Payback Duty

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 7: The Payback Duty

 

Chapter 7: The Payback Duty

 

 

 

Here comes Belle's next payback duty guys..... kekeke...

Hope I wouldn't disappoint you in this chapter..... 

I don't know, but I felt like I'm making the next chapters boring, Am I??..... Jeongmal Mianhaeyo!!

 

 


 

 
It's already five in the afternoon when I started to get ready for everything tonight. Gosh~ Until now I still have doubts if whether I really need to show up later or not. I swear this will be the last time that I will give in to his request. Just this once Belle and you're free from all this payback responsibility you have from him.
 
 
Huh~ I still can't believe that his next request would be to go to this Business Party as his date. I was not totally agaisnt the idea though, but I just feel a little uncomfortable because this time around, I'm going with another person. I was just so used to going with Kris everytime events like this would come up.
 
 
I was about to drink a glass of water to calm myself, when suddenly, my housemaid informed me that a package had just arrived. Out of curiosity, I hurriedly went to the living room and saw a huge white box on top of the coffee table. I wasted no  time and reached for the ribbon to untie and open it. And much to my amazement, I found an elegant black fitting backless dress, studded with diamond beads.
 
 
My God! An international brand of dress had miraculously found it's way to my door. But that awe had still left me with the concern that, I will end up shivering in the cold because of too much skin I will be revealing if I wear it. I was about to place it back into the box, when I caught a glimpse of a note and read it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        Wear this for tonight. I know you'll look stunning with that. I think I should brace myself to shoo away all the hungry wolves later. I'll come to pick you up at around 6pm. See you soon.
 
Jongin 😘
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gosh~ How many times does he need to remind me of what time he'll come to pick me up? As if I really have the choice to not go with him when I surely know he'll not stop pestering me if he'll not get his last request. I only hope that everything will end out fine tonight.
 
 
"Miss Belle, how do you want your hair done?" the hairstylist came rushing to me, but she suddenly grasp when she saw the dress I was holding. "Omo! Is that a Kleinfeld gown? You sure will look deadly gorgeous tonight!"she beamly said and claps her hands excitedly. Huh~ They all look excited more than me here. Can't they just be in my place then?
 
 
And true enough with his words,  Kai arrived sharply on time as he had stated. Good thing I finished with all the preparations just in time. I never thought that someone cocky like him could also be punctual. Just this once, I give him credit for that. And well, as usual, he looks charming in his tuxedo and dangerously handsome for every lady's defenseless hearts.
 
 
"Wow!" that was the first word that escaped from his mouth when I walked towards him. "Just for tonight, can I activate my beastly mode?" he asked while biting on his lower lip.
 
 
"Try to do that and I'll go back to my room and sleep instead!" I warned him with my glares and he just gave me a sheepish smile in return.
 
 
"Fine~ I was just easing the mood" he said as we both rode on his new car, again? Damn! How many luxurious cars does he have hiding in his underground basement? "But really Belle, you look-"
 
 
"Just shut your mouth and drive, arasso?" I snapped and kept silent throughout the ride. 
 
 
 Gosh~ I don't like to hear his compliments because it makes me blush shamelessly. I don't know why, but he suddenly has that effect on me. Aarrgh! I hate this confusion I'm feeling. I was hating him to the fits of hell, but now I'm starting to have this, this.... Aarghh, I don't even know how to describe it! This guy is driving me crazy.
 
 
The moment we reached the event, all eyes came darting towards me which made me feel like shrinking in my own shell. Don't they know that it's rude to stare at people? Why do they keep looking at me like I owe them a million dollar debt? I just suddenly want to turn invisible and disappear like tiny bubbles into the air.
 
 
"Don't mind them. They're just insecure on how gorgeous you are" Kai softly whispered as he inched me much closer to his side that even bacterias can't get pass through our proximity. At that sudden gesture, I somehow found myself blushing like a teenage girl in prom.
 
