphaca stuff toy that his hands are so eager to lay upon.
 
 
Just imagine the joy he had when he finally end up victorious to finally have it from all the sweat and technical ability of his hands just to manipulate that piece of machine. He just wouldn't quite when he wants something.
 
 
"Hmm... Now daddy shall call you Ace!" he happily mumbled to the toy and I just chuckled on how funny he looked now. Seriously, his cool and cold guy image is now being smashed by a ten wheeler truck. He looks so cute.
 
 
He took a final glance at 'Ace' and turned to me with a smile. He motioned the toy towards me and securely positioned it in between my arms. What now? Are we going to play 'happy family' here?
 
 
"Now, I turn you over to mommy. She'll take better care of you because daddy is quite a busy giant" he cutely said and planted a kiss on my forehead.
 
 
Right that moment, I finally realized where all of these are leading to. It will now be an all-pretend re-enactment of how we used to be. Huh~ Alright Belle, you must keep your twitching heart strong.
 
 
The next place he dragged me onto is to a small colorful booth that I've never seen to be there before, or has it? To my curiosity, I then found out that it was a 'couple accessory' booth. Now I'm sure I'm gonna have something to add again in the collection of our 'couple treasure' as we once called it.
 
 
 
"Oh~ what a lovely couple we have here" says the man who attends the store. Huh~ If only he knew how awkward it sounded now. "Since you're our first customer, we'll give this special edition of couple necklace for free"
 
 
"Jinjja?!" Kris and I chorused in total surprise. Wow! This is really a lucky day for us.
 
 
"Neh~ Now you see, this is a unique type of couple necklace" he started to explain. "The moment you pull this lid here, you can immediately read the love note that you yourself had written" he finally said and clapped excitedly like a retarded seal.
 
 
Hmmph, now this sure is unique. It practically look like a build-in 'message in a bottle', in a smaller version though. I wonder if Kris would find it interesting because he sure is picky when it comes to things like this. He has a cold city guy image and things like this won't complement with his character. But then again, he still got his cute side. Ace here is the perfect concrete example
 
 
 "You mean, we'll write it down with our own handwriting?" he curiously asked and the man nodded.
 
 
 "Why, is there something wrong about that?"
 
 
"Aniyo~ It's just that, my handwriting is not that, erm... fairly good to see" Gosh~ Kris, you really got a big and serious problem there. kekeke....
 
 
 "Aiissh... that's nonsense. You're girlfriend here wouldn't even mind about that, just as long as you lovingly wrote it for her" the man replied and that instantly made me blush.
 
 
"Alright then, may you lend us a pen?"
 
 
"Sure! After writing it down, you must exchange your necklaces with each other, arrasso?" he finally said and we complied.
 
 
It took me a couple of minutes to think of what should I write. Gosh~ this is more difficult than taking a College Entrance Exam. I was a bit hesitant at first when I finally got the idea. I decided to write it down as to what my heart dictates. I was about to open and read what kris had written, but he suddenly stopped me.
 
 
 
"Read it later. You will spoil the romantic aura if you'll read it in my presence" he cheekily said and pulled me towards our next venue.
 
 
 
Now here comes the trouble with the rides. Gosh~ It feels like my body and soul are being tormented in hell with every ride we took. We almost completed it all but I already surrender just right after the rollercoaster.
 
 
I couldn't take any more of the spinning and turning, because right now, my stomach is threatening to turn upside down with all the dizziness and nausea I'm experiencing.
 
 
"Baby~ are you alright? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have insisted in riding that one" Kris worriedly said as he securely holds me by the waist.
 
 
"I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry about me"
 
 
"Alright then, are you hungry? What do you want to eat?"
 
 
"Yifan, we just took our lunch a while ago. I'm still a bit full"
 
 
"We'll just have sweets then. Sit and rest here while I'll go buy some" he said as he assisted me towards a bench, and left right after giving a kiss on my cheek.
 
 
Huh~ He's making me confuse of my growing feelings for Kai. No! This is all wrong! I musn't fall for him again. I've already moved on with Kai's help. Yes, that's it! Calm your heart Belle, everything's going to be alright.
 
