KAI

Superman

4 days later.

"I know nothing about you, yet you know everything about me. Where's the fairness in that?" Luhan groaned, rolling over in his bed to stare at the man that was lounging on his room floor with a feline pose, like it was the most comfortable place on earth. 

Chen chuckled, his body rocking slightly, and he sat up, cross legged, facing Luhan squarely.

"What do you want to know?"

"Uh..." Luhan wasn't 100% sure, either. "What are you?"

"Me?" Chen didn't even bat an eyelash at the weird question. He must've been expecting it. "I'm a being from your parallel universe. And I am your protector. At least for six months."

"So... You're like my Superman or something?" Luhan eyes Chen curiously.

Chen part-scoffed, part-laughed. "I guess you can call me that if you want."

"How do you do weird stuff like change your eye colour and zoom about and... Disappear? Oh and that weird sizzling thing."

Chen furrowed his brow. "Well, I've been doing that all my life... It's like me asking you, how do you talk?"

"Talk?" Luhan pouted and began to think of ways to actually explain how people did that, and Chen snapped his fingers at his face with an amused laugh.

"I was joking, honestly, don't kill your brain cells over something like that." He leaned back on his palms. "It's abit like... Knowing your body. Half of my powers are reflex powers, meaning they act on its own when the right time hits. It's abit like pulling away when you touch a hot plate."

Luhan hummed in response, and propped his chin up with his hands.

"And the others are more like... Umm, there is a certain feeling that envelopes you when you want them to happen. A bit like making yourself sad on purpose."

Luhan's eyes widened. That sounded really awesome.

"Could you write them down for me? The powers you have." (Link to Chen's powers here)

"Sure." Chen shrugged with a smile. "As for my eyes..-."

"They are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

Luhan suddenly realised what he said, and he quickly clamped a hand over his mouth. Oops.

"C-continue, ch-Chen!" 

Chen let our a low throaty chuckle. "It's okay, I get that a lot."

Luhan lowered his hand. "You mean not everyone is like that?"

"Nope, everyone has a different post-power side effect. Mine happens to be greyish metallic eyes."

Luhan sighed in admiration. "It's cool to have powers..." Then he sat up and peered eagerly at Chen. "Show me!!"

"Show you what." Chen scoffed, averting his eyes.

"Your power!"

"I... I don't do them openly, not without reason."

Luhan scowled, upset that Chen wasn't reacting the way he expected him to. "It's just me, I really want to see, please?" He tries a pitiful puppy look, but Chen continued to look away.

Luhan didn't know why, but he snapped. "Come on, you need a reason? Fine!"

He stormed out of the room, went into the kitchen and grabbed a ceramic plate, hurling it to the floor, watching as it shattered into dozens of tiny fragments. Then, ignoring the lump in his throat, he ran out of the house.

When the lift arrived, Luhan dove in, huffing for breath.

Oh crap, why did I do that?!

Luhan blinked and rubbed his eyes. He had been stupid and foolish, he yelled at Chen for no reason, and smashed a plate. 

I'm so childish, for God's sake. Why am I behaving like that?

He covered his face with his hands, and then looked down, realising he was still barefoot.

And there was a large cut on his toe where he had accidentally stepped on a fragment while running out.

Luhan wanted to cry. Not from the pain from the toe. Not from embarrassment from his babyish outburst.

But from the fact that he had offended his kind-hearted, warm and mysterious protector, Chen.

***


Luhan found himself sitting outside his apartment building with nowhere else to go. No way I'm going back in, he thought, absently shuffling his feet on the ground and wincing as the cut on his toe drew blood for the third time.

It has been two hours already. It was now close to midnight, and Luhan should have just gone to sleep instead of fighting with Chen. Luhan sighed and buried his head in his hands.

Then, he heard a voice.

"Luhan?" It was unfamiliar, dangerously soft but extremely y and alluring. Luhan glanced up to identify the owner of the voice, and his heart skipped a beat.

Standing in front of him was an extremely good looking, breath-takingly handsome, and hopelessly y man. He was wearing a skin-tight tee that showed off all his muscles, low cut jeans that dipped below his navel, and flip flops.

Overall casual, relaxed but incredibly jaw dropping.

"My name is Kai. Nice to meet you, Luhan." He stretched out a hand with a lazy smile.

"You... H-how do you know m-my name?"

Kai didn't reply, he just smiled and nudged his hand forward. Luhan swallowed and took it, Kai's long fingers wrapping around his a little too intimately.

"Uh, I gotta go now Kai, nice meeting you." This Kai was making Luhan feel a little jittery, and maybe... Nervous?

Kai shot him a slow sensual smirk that had Luhan's hair standing. Too y, too y I might not able to handle this!! 

"Uh, byeseeyouagainsoon." Luhan quickly unwrapped his fingers from the man and turned to stumble his way back to the apartment. He didn't care about the awkward situation that he was in with Chen. He just wanted to get his back home before he could think any more wrong things about that freaking y guy.

