Truth Revealed

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 11: Truth Revealed

 

Chapter 11: Truth Revealed

 

       

Sorry for the late update guys... I was busy last week...

Here's the next chapter... Enjoy reading...

I'll be waiting for your comments... Kamsahamnida....

 

 


 

 

It had almost been two weeks now since I've been here in Macau to solve the petty trouble that the investors had managed to put up. Actually, I've already settled the problem just in three days time upon arriving, but then I decided to lengthen my stay here.
 
 
Why? Because I just want to loosen up and ponder on the rollercoaster events of my life. But unfortunately, all this time, the pondering had done nothing better to ease my troubled heart and mind. I'm still trapped in total oblivion of the twarting scenarios until now.
 
 
At this moment in time, I'm starting to pack up my luggage, because finally, by tomorrow, I'll be going back to Seoul. I was busy folding my clothes when suddenly, I heard the doorbell ringing. My mind had automatically thought it to be Jenny. Huh~  ofcourse she'll be nagging about the workload that we left behind because of my unexpected request of staying longer.
 
 
I lazily walked downstairs to open the door, but to my utmost surprise, it wasn't Jenny. There, standing by the door was no other than my cousin, Elaine. What surprised me more is that, she doesn't look happy and jovial like the way she used to be everytime we meet.
 
 
"Elaine, why are you here?" I curiously asked. It makes me wonder what could be the important reason why she even have to fly all the way here.
 
 
Instead of answering me, she walked in right away and even pushed me aside on her way in. She doesn't seem to be her usual self right now. Plastered on her face is a straight and emotionless expression that I've never seen her to have before, not until now.
 
 
I was about to ask her again of her reason why she came over when suddenly, for the very first time, she slapped me on my face, hard. I was so startled that I couldn't even say a word. I just stared at her, trying to puzzle out what was that slapped for.
 
 
"Does it hurt, Belle?" she sarcastically asked in her gritted teeth. "Huh~ I bet it still lacks the total amount of hurt that you caused me"
 
 
"Elaine, what's this all about? Tell me what's wrong?"
 
     
What's going on with her? She just suddenly came here and slapped me without explaining to me why. It's just so unusual for her to be acting like this. It's totally not in her character to do so.
 
 
"Don't act all too innocent, Belle. You're asking me what's wrong? Why don't you ask yourself that question. Are you that blind not to see that you're the reason why I'm acting like this?"
 
 
"M-me? W-what do you mean?" I nervously asked, the curiosity has somehow start to build a panic state in me at the worst thing that I fear it to be. Oh my God! Don't tell me it's about that secret issue?
 
 
"Why Belle? Why did you do this to me?" she cried and slammed herself to sit on the nearby sofa, tears came flooding down her gloomy face. "I already know about it. Everything about you and Kris"
 
 
Right that moment, the fear of the truth had crept in my being as my eyes grew wide in shock and panic. Oh no! This couldn't be happening. We already planned it all out to keep it concealed but how did this happened? 
 
 
I limply sat beside her and drown myself in my thoughts of confusion, not knowing what to say. Then, suddenly I saw her got something from her bag and placed it on top of the table infront of us.
 
 
It was a pink box with heart shape prints all over it and a neatly tied white ribbon at the middle of its cover. I don't remember seeing it before. What does it even have to do with me and the situation now?
 
 
"I've come to know everything when I accidentally found this box on top of his desk while I was cleaning his study room" she sadly explained.
 
 
"Look Elaine, Kris and I had settled this already. I've even chosen to give up on whatever there is between us, so you don't have to-"
 
 
"You gave up your own happiness just to make way for mine. Don't you know how it makes me feel too guilty of that? I didn't even had a single glimpse of happiness when everyday was like a torture to me" she spat at me in her irritated voice.
 
 
Huh~ Everyday was a torture for her? What about me then, does it look like I'm enjoying being inflicted with every throbbing pain? I'm trying so hard to stay strong and live on, despite everything that caused me like torments that came straight from hell.
 