 
I started to mentally lecture myself and placed my hand on my chest. That's when I remembered about the couple necklace. I guess this is the right time to read his love note while he's still not around. I pulled the lid and came face to face with his handwriting. It's totally not bad as he accused it to be.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Even as tears and joy will follow me...
I'll choose to love you through eternity...
 
 
 
 
 
Right that instant, I wanted to burst into tears at the sudden swelling emotion I'm feeling in my chest. I managed to control myself before my eyes could even get teary. I immediately snapped the note back into the necklace the moment I heard someone's approaching footsteps.
 
 
I turned to my side and saw Kris holding a cone of ice cream on each of his hand, and a stick wrapped with pink cotton candy placed in between his lips.
 
 
"Here you go baby~ These are all for my favorite princess in the whole wide world" he cheerfully said and hand me the ice cream and cotton candy.
 
 
"Oh~ You still remember my favorite flavor"
 
 
"Ofcourse" he winked at me. "Everything about you is inscripted in my heart" he said while making a cross sign on his left chest.
 
 
Huh~ I don't know how he instantly turned to be this romantic. I mean, I know he already is, but I think he already crossed the borderline this time. He's way too cheesy with words and it somehow doesn't go well with his usual cool image.
 
 
"Don't you remember this place anymore?" I heard him asked in his weak tone of voice.
 
 
Right that instant, I finally realized what he meant. This is the exact place where we first crossed our paths. To think, it was also the exact bench where he was seated when I accidentally tered my cotton candy on his divinely featured face. Huh~ It was like it just happened yesterday.
 
 
"Ofcourse I remember this place" I replied and looked at him. "This is the place where you got me scared to death with your angry face. Not to mention that you also lectured me on how I should be looking where I was going" I huffed at him and pretended to be angry.
 
 
"I wasn't angry at all. It was already normal for my face to look like that. And I wasn't lecturing you, I was just reminding you to be careful" he defended himself with a cute poit on his lips.
 
 
"Nevermind~ It was all in the past now. But this~" I said as I secretly place a small amount of ice cream on my finger. "This is for making me scared that time" I snappily said and wiped it on the tip of his nose and quickly ran away from him.
 
 
"Hey baby~" he called as he wiped his nose. "Come back here! This is unfair!" he protested and started to run after me.
 
 
 I continued to run and run as I try to keep a safe distance away from him. Gosh~ I better not let him catch me or else I'll be a very vulnerable victim to the 'ice cream wiping battle' that will happen next.
 
 
I turned to look at him again to check on his distance, but to my horror, I found him already on his knees, clutching onto his chest, grasping for air to breath. I wasted no time and ran to him, quickly throwing the ice cream and cotton candy into the waste bin on the way.
 
 
"Omo! Kris, are you alright? I should take you to the hospital" I started to panic and helped him to stand up.
 
 
"I'm alright Belle, I just felt a bit tired. By the way, on what restaurant do you want us to have our dinner?" he said in between his heavy breathing.
 
 
"No, we'll not eat in any restaurant. Let's just go home now and I'll cook us dinner" I said as we started to walk towards his car.
 
 
"Ahm... Belle~" he softly whispered. "May I.... ahm.... hold your hand?"
 
 
"Sure~ no problem" I replied back as I grabbed his hand and he securely interlaced our fingers.
 
 
As we continued our ride home, it suddenly crossed my mind that, to be able to complete the 24 hours, it only means I have to stay with him until the following morning. Gosh~ Why haven't I thought about it a while ago? I was deep in my thoughts when suddenly, the car stopped and he announced that we had already arrived.
 
 
The moment I gazed myself at the place, I realized that it wasn't my house, not even the EXO villa. Don't tell me this is his house and Elaine's? But it can't be, he wouldn't risk to do such a thing and place us in trouble and misunderstanding.
 
 
"Kris, whose place is this?" I instantly asked him the moment we stepped into the house.
 
 
"Oh this? It's technically OURS. I was planning to give this to you as an engagement gift, but I wasn't even given the chance to propose to you" he said and that made me dumpfounded.
 
 
Aiissh.... I shouldn't have asked about it. I can't even control this mouth of mine. Gosh~ Now I'm feeling awkward to even move a muscle.
 
 
"Please make yourself at home. By the way, there's the kitchen" he said as he grabbed my hand and lead the way.
 
