SEHUN

Superman

 

 

Luhan's eyes fluttered open when he felt a hand his cheek.

"Happy New Year," Chen whispered, with a small smile.

The tone of voice that he used made him sound like he could be saying "I love you" or "you're gorgeous" but he was just saying a greeting and that ruined the moment. According to Luhan, of course.

"It's the 1st already?" Luhan sat up groggily, as Chen slipped his hand behind his back to help him sit up. 

"Yeah." Chen handed him a glass of water, which he accepted with a smile. "The doctor says you can remove the brace today. The whiplash injury seems to be better, he said. But you still have to be careful, you hear me?"

Luhan nodded obediently, and winced. Chen sighed. "You're not hearing me."

"I didn't mean it!!" Luhan waved his hand, flustered, and Chen captured it with his own. 

"Okay Mr Overdramatic, i believe you, now keep still while I go get the nurse." He laughed and pinched Luhan's nose playfully, getting up to leave the room.

As Chen slid the ward door close, Luhan couldn't help but think about the mysterious guy Chen addressed as Tao. What did Tao want from them, and why did he want to hurt Chen.

Whatever it is, I don't like him very much, Luhan mused. I'm here because of him. And something told him that that won't be the last time he would see that guy...

                                                                                    ***


Chen was heading over to the hospital the next day, going to pick Luhan up, as he was just discharged. He had popped back to the apartment to grab some clothes (because honestly, he hasn't really stepped out of the hospital, and of Luhan's ward, to be precise, for a long long time), and was walking back to the hospital when he heard a soft crying sound.

Hmm?

He backtracked a little and stopped in front of a cafe, where a little boy was wailing his heart out, looking extremely lost and scared out of his wits.

He looked familiar too. Chen scoured his brain for an answer to who this little boy was, and then he remembered. Hungry... Chicken sausage bun... Smiling boy... Lisp.... Kind soul.

It was the little boy who offered him food when he was desperately hungry due to nine days of not eating. And here he was, crying like a lost baby lamb. 

I have to pick Luhan up, Chen thought, but I can't just walk away from this boy who has helped me once before.

"Hey, little boy, don't cry!!" Chen went over and knelt down in front of the boy. He stopped crying to stare at Chen, and slowly, recognition flickered in his swollen eyes.

"It'th you the hungwy man!" He exclaimed, forgetting the whole lost-crying situation for a while.

Chen laughed, and ruffled his hair. "Yep it's me!" And the boy laughed along. "Are you thill hungwy, man?" 

Chen pressed his lips together. To be honest he hadn't eaten since... The day Luhan got admitted? No, Chanyeol popped by on New Year's Eve with some food, so it has been 2 days. 

"I'm not hungry." Then he added, "my name is Chen. What's yours?"

"Chen? Chenchen?" He grinned, and Chen wanted to groan and chuckle at the same time.

"My name is Oh Thehun!"

"Thehun?"

"Thehun!! Thehun Thehun Thehun!"

"You mean Sehun, don't you?"

"Yeth."

"Okay so now I'll help you find your parents, okay?"

Sehun nodded, now absolutely comfortable with his new friend, slipping his little hand into Chen's larger one. "You'll find my mama for me?"

"I'll try my best." Chen straightened and observed the street for a couple of seconds to see if the boy's mother was anywhere near.


Suddenly there was a sharp sensation in his chest, and he gasped, looking down at Sehun in shock. It wasn't the pain he felt when Luhan was in trouble, so that meant...

Sehun looked up at Chen, and his eyes widened. "Ohhh wow that'th pretty eyeth!!"

Chen felt his throat run dry. And just a split second later he found himself collapsing to the ground in a dead faint.

                                                                                    ***


Where is Chen?

Luhan paced the room, growing increasingly worried. He should've been here 20 minutes ago. And Chen never is late for anything.

He sat on the bed, then stood up, then sat down again, chewing on his knuckles anxiously.

The door was abruptly yanked open, and Luhan's eyes lit up in happiness...

...until he realised the person at the door wasn't Chen, and it was in fact the last person he ever wanted to see in his entire life. (Maybe not the last, but the last few.)

"Chen isn't coming", Tao dead panned.

"What do you mean?" Luhan stood shakily, eyeing the tall man warily.

"I said, he isn't coming. He has returned to our universe."

Our universe? So Tao was a being as well? Then it made sense that Chen knew him.

Wait. RETURNED?!

Luhan felt the air knocked out of him and he fell back onto the bed in shock, ignoring the dull ache in his neck as it hit the mattress not-so-softly.

"You're lying," he murmured, "he hasn't gone back."

Tao went over to the bed, and leaned down, a smirk playing on his lips.

"I tell you he is gone. You can forget about him now."

Luhan sat up and grasped Tao's collar roughly, his eyes blazing with fury. "Give him back!! Send him back now!!!"