 
Gosh~ Can you believe that? I blushed because of this bratty erted freak beside me? Oh man! The world must had turned upside down and Poseidon might even cast a tsunami right at me here. I hate it when I seem to be very vulnerable everytime I'm with him. What sorcerry has he got me into this time?
 
 
The people's constant stares are not the only thing that bothers me throughout this event. Right now, I'm also feeling the butterflies in my stomach like they are ready for a riot. I always feel this way in gatherings like this, but this time it's more intense.
 
 
 
I don't know why, but I have this gut feeling and sensed that something is wrong. It's as if something really unexplainable is about to happen. My God, I hope my instincts would fail me this time.
 
 
Well, everything went well so far, but my feet are starting to feel the stress of this killer high heels. I can't almost keep up with Kai everytime he will move around chatting with people I hardly know, except for the ones who are acquainted with our company.
 
 
Aiissh.... Why does he even have to roam around all the time? I hate to compare them but, if it was Kris, he will only be standing in one place, waiting for the people to come and talk to him. Such a diva, huh? Well, he has all the right to act like one though. I guess each people has different approach when it comes to socializing.
 
 
My sufferings didn't even end there when this Jongin- Wait! Did I just start calling him Jongin? Damn it! Erase and delete that! I mean, this Kai here had decided to dragged me out to the dance floor. My God! I swear in Chen's trolling face and Tao's wushu stick, that if I won't be able to feel my feet by tomorrow, I will definitely throw these pair of sandals hard on his face. Is he really going to worn me out here?
 
 
"Hey~ don't tense up" he cooed when he pulled me closer to him. "Do you still feel unsafe with me?"
 
 
Damn! Does he really need to ask me that stupid question? How can I feel safe when he's face is almost touching mine. He's way too close for comfort, too close I tell you. Not to mention that his arms are wrapped around me too. Huh~ He can even win against Tao in having to much skinship with me. Aiissh... and those warm hands of his is now sending shivers to me as it touched my .
 
 
"Don't worry, I can assure you that you're safe with me anytime and anywhere" he whispered to me. "Okay, I think we already dance enough. You look like you're drained out of energy" Gosh~ That instant, I felt like rejoicing in heaven when he finally said that.
 
 
He led us out of the dancing crowd and went into a more spacious and uncrowded corner. To my surprise, I saw him bent down in one knee and took out something from his pocket. My God! What is he doing?
 
 
"Good thing I followed my instincts to bring this" he said and held out the thing he got from his pocket which turned out to be a.....band aid. Oh~ he really got me tensed up back there. "Why didn't you tell me you're already suffering on those heels?" he asked while placing the band aid on my right foot.
 
 
 
 
"Well, because you're too busy minding your own business. Don't worry, I won't charge you with that, it's no big deal"
 
 
 
"It's a big deal for me because it's YOU. Besides, I'm you're date here and that means I'm responsible for everything about you tonight" he replied when he stood up. He was about to reach out to touch my face but he stopped when a group of guys showed up.
 
 
"Wow!" I suddenly heard one of them cheered with joy, well more of a mockery tone.
 
 
Right that instant, I felt my body tensed up. Huh~ and who are these guys anyway?  I suddenly felt uneasy the moment they stopped right infront of us. Just by the way they stare, I already feel the creepy aura emitting from their personalities. They look like they don't have anything good to say. Even though how handsome they look, their presence spelled trouble for me, like literally.
 
 
"Did a miracle just happened infront of us?" a guy with blonde hair said. What miracle is he even talking about?
 
 
"Yeah right. The ever ALONE Kai finally brought along a date with him" another one said with a smirk.
 
 
 I tried to look at Kai's facial expression at the almost indirect insult that these guys are saying. He looked rather calm but, I saw how his jaw clenched and his fist tighten with their every piercing word. Gosh~ Who do they think they are to just throw some random unminful words towards other people?
 
 
"Hey guys~" Kai fakely greeted then he looked at me. "Belle, these are Kevin, Eli, Soohyun, Kiseop, AJ and Hoon. All together they are called UKISS" he continued to introduce them to me.
 