 
I wanted to cook his favorite dish, but then the availability of the ingredients are not capable for it to be prepared, so I resolved in changing the recipe. He said he liked its taste, but I don't know how true. Nevermind then, as long as we have eaten something for dinner.
 
 
He insisted to help in tidying up the table and wash the dishes, but I declined the idea. He already look weak and exhausted, so why would I let him? I still have a soft heart to consider his condition. I told him to rest, and he said that if I needed anything, I'll just look for him in his room. The first one to the left of the second floor's hallway.
 
 
I finished my chores and started to climb the stairs. I needed to talk to him now about our sleeping arrangements and on which room I'm free to use. There should really be a spare room in this big house, right?
 
 
I was about to knock on the door, but I suddenly heard him screaming in pain. I immediately yanked the door open and heard his screaming voice in the bathroom. My goodness! What is it this time?
 
 
"Kris! What's happening?" I asked in my trembling and panicking voice. This is not good! He's certainly not feeling alright in there.
 
 
"Kris! Open the door please! Let me help you!" I shouted over and over again, but he still wouldn't open it. He just continued to scream in pain.
 
 
Tears are now streaming and flowing uncontrollably down my face. I'm just right here, right on the other side of the door, but I couldn't even do anything to help him. What shall I do? Kris, please tell me you're safe. Please~ you're slowly killing me with worry out here.
 
 
 I continued to pounce on the door with my clenched fists in hope that he will open it. But it still took a little more time before I heard the click of the lock and the door knob twisted and the door finally opened.
 
 
"Kris, what happened? Where are you hurt? We need to go to the hospital now. You're surely in pain" I talked non-stop as I checked on him.
 
 
"Baby~ I'm fine now. I just slipped on the tiled floor" he exhaustedly said in his weak voice. "Besides, you're right here with me, so I'm feeling fine. Stop crying now" he wiped away my tears and gave each of my cheek a peck.
 
 
"But are you sure? I don't think--"
 
 
"Ssshh.... don't think too much now, arrasso? Let's just sleep now, I'm tired" Oh yeah, that certainly reminds me of my next question.
 
 
"Which one is my room then?"
 
 
"Ahm... I hope you wouldn't mind, but could you atleast sleep here with me? The bed is big enough for us. Don't worry, I won't do anything. You're always safe with me" he said as he leads me to sit at the edge of the bed.
 
 
"But this is not right~"
 
 
"It's alright~ Were not doing anything wrong" he lifted me up in bridal style to the center and tucked me to bed.
 
 
"Ahm... Baby~ May I snuggle closer to you? I'm feeling a bit cold" he said and I just nodded.
 
 
I felt him wrapped his arm around my waist and I instantly felt his broad chest on my back. He snuggled his face on the crook of my neck and finally whispered goodnight after planting a kiss on my temple.
 
 
It sure is much warmer now than a while ago. The feeling of warmth could easily put me to sleep, but not now. I can feel his calm breathing and his steady heartbeat, but mine is not. It feels like I'm doing a marathon here.
 
 
I bet if he's still awake, he will definitely tease me and tell me to relax. Gosh~ How can I be if were this awkwardly close?
 
 
It's been two hours now, but I still couldn't sleep. My eyes are shot close but all of my senses are fully awake. Should I count how many stars are there on the sky? Maybe by the time I finish I'll feel sleepy already.
 
 
Huh~ I was mentally trying all the methods that I could think of when suddenly. I heard Kris humming a tune in my ear. Then, the next second, he's already singing a soft melodious song.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love the way you smile, when I look in your eyes
I love the way you laugh, when I try to be funny
And how a tear rolls down your face
When I say, no one could ever take your place
 
Baby when you sleep, I watch you breathing
Baby when you dream, I dream with you
Cause everywhere you are, is where I wanna be
It's true, everything you do
Makes me know how much I love you~
 
The way you touched my lips, right after every kiss
And softly whisper, that I'm your everything
The way you pray, our love won't die
Every night just before you close your eyes
 
Baby when you sleep, I watch you breathing
Baby when you dream, I dream with you
Cause everywhere you are, is where I wanna be
It's true, everything you do
Makes me know how much I love you~
 
I believe some things are meant to be
As sure as there is love, 
Your's was meant for me
 
Baby when you sleep, I watch you breathing
Baby when you dream, I dream with you
Cause everywhere you are, is where I wanna be
It's true, everything you do
Makes me know how much I love you~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Now I finally feel happy and contented to leave. Thanks for everything, my love. I love you and I always and forever will" he whispered and kissed me on my cheek.
 
