Skiing

Superman

It had been a hell of an awkward night. 

Luhan had laid precariously at the edge of the bed, biting hard on his pillow the whole night, while Chen curled in his usual peaceful foetal position, nose nuzzled in the bed sheet. It didn't help at all that his shirt had ridden up in his sleep, exposing his soft milky-smooth stomach. It didn't help that Luhan woke up first, and saw it.

Oh nooooo....

He sprinted into the bathroom, hopping over their luggage like a professional hurdler.

                                                                                    ***


After breakfast, Chanyeol and Baekhyun each grabbed one of Chen's arms.

"Let's go!! We'll be your trainers." Chanyeol offered. No, no offered, Chen thought. Declared.

"Don't worry, under our protection you're as safe as.... As..." Baekhyun struggled to think of a comparison, and shrugged when he couldn't. "Anyway, let's go!!"

Chen turned to cast a glance at Luhan, who was walking behind with a slightly anxious look. I wonder what's wrong with Luhan... Was it because of what happened yesterday? The kiss... Chen blinked, and he felt a smile creep onto his face. Wait, I'm not supposed to smile. He straightened out his expression immediately. That's better.

The crisp cold air sliced his cheeks like blunt knives, and the air he exhaled came out in small puffs. It was colder that morning, and Chen wrapped his scarf tighter around his face, covering his mouth and nose in the process.

"How are we supposed to ski when it's this cold here?" Chen's voice came out muffled under the scarf, and no one exactly heard it.

The four of them stomped over to the ski lodge and collected the ski equipment. Chen eyed the skis suspiciously. "What are these for?"

"They are the skis, Chen. You can't ski without them." Baekhyun bit back a chuckle, and ruffled his hair.

Chen clumsily put on the ski boots, and picked up his skis and poles. "I'm ready."

"Not quite..." Chanyeol held his chin up with a hand and used the other to fasten a helmet onto Chen's head, clipping the buckle at the bottom. He rapped it a few times playfully, causing Chen to squirm and make an angry puppy face.

"Now you're ready. Let's go!!" Chanyeol beamed, grabbing his equipment and motioning for the rest to follow him out, onto the smooth snowy track.


Chanyeol offered to teach him first, while Luhan and Baekhyun started up the slope for a race.

"Okay so first, you clip on the skis. Like this." Chanyeol bent down and fastened his boots to the skis, and Chen followed suit.

"Then, you used the poles and push yourself..." He trailed off as Chen toppled over and landed on his face. Chanyeol began to laugh hard. "Oh gosh you are so cute!!"

"NOT." Chen wobbled to his feet, huffing snow off his fringe. "How do you actually move in these?" He lifted up a ski, and lost his balance again, falling on his .

Chanyeol wanted to give up already, even though the lesson barely started. He was certainly not a very understanding teacher.

After several attempts to stand and failing miserably, Chanyeol had just thrown Chen on his shoulder, skis and poles and all, and trudged up the slope to a more unpopulated area where they could practice... standing.


"This . So I stand but I can't move." Chen moaned, trying to wriggle forward but wobbled dangerously again. 

Chanyeol chuckled. "You push yourself with the poles. Not wobble. We aren't penguins, you know."

After an hour, Chen was showing some progress, and Baekhyun took over. 

"Hey, now I'm going to show you how to really ski."

Chen blinked at him, looking stricken. "Then what have I been doing this past one and a half hours?"

"Umm, standing around?" Baekhyun laughed at Chen's pout. "Don't aegyo me, Chen. Reserve that for Luhan. Anyway..." He added as Chen opened his mouth to protest, "My objective is to make you win a race with me today!! You set?"


Chen won him with his first try.

Baekhyun stumbled about, spitting melted icicles out of his mouth and brushing powdery snow off his jacket. 

"What the heck how did you...?"

Chen smiled, his eyes hidden behind his eyelids. I cheated. Sorry, man.

Baekhyun scowled as Chanyeol skied up to them, the look on his face priceless. "He's a natural!! I believe Chen can become a national champion if only he had started skiing earlier."

Luhan followed up behind Chanyeol, a knowing grin on his face. 

                                                                                    ***

After lunch, the endless skiing continued. 

Luhan watched in great amusement as Chen beat Chanyeol and Baekhyun over and over again, and soon Chen's eyes were wide open and clear hazel, leaving Luhan amazed that Chen wasn't using his powers anymore, he was truly a natural.

How more perfect can this guy be?!

The fifth time he won, Chen had stumbled into Luhan's arms, laughing and rambling about how he had found his true sport niche. Luhan had just hugged him back and laughed along, ignoring the queer way his heart started to pound erratically.

"I'm tired," Chen sighed. He smiled as a father and his son flew past them on a fat tyre. "That looks fun!!"

