Showdown

Superman

Min and Jung won did not come in the next day, the next, and the next.

Luhan was half glad because that meant Chen wouldn't be tortured to his grave yet again. But it was worrying because they didn't have food anymore and Luhan was getting considerably hungry. Chen didn't mind, since he rarely got hungry. But Luhan was human, and not eating for three days took a toll on his body.

He was shivering and hungry and weak. Chen would hug him for warmth, and occasionally try to kiss him, and when Luhan pushed him away weakly, he clicked his tongue in frustration. "There's my saliva you idiot!! Drink it or you have nothing!!"

Finally on the fourth day, Jung won and Min came back. They weren't particularly in good moods, and Luhan feared that they might take it out on them.

Sure enough, they did.


"Come here, Chen!" Min barked, and Chen started towards the man. 

Luhan grabbed his arm. "Wait."

"What do you mean, wait?" Min's voice was low and dangerous.

"We... We agree to help you."

"Hmm?" Min looked surprised.

Chen spun around and glared daggers at Luhan, but he ignored him. "We'll help you."

"Oh?" Jung won came forward and grabbed Chen's collar roughly. "This guy doesn't seem like he's ready?" His eyes glinted evilly, and he raised a hand, directing a hand gesture towards Min.

All at once Chen collapsed to the ground, writhing in immense pain. Luhan backed away in shock - although he knew Chen had been tortured many times like this, he had never seen it happen with his own eyes. Min always took him outside.

And it hurts so bad. His heart hurt so bad. 

"Stop it!!!!" Luhan shrieked, getting to his feet and running towards Chen. Jung won swiped him across the stomach and he fell back down, groaning.

"Let's keep at it until he agrees, shall we?" Min announced, as Chen clutched his head, his mouth open in a silent scream.

"No, he agrees, he agrees!!!" Luhan gasped.

Min released the power on Chen, and he slumped down, exhausted. Min’s eyes scanned Luhan up and down with newfound interest.

"You don’t know that Chen made me promise not to hurt you or use my powers on you, do you? But… I'm kind of a sadist and I want to hear you scream..."

What?! Chen said not to hurt him? Had Chen been taking the brunt of my torture as well?!

Luhan found himself backed to the wall, and Min stood over him with a twisted grin.

"No..." He heard Chen whimper.

Suddenly Luhan's vision turned white, and there were hundreds of sharp points, like pointed cat claws, digging straight into his nerves. He yelped out in shock. The claws attacked his brain, his spinal cord, his limbs, his torso.

The world spun crazily and Luhan couldn't breathe. He felt his fingers scraping the ground uselessly.

This didn't even feel like pain. It felt like death.

Luhan couldn't even scream.

                                                                                    ***


Chanyeol opened the door once again to the cute doe-eyed boy, now sweating madly and panting wildly.

"You've... Gotta come... With me... Now..." He managed between gasps of breath.

Baekhyun hurried over to the boy and clutched his shoulders. "What's wrong?!"

"Luhan... Chen... Trouble..."

Chanyeol's eyes widened, and he exchanged a glance with Baekhyun. With wasting a moment, they stepped out of the house and followed the boy anxiously.

"What's happening?" Baekhyun asked worriedly.

"There are in trouble..." The boy answered, catching his breath while the lift descended. "I could've went earlier but I needed the protection. So I searched my house and finally found it."

"Protection...?" Chanyeol echoed.

The boy nodded his head. "We're dealing with immensely powerful forces here. As human beings, we don't even stand a chance."

"What protection did you get?" Baekhyun eyes him worriedly.

The boy smiled. "Don't worry, you won't get hurt. I'll tell you what to do later." He leaned in and whispered. "Please, don't do anything I don't tell you to. You can get killed."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun nodded, wide-eyed and speechless. The lift opened. "Come on."

                                                                                    ***


Chen scrambled wildly to his feet. "I THOUGHT YOU PROMISED NOT TO TOUCH LUHAN?!"

Min turned away and lifted the power. Luhan flailed his arms about, seemingly trying to grab something. He ended up grabbing Min's leg, but Min kicked his arm off roughly. 

Chen advanced towards him angrily. "You swore you wouldn't! Luhan wouldn't be able to take it!! He'd go mad!!"

Min raised an eyebrow. "You aren't mad yet."

Chen grabbed him and pulled him away from Luhan, using every ounce of his strength. "I'm different!! I'm a being!!"