As Luhan staggered back to the apartment, splashed his dirty feet with some water from the kitchen tap (hissing as he did), and crashing onto his bed straight after that, Luhan didn't notice two things.

The plate he practically destroyed was sitting on the kitchen counter in one full piece, pretty and untouched, as if it had never gotten its dainty body bruised once in its life.

And, Chen wasn't around anywhere in the apartment.

 

***


Something isn't right. Nope, not at all. 

Chen watched from behind a pillar, at Luhan conversing with a strange man.

After sighing languidly and fixing the plate with Item Restore, Chen had sat on the floor of the living room just thinking. And waiting for Luhan's return. 

And then there was this ache in his head and a feeling of bitterness in his throat. He immediately sprinted down the stairs.

Nope, nope, that guy is up to no good.

Good, Luhan knows better than to stick with him. Run, deer, run!!

Anyway, I'd better confront him.

Chen pried himself from his hiding spot as the man turned to head down the dark street.

"Wait."

The man didn't need a second prompt, and he turned immediately.

Chen's eyes darkened. "Kai?"

Kai smirked. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Kai..."

 

 

***


Luhan awoke the next day, stretching sleepily. 

Oh? The pain in his feet is gone!

He looked under his blanket to find a very smooth un-scratched-up foot, and he gaped.

Chen...?

He flung off the blankets, suddenly remembering that he did not see the man before he fell asleep last night. To his relief, he heard soft humming from the kitchen and a delicious aroma of eggs wafted into his nostrils.

Luhan padded softly into the kitchen, his stomach flipping upside down, and not from hunger. Chen heard the sound, and he turned his head slightly. His hazel eyes were not as clear as it usually was, and there was a hardness in his face that wasn't there before.

Luhan sighed guiltily. "Good morning Chen, and I'm sorry."

"What for?" Chen's voice had a hint of surprise.

"For throwing a tantrum and wrecking things..." He trailed off as he stared at the plate on the table. The full, uncracked plate. "... Whoa."

"I mean it when I say I don't use my powers casually. I'm trying to hold them back, in case someone sees by accident. Please, don't do that again." There was a slight edge in his voice, and he seemed a little distant.

Luhan nodded, chewing his lip. "Okay... And thanks for the healed foot." He wriggled his toe, glad that it didn't hurt and there wasn't even a scar.

"It's okay."

There is something bothering Chen. I'm sure of that. And it's bad. He doesn't even bother hiding his frown.

 

 

***


"Kai..." Chen struggled to keep his mind from spinning. What was Kai doing in this universe?

The man chuckled, strolling up to Chen and grabbing his chin not-so-softly. 

"Oh babe..."

Chen felt his chest constrict and his heart started to pound. 

"Stop that. Now." He watched as Kai's body changed, it grew buffer, expanding and filling his tight shirt even more to the point there were sickening, thread-tearing sounds. 

Kai just smirked. "Let it burst if it does. I'm fine with it." He nuzzled Chen's neck, and Chen shuddered, leaning into the touch as it left tingles down his skin.

He hated himself. He hated this feeling Kai made him feel. He hated Kai's power. Heated seduction, to make anyone fall for him almost instantly.

Chen himself was a powerful being, so he was able to resist Kai. Pushing the buffed-up boy away, he cleared his throat and averted the heavy gaze the boy was giving him.

Kai, the one he fell in love with years ago. Kai, the one he asked out, believing he was the one. Kai, the one he lost his ity with. Kai, the one who broke his heart.

He knew Kai was mocking him, making him feel the way he did now. Kai could do that to anyone he wanted, he could have anyone he wanted with his power. Freaking annoying power.

Chen was able to resist Kai easily, he knew deep inside that he could. But sometimes, it just felt so good, it just felt like back then, when they were in love. 

Chen hated Kai.

Kai never loved him, the way he did.

"Stay away from Luhan. I swear you'll never see daylight again if you try to hurt him."

Chen quickly walked away and ignored the painful feeling that stabbed at his heart.

The rumbling laugh elicited from Kai proved that he wasn't exactly going to follow his warning. Kai wasn't that sort.

, this is not good.

 

 

***


Luhan walked towards the department store with Chen, in utter silence. 

"Chen..." He put an arm around Chen's waist. 

Maybe some skinship might help Chen to open up, Luhan thought. He ignored the strange buzzing feeling when he slipped his arm around the smaller man's body. He's a good friend to me, that's all.

"Luhan, not now. Please." Chen's face was strained and it looked drawn, almost haggard. 

Luhan looked down and nodded. He knew better than to throw another tantrum. This isn't the right time.

"Oh! Luhan?" A chirpy voice made Luhan look up in surprise. Standing in front of him was Chanyeol and Baekhyun, holding hands, with baffled and very alarmed expressions on their faces.

