The Wedding Day!

Almost Perfect

XSYKOTICA
Almost Perfect
Almost Perfect
Chapter 1: The Wedding Day

 

Chapter 1: The Wedding Day

 

The magnificent sun shines brightly, illuminating its radiance throughout the cathedral, making the ambiance suited for this special ceremony today. 

 
Yes, today. The very day that I should be happy celebrating a romantic 2 year anniversary.
 
 
But then, that will never even happen from now on. Never again.
 
 
  
The cathedral's aisle is richly adorned with my ever favorite white lilies and red roses, emphasizing on how grandeur is the event.
 
 
The perfect combination of the white and purple motif of the entourage catches my eyes, for those colors had always been my favorite.
 
 
The soothing and sweet love song that the choir harmonizes had somewhat melodiously caused my heart to swell up, for that particular song is my all time favorite too.
 
 
All these things around seems to somehow mockingly reflect everything related to me. Painfully related to me.
 
 
 
 
I must say, everything is amazing and beautiful. Infact, everything is almost perfect.
 
 
Yeah, Almost...........except for one thing though. I'm not the bride at the altar, wearing that lacey beaded bridal gown, but she's no other than my cousin. 
 
 
 
Yes, she's the beautiful bride that's getting married.  Not me. The unfortunate me.
 
 
To whom? Well, to someone who was once My World, and undeniably, he still is until now.
 
 
I used to call him my everything. Not until 2 weeks ago, when I found out that, the two of them had been arranged for marriage by their respective parents. 
 
 
 
This is the very exact reason why I'm the one sitting here among the audience, and not the one with him infront of that altar.
 
 
Why? because apparently, he doesn't have any other choice but to let go of me and eventually shattered my poor heart into pieces.
 
 
 
Seeing him exchange vows with another girl that is not me, right infront of my presence, is like committing suicide in the most painful way.
 
 
I didn't have any other choice but to keep myself strong until the end of the reception, because believe it or not, I'm a special person among the entourage.
 
 
Why? because my beloved cousin had innocently chosen me to be her Maid of Honor.
 
 
 
Imagine the amount of pain I had to inflict into my already broken heart when I have to accept her request. All because I don't want to let her down.
 
She's my closest favorite cousin, the blood-bound sister that I never had. Don't blame her though, she's innocent of everything that's happening.
 
She doesn't even know that she's marrying the person that I once called Mine.
 
 
 "And now I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride" I heard the priest finally say, signalling the most awaited part of the ceremony.
 
 
 My heart painfully flinched when I see him slowly lifting her veil as the crowd grew noisy with cheers of anticipation.
 
I tried to close my eyes and look away, but my body betrayed me. It unknowingly and painfully betrayed me.
 
I just sat there rooted on my spot, staring at them as I fight back the tears that are threatening to flow down.
 
 
 
I was kind of surprised when he paused for a moment after lifting her veil over her head. I saw him deeply sighed and turned his head to scan the audience.
 
Right then and there, he found me among the crowd and we instantly looked into each other's eyes. He locked his gaze at me for a moment, like he's trying to memorize the features of my face.
 
Then, he decided to turn around to face his waiting bride once again, and finally, he kissed her.
 
 
 
Right that instant, the tears that I hardly fought back had uncontrollably flowed down like a waterfall. Making my vision blurry to even catch a glimpse of them.
 
I can't even believe myself that I've been so strong to endure the whole ceremony. Now, all that's left is the reception, and then afterwards, I can finally cry my heart out in solitude inside my lonely room, soaking my innocent pillows with the tears of my wounded heart.
 
 
 
 
~~
 
 
 
I never had the slightest idea that the reception is much more worse than I had expected. Perhaps my dreadful destiny had not got enough of my sufferings when it decided to meddle again with my broken heart.
 
 
I went out to the gazebo a few minutes ago, just to freshen up and cool the burning feeling inside my chest. Huh~ and much to my luck, I saw him came out from the restroom, and it just so happened that he spotted me standing there.
 
I quickly gathered up my senses to start walking away when I saw him running towards my direction. But, due to his fast and long strides and my already wobbling weak knees, he was able to easily catched up on me and grab on my wrist.
 
 
 
                          
 "Belle, wait!" he said as he turned me around to face him.
 
 
"No Yi fan. Go back inside. They might be looking for you now"
 
 
"Look, I'm really sorry~"
 
 
"Sorry? That's all you could say after all this time?" Huh~ I just have to chuckle at the irony of the situation, then I decided to change the topic. "Oh, I've heard that you're the one who personally arranged for everything in this wedding huh?"
 
 
"Well, that was because~"
 
 
"Yifan, is it still not enough that you broke my heart? Why did you have to do all those things?"
 
 
"Belle, listen~" 
 
 
I couldn't take the pain anymore. How could he be so oblivious of the fact that he caused me triple the pain now when he choose to arrange everything according to my personal preference for his wedding.
 
 
 
"How dare you!" I snapped at him as I looked at him straight in the eyes with my already wet face because of the burning tears that had escaped.
 
 
I will not control myself anymore this time. I have to let go of these pain and anger that swells up in my heart and I'll voice out my every complains at him. One by one, taking a pause to hit him on his chest right after every sentence.
 
 
 
"How dare you use my favorite flowers to adorn the cathedral's aisle!"
 
 
"How dare you use my favorite colors as your wedding motif!"
 
 
"How dare you use my favorite song as your wedding theme song!"
 
 
"How dare you use our anniversary as your wedding date!" I said, and then I slapped him hard on his face before I continued on my last sentence.
 
 
 
"And how dare you to look at me first before you kiss your wife!"
 
 
I was about to hit him again but he was fast enough to grab my hand before it even touched his precious face.  He looked at me with those same beautiful eyes that had once melted my heart away, like it's piercing holes into my very soul.
 
 
"You want to know why?" he replied back in his hoarse voice. "Why I personally arranged it to be that way? Why I have to look at you first before I kissed her?" he continued in his trembling voice.
 
I was taken aback when I saw tears coming out from his eyes, but still, he kept his gaze locked at me. He gulped as he caressed my left cheek with his warm hand. There was a moment of silence before he choose to speak again. 
 
 
 
"Why? Simply because that's the one last time I can pretend that atleast you're my wife!"