 
"Why did you hide it from me? Do you really think I'm that stupid not to find it out soon?" she angrily accused me. "You know what, I really want to battered you up with all the anger I'm feeling now, but it seemed like I don't even have the right to do so, when all I feel is guilt because I came in between you and him"
 
 
"Listen to me first. I didn't want to tell you because I don't want you to get hurt"
 
 
"But what's the difference it made now? I'm experiencing double the hurt because you didn't tell me about it, and you treated me like a stupid person that you easily manipulated with your pretencies"
 
 
"It's not like that, you got it all wrong. I'm deeply sorry for keeping you all these things. I didn't know it will turn out like this"
 
 
"No!" she retorted back. "You don't have to say sorry to me. I'm the one who's supposed to say that to you"
 
 
"Elaine~"
 
 
Huh~ Damn it! I don't even know how to start on making her understand everything. If only it's just as easy as dealing with business, I won't even have any trouble now. But were talking about feelings here, her hurt feelings because of me.
 
 
"I'm sorry Belle, because I ruined everything. I didn't know that right from the start, I'm the other woman. The villain character that had wrecked you fairytale love story" she said as she crumpled the hem of her skirt with her fists.
 
 
"Elaine, please don't say that. Let me explain everything" I replied and placed my hand on her shoulder but she swatted it away like the feelings of betrayal she feels towards me.
 
 
"No need for that. Kris had explained to me every single detail before he--" she abruptly stop in the middle of her sentence and looked at me with the mixture of sadness and concern.
 
 
"Before he what?" I urged her to continue on, but she just deeply sighed and dismissed the thought.
 
 
"Nevermind. Just forget about it. I have to go now. I have a plane to catch" she immediately said and stood up.
 
 
"You're going back to Seoul?"
 
 
"No. I can't bare to see that place again. I've decided to migrate to the States"
 
 
"T-that's good to hear. Maybe you and Kris would be better off starting your life together in another place" I said and I heard her softly mumbled the words "I don't think so"
 
 
She was about to step out of the door, but then, she suddenly stop and turned to face me once again with her sad and sulky expression.
 
 
"You know what, Belle" she started as she looked at me straight in the eyes. "In this situation that weve been through, I realized that when we fall in love, it doesn't mean that it's the other person's obligation to love us back." she momentarily looked down then lifted her face again.
 
 
"I hope you'll still find the happiness that you willingly let go" she finally said and closed the door behind her.
 
 
Gosh~ What have I done wrong for the heavens to punish me with such a complicated life. I choose to sacrifice for others, but it just backfires at me and it didn't even end as happy as I intended it to be. Are my sufferings not yet enough to make my life look more miserable than it is now?
 
 
I was in my lost trance of thoughts when I suddenly caught sight of that pink box again. Out of curiosity, I opened it up and it caught me by surprise. It was filled with pictures of me and Kris, and at the back of each photo, a note was scribbled with his own handwriting, such as.....
 
 
 
               "She's got the smile only heaven can make"
 
 
               "I don't know why I always get hypnotized by her sparkling eyes"
 
 
               "I will give up my world just to make her happy"
 
 
               "She still manage to surprise me after all this time. Her little gifts never fail to make me smile"
 
 
 
 
That last phrase was written at the back of the picture where I had given him my home made cookies that I had accidentally burnt on the process of baking. I admit it, I was not that experienced in baking back then , but I've already improved. I could even bake and decorate a cake now.
 
 
And so on, sweet and loving phrases are written with the rest of the pictures. When I lifted the last photo and turn to read his note. My eyes had suddenly became teary with what I read.
 
 
               "I've never felt nervous like this before. It's like a matter of life and death to me. Dear Lord, I really hope that she'll say yes when I ask her to be my wife"
 
 
When I was about to lay it back inside the box, I noticed a small red velvet box at the center. I slowly opened it and I came face to face with the most beautiful and sparkling diamond ring I've ever seen.
 
 
The truth is, I remembered seeing that exact ring before. It was the same ring that got me attracted in one of the jewelry stores that weve shopped together in our first official trip as a couple. That trip was his first year anniversary gift for me.
 
 
Looking at all of these now brings back the sweet times we had together. I can't even helped from holding back my tears when it unconsciously start to roll down my face. It feels like it's the stream of memories I've been trying to supress at the back of my mind that is now unleashing to make me realize something.
 
 
Now, it had hit me like the strike of lightning in broad daylight for me to clearly see. It made me realized that, to make my mind to move on is easy, but the hardest part is to convince my heart to do so too. That's the exact problem, I don't think my heart would agree when it still is beating and calling out loud for Kris' love and affection until now.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Uh oh! Elaine found it out already....

And belle, aww~ no matter how she convince her self to move on, I don't think she can easily wipe away the love she have for Kris, don't you think so guys?