Tao shrugged out of Luhan's hold easily, the smirk expanding into a full grin.

"Nothing I can do about it, my dear. After all, it's your loss for getting too attached. Chen is here on a vacation, in a way. He's not here to stay. He can't stay."

And with that, Tao whispered scornfully, "don't wait for him anymore," and he left the room with a disdainful huff.

Luhan hung his head down and felt tears trickle down his cheeks. 

No... This can't be true... Chen can't just leave me like this...

                                                                                    ***


"... And 8 hours is up."

Chen sat up suddenly, one side of his body aching as he pressed a hand to his temple, wincing. He found himself inside a stuffy van, newspapers strewn on the dirty floor. 

"You're awake. My timing predictions are sooooo accurate."

Chen's eyes flew up to glare at the speaker, and it was a dark-haired short man with a perfect forehead, pointed ears, chocolate eyes and a mouth curled into a subtle smile. He was scarily attractive, and Chen found himself lost in the sea of chocolate.

Wait. Not attractive, Chen tried to reason as he flailed about in those eyes. There is something stronger than attraction in this.

"Hypnotise Mind." The man smirked, and Chen gasped in realisation. This man is trying to hypnotise me. The man's ears reverted back to normal in a blink of an eye.

Chen looked away immediately, and his eyes came to settle on a small figure lying beside him.

Oh Sehun!!

Chen whipped around to grab the man's coat roughly. "Why must you grab the boy as well?! He's innocent!!"

The man shrugged. "Not that I wanted to. It's you that I want, but this brat kept screaming and yelling so I had no choice but to use Knock Out on him as well."

Knock Out? He had heard of that power before, the power of knocking someone out instantly without actually harming the person physically.

"Suho here." The man stuck out a hand, and Chen accepted it, squeezing it exceptionally hard with his Brute Strength, causing the man to turn purple and gasp in pain. Well, serves him right anyway.

"You... Don't mess around with me!!" He huffed in Chen's face, with a large scowl.

Chen closed his eyes and sighed. "What do you want from me? You don't have to kidnap me if you want something from me, you could've just approached me. Besides..." Chen peeked an eye open to see Suho watching him, "you know very well that I can escape very easily."

Suho raised an eyebrow. Before he could open his mouth to say anything, there was a huge yawn, and Sehun sat up, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Chenchen I'm hungwy..." Sehun tugged at the end of Chen's shirt impatiently, seemingly oblivious to the current situation.

"Chenchen will get you food, okay?" Chen hugged the boy and tickled his back of his neck, causing him to squeal with laughter.

Suho frowned and poked Chen in the ribs to get his attention. 

"Stop all that fatherly bonding, please."

Chen turned to him with a grin. "You jealous? Besides, Sehun is not my kid."

"I wan my mama." Sehun retorted in a loud voice. "And I wan food."

Suho slapped his head in annoyance, and Chen shrugged. "You brought him along too, so you don't have a choice but to get him what he wants."

"Food it is, then." Suho got up to leave.

"And his mama."

"Don't be ridiculous, I don't know who his mama is." Suho scoffed.

"By the way you haven't told me what you want me for." Chen folded his arms and stared at Suho with a serious expression. Sehun grinned and followed suit.

Suho waved him off. "You'll know soon enough. Don't try to escape though, I'll just catch you back again. You know what I'm capable of, Chen? I can hypnotise the life out of you."

Suho smirked and left the van, sliding the door shut. Chen sighed heavily and leaned on the door. Suddenly something in his mind zinged. Hypnotise?

Wait a minute.

Wasn't Tao possessed? Could he have been hypnotised by Suho as well?

Sehun tugged at his shirt again. "Let's play monster!!" 

Chen looked down at the boy with amusement. Well, at least it won't be so boring here, he thought.

                                                                                    ***


"Suho!! Come here..."

"What?"

"Have you captured Chen yet?"

"Yes... I have... And his son was with him so I grabbed him too."

"Since when did Chen have a son?"

"Beats me. Anyway, what is it?"

"I have got a better idea. Keep the Tao plan in place, but I want you to help me do something else."

"Do... What?"

"Chen. You've got him. Haven't you? So why not work your magic on him too."

"What do you mean....?"

"Turn him against Luhan."

                                                                                    ***


Chen is gone... He's gone...

Luhan laid on his bed, his eyes cloudy with tears, his mind swimming with fear and uncertainty.

No he can't be gone... He's supposed to be with me to protect me... Six months isn't up yet...

It's not right... The way he disappeared was not normal... He didn't even say goodbye!!

I know it, they must have taken him.

Tao. It's Tao.

But how do I get him back?

                                                                                    ***


Chen watched as Sehun devoured his Happy Meal with a big messy grin. "Thehun liketh french frieth and burger!"

He turned to Suho, his expression hard. "Let him go."