"Since when did you-"

"Baekhyun!! Long time no see!!" Luhan seized the opportunity to let go of Chen and pounce on his good friend happily. Baekhyun gave him a half hearted glomp, and focused back on the man standing across from them, looking troubled.

"Who's that?" Chanyeol asked first, turning to Luhan and breaking the slightly awkward silence that followed.

"Oh, uh..." Luhan stammered, unsure of who to introduce Chen as.

"Your boyfriend?!" Baekhyun piped with great interest, staring at Luhan as well.

"Oh, that, uh..." No way could he lie to his friends, they knew him all his life.

"I'm an old family friend."

Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Luhan turned abruptly to look at Chen, who was smiling at them weakly. 

Luhan bobbed his head. "Yeah yeah!! My late dad's friend's son, his name is Chen!" 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun still looked dubious. Oh... The skinship.

"Well you see, he's not well today." Cue cough, cue sniffle. Chen did all of it with timed perfection. "So I'm taking him to the doctor."

"But... Shift is starting..." Chanyeol began.

"Yeah!!" This is getting worse and worse. "Um, I'm just sending him there. I mean, he's sending me here. I mean, I'm going as far as I can without being late-"

"It's okay Luhan, just go in." Chen straightened his shoulders and walked away slowly and thankfully in the direction of the clinic. 

Luhan gazed at Chen with a worried look, as Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol goodbye and went off. 

Ordinarily, he would've faked a worried look for his 'sick' friend.

But the look on Luhan's face that moment was real through and through. He was really concerned about his friend.

What's wrong? This definitely can't be about my outburst that night. 

This was something else way more serious.

 

 

***


That evening after work, Luhan stepped out of the department store. And it was empty.

Strange, Luhan thought. Chen would usually be here. Where is he?

Suddenly he felt a soft tap on his shoulder, and he turned with smile. "Yah who say you could be late hu-"

Luhan's words faded off when he realised the person wasn't Chen. In fact, it was someone that brought giant butterflies to his stomach and a thick knot to his throat.

"You waiting for someone?" Kai shot him a lazy smile and handed him a steamy hot cup of coffee.

"Uh... I'm actually umm..." 

"Good. I was thinking if you like to go out with me, Luhan?"

Go out?? Luhan's head started to spin again. This incredibly good looking man wants to go out with me?!

"Uhh... Well actually I..."

"You can't make it today?" Kai furrowed a brow, looking visibly upset.

"W-well..." Luhan really wanted to kick himself for stuttering so badly. But he wasn't prepared for the sudden kick he felt in his backside.

"Ouch geeeeeez!!"

He didn't have to turn around to see, to know who it was. Chen gripped his shoulder hard with tremendous force and grinned at Kai with forced nonchalance.

"Sorry dude, this guy has to go somewhere with me." 

Kai backed away, shaking his head and laughing. "Possessive boyfriend huh. Sure sure, I'm off."

He shot a sultry look at Luhan, who gulped not-so-softly, before turning back and strolling off casually. 

Luhan turned to look at Chen, who was staring at Kai as he walked off. His expression almost looked...pained?

He opened his mouth to speak, but Chen cut him off. "Don't go out with that guy. He's not good company."

With that said, Chen dragged Luhan off towards the apartment, abruptly ending the conversation. 

Definitely something is up between Kai and Chen. The look on Chen's face... It's almost as if he knew Kai. But how is that possible? Chen isn't from this universe.

Luhan squeezed his eyes shut and willed himself not to think too much, as he allowed Chen to lead him back home.

 



A/N: Kai is evil, yes im sorry >_< haha

So here's a summary of Kai and Chen:
Back in the other universe, Kai and Chen were once romantically involved.
Chen fell in love with Kai and asked him out, Kai didn't agree but made love with him.
Then Chen realised Kai's power was Heated Seduction and yes, Kai was just flirting.
So technically Kai was just playing with him and didn't really love him.
Chen was deeply scarred because he believed that Kai was the one.
Kai had dismissed his feelings and said he already had found a special other.
It has not been revealed who it was yet, though. 
Chen does not know who it is, either, because when they broke up, it was a clean breakup without anymore contact from the other.

 

 

 

Randomness spot: 

cr: tumblr

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY FEELS ASDFGHJKL

Sweetest hug ever :') Chen's smile is so sunshiny asdfghjkl

I guess this gif can make up for the ChenKai angst hopefully? haha

Chen wearing eyeliner is a sin. That should be prohibited OMG *cries*

 

cr: tumblr

The head grab HAHA like "Hey shorty" LOL. And shy Kris. And Chen trying not to cry :'(

CONGRATS TO EXO WINNING MAMA!! Sorry this congratulation came a little late haha.

Saranghae EXO <3

cr: tumblr

And y Kai, for the sake of this fic. OMG imagine Kai doing that to Luhan hahahaha