 
UKISS? I've heard about them before. Oh yeah~ The famous group who owns the Global Entertainment Company. I never thought they all look young to be the owners. Well to think, the EXO boys are young too, but they all were able to manage their own companies as well.
 
 
"Who's this y chic with you Kai? She's hot!" the Kevin guy said as he tries to grab my hand. Luckily, Kai was fast enough to slap his hand away and securely move me behind as he shields me with his body from their view.
 
 
"Keep your hands and eyes to yourselves. She's a close friend of mine, so you should atleast respect her"
 
 
"Oh~ She's just a friend?" Eli raised a brow. "So, does it mean I can have her then after tonight?"
 
 
What? This assuming freak! What does he think of me? A piece of cloth which he can grab away and claim as his? I was about to give him a piece of my fierce words when suddenly, Kai grabbed him by the collar and sneered at him.
 
 
"Say another stupid word and you'll say goodbye to the billion dollar investment I made in your tiny company!"
 
 
"Whooah! Chillax man!" he retreated and removed Kai's hands away for his now wrinkled collar. "I was just trying to be friendly"
 
 
"Listen up UKISS! She's off limits to anyone of you" he said, pointing a finger to each of them. "That goes the same to the rest of the male population here. Do I make myself clear?"
 
 
"Oh~ so protective. Are you sure she's JUST a friend? It felt like there's something deeper than that"
 
 
"Wait a minute! I think I already saw her before" they continued on observing me like I'm a piece of clothing.
 
 
"Oh! You're right hyung!" Kevin snapped a finger. "I saw her with Kris before. Oh~ you're Kris' ex-girlfriend right?"
 
 
"Oh! Too bad, I heard Kris is now married to someone else. I always thought you'll end up together"
 
 
"Hmm... So you're Kris' ex-girlfriend but now you're with Kai? I never thought it's on EXO's trend to be exchanging their girls with each other. It makes me wonder who will you end up with next" Soohyun smirked. "I never knew that Kris is a dumb leader to initiate such an absurd idea. ."
 
 
That's when I knew they crossed the boundary line. I wasn't fast enough to process what's happening next when Kai came right at him and punched the guy hard on the face. Soohyun tumbled to the ground with impact and wiped the blood from his bleeding nose. Gosh~ If they just kept their mouth shut, this wouldn't had happen. But serves him right though, this piece of jerk!
 
 
"Don't you dare talk about her that way again or the rest of the world will be mourning about your dead tomorrow" Kai gritted in anger. "And mind you, in your attitude, I think you're more dumb than anyone else!" he spat at him and dragged us out of the event to his car.
 
 
"Kai, relax~" I said as I pat him on the shoulder. "Those punks aren't worth of your attention"
 
 
"Huh~" he deeply sighed. "I'm really sorry if you had to witness that. I don't mind if they insult me all night, but I can't bear it when they start meddling with my family and friends"
 
 
"I completely understand. You just acted out for your defensive instincts"
 
 
"I can't believed they said those words to you and duizhang. He's already experiencing so much pain now with his new condition and--"
 
 
"Wait! What do you mean his new condition? What happened?" I curiously asked and I saw him got shocked as if he just revealed something that he shouldn't have said.
 
 
"A-ah~ that, it's nothing!" he stuttered and looked down.
 
 
"Kai! Tell me, what is it?!" I sternly demanded. My God! He's making me nervous.
 
 
"I-I mean, the pain, y-yes, he's still in pain about your separation" he deeply sighed and looked away from me.
 
 
I don't know why, but it seemed like there's still more behind the words he had said. Is he and the rest hiding something from me? Whatever it is, I know I will still find it out. If not from him or from the rest of EXO, I will find it myself.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Gosh~ Did I just made UKISS look like  a group of bad guys? Peace out everyone!

What could the EXO boys been hiding about Kris? Aiissh.... boys could be secretive too, right?

Kai had almost slipped it out of his tongue.... That maknae should really control his words when he's angry......