"You wanna try?" Chen bobbed his head with a grin. "But you're tired..." "Not anymore!!"

Luhan took Chen's hand and went back to the ski lodge where he grabbed a tyre. They climbed up the slope slowly. If Chen noticed their fingers intertwined the whole journey up, he didn't say a thing. Luhan secretly enjoyed every second.

At the top of the slope, Luhan made Chen sit on the tyre, and he positioned himself such that Chen was between his legs. He desperately tried not to think dirty when Chen's backside accidentally brushed into him.

"R-ready?" He managed to gasp out.

"Yeah let's go!!"


It felt like the most perfect moment in Luhan's life.
 


                                                                                    ***

It was soon getting dark out. They were exhausted and hungry. And that irritating Baekhyun wanted one last ski race. 

"Pleasepleasepleaasssseeeeee...." He grabbed Luhan's shoulder and bounced up and down on the snow like a desperate bunny wanting a carrot.

Luhan gave in.

They headed towards the ski lifts, intending to head up to the top of the slope without needing to manually climb up. Chen and Chanyeol stood together at a distance to watch them. But then, the tracks were mostly empty save for a few other avid skiiers. The ski lifts were empty too.

Luhan climbed onto a ski lift, and Baekhyun followed suit, complaining about why couldn't there be high speed elevators to take them up there instead.

Then something unexpected happened.


As the ski lift was lifting off from the ground, Chen sprinted over, huffing madly.

"Get off!! Get off now!!"

What?! Luhan looked down at Chen in alarm, and a chill ran down his spine.

He was staring at them frantically, with very very bright metallic silver eyes.

"Get down!!"

Luhan wasted no time, unbuckling and throwing himself off the ski lift in a flash, but Baekhyun was more hesitant. "Luhan, why? Chen, why?" 

"GET OFF!!" Chen screamed, his voice raw with fear.

Baekhyun peered over the side, and saw Chen. With his glowing eyes. And froze.

Luhan stilled, his heart roaring as it pumped madly and rapidly. What was happening?!

"Dammit come down!!" Chen jumped up and caught hold of Baekhyun's leg, pulling himself onto the ski lift with remarkable deftness. Baekhyun shrieked as he was nearly pulled off the ski lift, but he didn't fall off, due to the seat buckle. Chen, now seated on Baekhyun's lap, yanked off the buckle with amazing speed and dexterity, and pulled Baekhyun and himself off the ski lift. 

By then, the ski lift bench was quite high up, and both of them tumbled onto the snow heavily, Chen's arms wrapped protectively around Baekhyun as they landed on the thankfully soft and cushioned ground.

Luhan sprinted up to them, and Chanyeol caught up with him easily, his eyes wide with horror. "What the heck?!"

A pit of dread pooled in Luhan's stomach. Something was going to happen.


And he wasn't wrong.

A few seconds later, there was a sickening snap. The ski lift bench behind the one that Baekhyun and Luhan were supposedly sitting on broke off partially.

That wasn't all. The cable had partially disconnected, causing sparks of electricity to shoot and crackle along the entire length of the metal ski lift ride. 

If Luhan and Baekhyun hadn't got off, they would've been electrocuted.

Luhan flopped down onto the snow in shock.

                                                                                    ***

Adrenaline was still rushing and pulsing through his veins.

Oh my god that was so close, so close...

Chen's heart felt like it was to explode out of his chest cavity in fear.

His Sixth Sense had suddenly acted up, and all he knew was that Baekhyun and Luhan had to get off the ski lifts immediately.

He heard the loud snap and crackle, and he automatically tightened his grip around Baekhyun. Then, there was silence except for the heavy breathing of the four of them.

As he laid on the snow, hugging Baekhyun, the boy was trembling in his arms. He pressed his body into him, using Touch Heat to warm him up, and he stopped shivering. 

"Chen...?" Chanyeol touched his arm.

Chen gently lifted Baekhyun and placed him into Chanyeol's arms, and he quickly enveloped the smaller boy in a warm hug. Baekhyun sobbed into his shoulder.

Chen got up to his feet shakily, his breaths still short and panting. He saw Luhan sitting in front of him, and tumbled onto the snow into his arms.

"Chen..." He heard Luhan whisper while he his hair. "You're amazing."


                                                                                    ***


"I swear, I saw it, I wasn't kidding, Yeol!!"

"Don't be foolish..."

"They really were silver, and glowing!! I was shocked, that's why I didn't jump off immediately!!"

"Look, you must have been frightened or something, you must have seen wrongly. No way can his eyes turn silver, Baek."

"... ..."

"I... I also felt something warm when he hugged me... It's not that I'm attracted to him, