Comforts and Worries

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 8: Comforts and Worries

 

Chapter 8: Comforts and Worries

 

       

 

 
Today is a gloomy Saturday morning. The sky is dark and cloudy, and any minute now, the rain would treathen to fall down, cascading its drops through my window panes. I didn't have any idea that the weather would somehow reflect with the mood that is about to happen the moment I heard the doorbell ring.
 
 
Since I'm just  lazying around, reading a novel on hand, I wasted no time to run and open the door to welcome the somewhat unexpected guest. The moment I opened it, there's a mixture of surprise, sadness and pity piling up into my heart.
 
 
There I saw by the open door, my cousin Elaine. She looked rather gloomy and stressed out like I've never seen her to be before. Her eyeliner had mudged out of array with all the tears that are running down her already wet and pale face.
 
 
 
"Belle~" she cooed and immediately wrapped me in a tight embrace. "Please help me, I can't take this pain anymore"
 
 
My goodness! What just happened? What did I missed? I sacrificed my own happiness to give way to her joy in marriage, but here she is now, crying her heart out and is complaining of this unbearable pain. Shouldn't I be the one experiencing that with everything that just happened.
 
 
"Why? What's wrong, tell me about it" I tried to comfort her as I lead her into the house and closed the door.
 
 
"It's about this marriage I'm into with Kris" she finally confessed in between her sobs and sniffs. Oh no~ my instincts are always right.
 
 
"Go on, tell me, I'm listening" If there's anything I could do now, it is just to listen to her miseries. It won't be of any help if I'll add up my comments about it.
 
 
"You see, since the day were married, I never even once felt any of his effort to work it out. Everyday he'll go to office early and comes home late. Infact, he barely eats any meal with me. He never did once sleep in our room but I always find me sleeping on the sofa or in his study room. The worst, he'll always smell of alcohol"
 
 
"Had you confronted about this to him?" I curiously asked, not meaning to pry into this sensitive issue.
 
 
"I did, and that somehow worsen the situation"
 
 
"What do you mean? Did you two argue just because of it?" Damn it Kris! Why can't you be sensitive about her feelings even for a bit? She's your wife for pete's sake!
 
 
"You see, 3 days ago, he went drinking out with his friends again and he didn't went home that night. I confronted him the following morning, then he suddenly accused me of ruining his life and since that day, he never came home"
 
 
 My God! I never knew this would be this worst!
 
 
"Listen, maybe he's just stressed out with work. You should understand him more"
 
 
"Aniyo~ I don't think it's just about work"
 
 
"Wh-what do you me-mean?" I stuttered.
 
 
Oh crap! Don't tell me she already found out? But I don't think so. She wouldn't be running to me for comfort if she already knew everything. Aiissh... this issue of their's is so nerve wracking to even unfold and be solved.
 
 
"During our argument, he mentioned that he can never love me the way he had loved her, his beloved 'cotton candy princess'"
 
 
What? Cotton candy princess? Huh~ now I get it. There's no denying that he's reffering to me about that one. He used to call me that since the day we first met. That embarassing but fateful lucky day of mine. I was happily strolling at the park that day when I accidentally tered onto his face the cotton candy I was holding when I started to run away from the creepy stalker that's been following me all day long.
 
 
Gosh~ It was Kris' fault to begin with. I mean, why does he have to lay his giant long legs out on the pathway, that sure unfortunately made me tripped on them.
 
 
I swear, I was really scared to death when he flashed me his very unamused face, not to mention his intimidating towering height while lecturing me on how I should be looking were I was going to.
 
 
You see, even after all those misfits, I still feel thankful when he helped me shoo away the creepy stalker and that guy never showed up his face again.
 
 
"Not only that~" she continued on. "He also said that no one can ever take her place in his heart",  and that moment, she cried even harder.
 
 
Huh~ How can I even give her some constructive advice when I know for the fact that I'm the very reason why she is crying a bucket of tears now. Gosh~ I really feel so guilty right now.
 
 
"Ssshh... Don't worry, I'll try to help in the best way I can" I said and made a mental note to talk it over with Kris later that day.
 
 
 
 You see, I'm always true to my words. After comforting and driving her home, I made my way to my next targetted destination.
If Kris didn't come home for 3 days now, there is no other place he's going to stay but with his friends. I can definitely find him in EXO's Villa, their get away paradise.
 
 
I rang the doorbell and luckily, I didn't have to wait that long when someone immediately unlocked the door. I came face to face with Lay whosure looked mortified shocked to see my face before him.
 
 
"Oh! Belle~ you're here!" He said in total surprised. Gosh~ oppa, any more wider and your eyes will eventually fall out of its sockets. Why does he even looked so surprise to see me? It's not like I've never been here before.
 
 
 
"Annyeong Lay oppa! Is Kris around?" I asked straight ahead and that question had somehow snapped him into a panicky mode.
 
 
"You-you're looking for K-kris?" he stutters while looking up, down, left and right. Huh~ what's gotten into him? "Well, Kris is, erm.... he-he's--"
 
 
But before he could even finish what he's saying, I heard a sudden screaming sound from the second floor. That voice, it's definitely Kris. It's not any ordinary screaming that resulted from frustration, but what worries me is, there's a hint of agonizing pain from it.
 
 
I turned to look at Lay and gave him a questioning look, but he turned away, avoiding my gaze. Damn it! What's happening here? Don't they know they're seriously making me nervous through the bones with all of these?
 
 
 "Oppa! What is going on? What was that all about?"
 
 
  "A-ah.... it's no-nothing" he stuttered again in his trembling voice.
 
 
  "Nothing?!" I frustratedly asked. "But I just heard Kris screaming! I better check on him"
 
 
I was about to step on the stairs but Lay pulled me back in a tight grip on my wrist. He shook his head as if telling me that I shouldn't be doing this or I'll regret it. My God! I seriously would regret it if I wouldn't know what's mysteriously happening here.
 
 
"No! It's really nothing. Just stay here!" he firmly said. That was the first time I saw and heard him being that strict and firm.
 
 
 "But oppa~" I started to whine, and right then and there, I heard Kris scream again followed by Luhan's arguing voice.
 
 
 "Kris! What's wrong with you? If you can't bear the pain, then drink this medication right now!" I heard him say in urgency.
 
 
"Shireo! I'll never take anymore of those" came Kris' disagreeing reply.
 
 
"Damn it Kris! You don't want to take your medications and you don't want to attend to your therapy sessions too. What's to become of you then?"
 
 
"Enough! Even if I comply to those treatments, that will never change anything. I will still loose her. I can never have Belle again!"
 
 
 "Kris, we just want to help you!"
 
 
"You've done enough. Just let me handle this major depression of mine, alone"
 
 
What? Oh no Kris! He's into major depression? Why did I never heard about it? When did all this started? The boys didn't even mention anything like this. Well, Kai mentioned about pain before but it just--. Aarggh! These are all too sudden.
 
Questions came flooding into my mind and I just stood there with a blank expression on my face. Then finally, I felt Lay nudged me and started to lead me to the door.
 
 
"Belle~ I think this is not the right time for whatever it is that you came here for. Let me drive you home now" he said.
 
 
I didn't want to leave. I still wanted to stay and know more of what's going on. But then, my feet had followed him out instead and eventually find my way back to my house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

Can you just imagine Luhan and Kris arguing like that? I don't think so, Lulu oppa is too cute to be fierce....

And Lay, he's not suppose to be told any secret because he's too obvious when he starts to stutter and panic.

Poor Kris..... He's in a depression state..... or is that really all? Hmmph....