"A worthless one, to be honest." Jung won muttered from the corner of the room.

Min grinned at his partner, and then turned back to Chen. "So... You willing to help us now?"

"Yes..." Luhan murmured softly, his cheek against the floor.

Chen hesitated. If he said yes, he would have to betray his own universe, betray HUMP, and betray Chief. But if he said no, they would probably torture him, then Luhan, to death.

Luhan can't die. 

Chen squeezed his eyes shut and opened his mouth to give his answer when...

 



"NO!!" The warehouse door flew open and someone barged in.

Min and Jung won turned to stare in shock.

"You..." Jung won pointed a shaky finger at the intruder as he walked towards him. "SHORTY PUNK!! HOW DID YOU GET IN?!?!?!"

It was a boy, probably a teenager, young and innocent. He had large owlish eyes, roundish cheeks and heart shaped lips.

The boy turned and shot a curious look at Min.

"Hello father." He greeted with a knowing smile.

Chen gasped when he heard the voice. It was the hooded figure that had warned him to stay away. And did he just call Min his father?!

Min shook himself free of Chen's grasp and walked towards the boy. Chen quickly hurried over to Luhan and enveloped the delusional boy in his arms.

The boy walked right past the two men and headed straight to Luhan and Chen. Min and Jung won simply stared at him, frozen to the spot in shock. When he was right in front of them, he squatted down. The look on his face was gentle and kind, and Chen felt Luhan relax slightly in his hold.

"My name is Do Kyungsoo."

Do MinJeok's son. Now that made sense.

"I couldn't reveal my identity earlier, because I was afraid you wouldn't listen to me if you knew who I was. But don't worry, I'm not like those two. I'm not like my father or your father, either." Kyungsoo smiled at Luhan, and he returned what was meant to be a smile but ended up like a wince.

"You're safe now." He reached over and Luhan's hair, "I won't let them get you."


Min and Jung won shook themselves out of their stupor and started towards Kyungsoo. He immediately turned around his shielded them with his body.

"Well you haven't told me how you managed to pass through that barrier, shorty punk!!" Jung won yelled at him.

Kyungsoo grinned. "You know, you guys are really quite naive and stupid."

Jung won snarled and raised a fist, and Min held him down. "Continue, boy."

"Do MinJeok, my father, is an extremely clever man. He’s very much like you, Min, his doppelgänger. Much as I hate him, I can't possibly deny that fact."

Jung won's mouth twitched.

"You never thought about what MinJeok could have been doing behind your back, Jung won?"

"What do you mean?!" Jung won roared.

"MinJeok... He planned to betray you too."

Jung won fell back to the floor in shock. "WHAT RUBBISH?!"

Kyungsoo held his hand up with a triumphant smile. Sitting on one of his fingers was a small gold ring. At first sight, it seemed like a normal ring. But at a closer look, it had a soft purple-greyish glow emanating from it.

"This is a Banisher ring. With this ring, I am immune to any powers that are cast upon me. I can control beings, any way I want. I want send them here, send them away, kill them, manipulate them..."

Min's eyes widened. "That ring..."

Kyungsoo smirked. "Yeah, MinJeok left it for me. I never knew how he obtained it, but it obviously belonged to someone very very powerful."

Jung won was shivering in shock and disbelief. "He w-wanted to b-betray me...?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "He was going to kill you, Jung won, after he killed Luhan's father. But he was chased down by the police, so he left this ring with me." He sighed and shook his head. "My dad believed that I will grow up to be fame-hungry like him. But he was wrong..."

Jung won glared at him with a pained expression. He pulled himself slowly to his feet. 

"Fifteen years, shorty punk. Fifteen. I have been working, slaving away for fifteen years. Finally I have perfected this skill. And now you want to DESTROY all my efforts?!"

Jung won lunged for the ring, and Kyungsoo quickly dodged, his small body agile and swift. Kyungsoo aimed the ring towards Min as he ran away from Jung won.

"You have done enough here, Min. Caused enough trouble. You have to die."

With a fierce , Kyungsoo outstretched his arm in Min's direction. The glow on the ring pulsed and ebbed, rapidly expanding to outline the whole of Kyungsoo's hand. Min shrieked and tried to escape, but the fierce light shot out at lightning speed towards him.