Suho crouched beside him, fiddling with the Happy Meal toy which was an alien with a revolving head. "But he wouldn't leave you, would he?"

Chen sighed and shook his head. "But I can make him forget me."

Suho raised an eyebrow in interest. "Oh, you have Erase Memory? That's useful."

"So will you let him go if I use that on him?"

"Sure." Suho shrugged. "But you'd want to do that in the morning, because no way I'm going to dump this boy on the dark streets. He'd probably just follow me back again."

Chen nodded, and his shoulders slumped. I didn't pick Luhan up... He must've been so worried...

"So what do you want with me?"

Suho didn't answer immediately. He kept twisting that damn alien head round and round.

"You'll find out tomorrow."

"Geez stop with that 'finding out later' crap!!" Chen knocked the alien monster away from Suho's hand, and Sehun crawled over to it, laying his claim on the toy.

Suho just rolled his eyes. "Good things come to patient people, Chen..."

I hardly see this as good, Chen thought.

"Well..." Suho patted Chen on the head like a kid, and he got off the van. "Sleep well, see you tomorrow." The door slammed shut, and the van swayed a little.

Sehun was done with his meal and he curled up beside Chen. "I need to wee-wee..."

Chen groaned, and picked up Sehun's now-empty packet of milk. "Do it in here."

Sehun obeyed, and then he carefully put the milk packet at a corner of the van, crawling back to Chen afterwards.

"I'm thleepy."

Chen pulled the little boy on his lap and wrapped his arms around him. "Go sleep, then."

"Mama..." He murmured, before dozing off into a slumber.

Chen sat in the darkness for a long while, just thinking. I need to find a way to reach out to Luhan. To tell him that I'm fine. To tell him that I'll be coming back soon. I don't want him to worry about me. What should I do...

His eyes focused on a broken pencil lying in a corner, as well as a crushed up piece of paper beside it. Then his gaze fell on the sleeping boy currently nuzzled up against his neck.

I guess I can try this.

                                                                                    ***


Morning dawned quickly, and Suho came back with a smile that was a little too bright for Chen's liking.

"I'll drop the boy off now! Is he ready?"

Chen turned to glare at Suho with half-lidded eyes, and Suho beamed back. He placed two fingers on Sehun's temple and used Memory Erase to clear the previous day's events, and the boy stirred sleepily, unaware of the fact that one whole day of his memory was gone.

Suho picked the boy up and threw him over his shoulder. Sehun woke up with a squeal, and he cursed at himself. "Oh dammit I woke the chatterbox up."

"Who are you!! Go away I wan my mama!"

"I'll take you to mama, don't worry!" Suho and Sehun soon disappeared from Chen's sight, and Chen was left in the van alone. He sighed softly and closed his eyes. Luhan I hope you get my message...

                                                                                    ***


Knock knock.

It was close to evening, and Luhan had spent the whole day moping thinking and moping cleaning the house and moping eating and moping some more lying in bed. And moping. 

He pulled open the door, not bothering to mask the sadness on his face, and he was surprised to see a very worried looking mother carrying a small little boy.

"Excuse me, is this... Luhan?" She asked.

Luhan blinked at her, confused. "Yeah, what's the matter?"

She set the boy down gently, and he immediately clung to her pants tightly. Somehow the boy reminds me how I used to be, Luhan thought absently.

"You see, my son went missing yesterday and I was very worried, but just this morning someone found him and brought him to the police station. Sehun... My son claims he can't remember anything, which is worrying." The mother chewed in her lip, and then she withdrew a crumpled sheet of paper from her handbag.

"There was a note in Sehun's possession. It states your name and address, so I figured it should be a note to you."

Luhan bowed at her and accepted the paper. "Thank you."

She smiled. "It's okay. I'll be going off now." She picked up her son, who was staring at Luhan with wide innocent eyes, and started towards the lift.

Luhan went back into the house and spread open the paper, his heart pounding.


                                                                                       

To: Luhan

It's me, Chen

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

I'm just gone for a while to settle some matters, but I'll be back.

Wait for me, won't you?

Don't miss me too much.

See you soon~

Your Chenchen

 


Luhan felt his face break into a relieved smile.

Chen is safe!! He's not gone!! Oh my god!!

Luhan traced the word Chenchen with his finger. It's not a fake, he thought, because only Chen would know to use that nickname.

I knew that Tao was lying, you couldn't have left me just like that.

I trust you, Chen, I'll wait for you to come back. 

 

 

A/N: Hi guys!! Back with another update. 

Suho is planning to overtake Chen's mind now, if you didnt get it.

 

MY RANDOMNESS SPOT:

YAY!! (For those who haven't watched, like me. I'm always one or two beats slower than everyone else HAHA)

 

cr: tumblr

Freaking cutiepies ARGHH

cr: tumblr

more Kai + puppies xD <3

cr: tumblr

Bye!! :)