 
That instant, the tears that I'm trying to hold back has finally escaped quietly from my eyes. I still try my best to hold back from sobbing so that he'll not find out.
 
 
 
Then, the next thing I knew is, my peaceful slumber is disturbed by the ringing of my phone. Aiissh..... too early for a call. I'm still feeling sleepy. I was about to reach for it on the nightstand but I felt something preventing me from doing so.
 
 
I turned to my side and saw Kris' sleeping figure. Gosh~ I almost forgot that I slept here with him last night. I slowly removed his arm around my waist and immediately answered the phone before it could wake Kris up with its ringing.
 
 
 "Hello Jenny~, what is it?" I asked, still in my groogy morning voice.
 
 
 "Belle, you need to hurry. The Macau branch is in chaos. The investors are threatening to pull out their stocks"
 
 
  "What?!" I shouted, momentarily forgetting that Kris is just right beside me, still sleeping soundly. My God, thankfully he didn't stir a bit.
 
 
  "Yeah, you heard me right. I think you should go and convince them personally. They'll listen to you"
 
 
  "Alright then, book me a flight for this afternoon. I'm going there." I said and hanged up.
 
 
My goodness~ I knew it! That Macau branch is nothing but trouble. Those old and grumpy investors are such a royal pain in the . How dare them to threaten us on pulling out their stocks?
 
 
Gosh~ If only I could wipe them out of our business circle, I would. But dad will kill me. He definitely values Ethics in transacting business.
 
 
I immediately rise from the bed and started to gather up my things. I was in my busy and panicking mode when suddenly, Kris woke up and looked at me curiously.
 
 
"Belle, what are you doing?"
 
 
"I'm really sorry Kris, but I really need to go now. Some trouble came up in work"
 
               
"Trouble? What do you mean? Is it serious?"
 
 
"A-ah no, it's nothing like that. Just some cranky investors wanting attention"
 
 
"But it's too early. Aren't you going to have breakfast with me?" he asked, and for the first time, I saw him pouted.
 
 
"Mianhaeyo..... but I really need to go now" I apologetically replied. "Annyeong!"
 
 
I was about to step out of his room when he suddenly called me. I stopped on my tracks and looked at him, struggling to get out of the blankets around him.
 
 
"Belle~" he cooed when he sat at the edge of the bed. "May I ask you one last favor?"
 
 
"Sure, what is it?"
 
 
"May you..... ahm..... kiss me one last time? A friendly kiss on the cheek will do" he shyly said and looked down.
 
 
I wasted no time and walked straight to him. I lifted his chin and take one last look at his face. From his thick eyebrows, his brown soulfull eyes, his tall pointed nose, his prominent jawline, his flawless skin and finally on his now pale lips.
 
 
 "Ofcourse" I softly said and kissed him on his cheek.
 
 
Then right after, I immediately ran out of his room and out of the house. I couldn't stay long or I'll completely loose in this battle of my wounded heart. This is for the best of everyone. 
 
 
Sometimes, there's really a need for sacrifices to set things on its right place. Which only means, him with Elaine, and me, well maybe I could take my own second chance on romance with Kai. Yes, that's the right thing to do. The only one last thing that's left to do.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
Awww..... Kris oppa is such a sentimental guy.... 
 
Oh, and Belle is ready to take her chance in romance with Kai..... Let's just let her move on, alright?
and just a hint, she'll have to face another problem when she comes back from Macau, so--- kekeke....
 
Btw, if you're curious of the song that Kris sang for Belle, just search for it....
It's entitled Everything You Do by Christian Baustista ( Filipinos out there knows this, right?)
I strongly recommend that you listen to it during that particular scene and just pretend it's Kris singing...
It will surely go along with the mood of the scene....
 
 
I'll be awaiting for your comments..... Kamsahamnida.....