There was a sickening crushing sound, and a blinding burst of light filled the room, hitting the roof of the warehouse and erupting into a shower of blazing fiery pieces. Chen pulled Luhan behind him quickly and shielded him from the bright hot sparks that scattered about the warehouse. A couple of them fell on him, and he hissed in pain.

 


In the distance, he heard Jung won scream in fright.
 


                                                                                    ***


The smoke gradually disappeared, and the spot where Min once stood was now a charred black lump of clothing.

Min is gone. Min is dead. Chen sighed with relief and hugged Luhan tightly, ignoring the blazing bits of fire burning into his skin.

Jung won gasped in shock. He was showered with burning fragments as well, and was frantically swiping the sparks off his body. Kyungsoo, having run to the far end of the warehouse by then, was spared.

Kyungsoo leaned against the wall, panting. "Come in!!" He yelled. 

Moments later, Chanyeol and Baekhyun dashed into the warehouse. Their eyes fell on Chen, Luhan, Jung won and the charred lump, and they began to shiver.

"Baekhyun, call the police and the ambulance. Chanyeol, help me restrain Jung won."

Chen watched as his friends quickly obeyed. Kyungsoo hurried over to Chen, and brushed off the burning sparks from his body.

"Do you not feel any pain?" He scrunched his nose at Chen's huge painful-looking burns. Chen shrugged and sighed.

"I've become immune to it."

"You're foolish, you know that?" Kyungsoo brushed a hand over Chen's forehead gently, pushing away his messy locks. His words were harsh but his gaze was soft and full of admiration. "I warned you. Now look what happened."

Chen bit his lip. "I... Couldn't abandon Luhan. I'm sorry, but I really couldn't."

Luhan whimpered and his fists bunched against Chen's shirt. "Don't go..."

                                                                                    ***


The sound of police cars and ambulance rang in his head, loud and clear. 

Luhan couldn't think straight after the intense burst of pain that Min had shot him with. He knew, though, that Min was destroyed and Chen was with him. 

No... Chen is pulling away... Wait!!

Chen!! Don't go away, no!!

Chennnnnnn!!!!

Luhan screamed in protest when he felt Chen removing his arms from him. He felt Chen's soft lips to his ear.

"Luhan, don't worry you're safe, I got to go, I can't let the police find me."

Then the warmth was gone, and Luhan found himself cold and alone, lying on the ground.

There was Kyungsoo and Baekhyun hugging him. There was Chanyeol pushing his hair from his forehead. Then there was the police comforting him. Then there was the paramedics hauling him onto a stretcher and holding his hands to reassure him.

But through it all, Luhan couldn't help but feel cold and empty. and he couldn't stop screaming Chen's name.

Chennnnnnnn come back!!!!!!! 

                                                                                    ***


Chen climbed out of the warehouse window shakily, landing on the ground with a thump. Every single part of his body was hurting badly and screaming for mercy. But he needed to run, run as far away as he could.

The police can't find him. The police can't know about him.

Chen was a being, he didn't belong here. He didn't have an identity card or a passport or anything that could justify his identity. If the police found him, he would be in trouble.

He stumbled along the bushes, crying out as the vines and branches brushed the open sores on his skin. Finally he reached the main road, and he collapsed in an alley, curling up against the wall and cringing in pain.


There were warm arms pulling him up. Someone cradled him close to his chest, and started walking towards a car.

Chen blinked up at the stranger. He had a kind face, soft features and light brown hair. The man looked down at Chen watching him, and he smiled warmly, a dimple grazing his cheek.

"Don't worry, I'll help you. Kyungsoo sent me. My name is Yixing."

 

 

 

A/N: YAY. Omg. Haha :D it hasn't ended yet though so stay tune~~

(Thumbs up to those who guessed Kyungsoo haha xD)

 

 

MY RANDOMNESS SPOT:

I found SHOWTIME Ep 5 asdfghjkl don't know how long it'll be around though so WATCH WHILE YOU CAN!!!

*goes to watch after posting this*

Edit: Go see my blog post about it!! (+my comments haha)

 

 

cr: my gif :)

CAN I JUST. T_T Don't ever let EXO offer their hand in marriage onscreen like that AGAIN PLS. NO.

(Chanyeol's was so so awkward with the laughing and the blinks,

Xiumin's was actually pretty good but he's too squishy AHH,

Chen's was just ROFL because the ARM RUBBING is just LOL!! But it was pretty cute and shy ^_^)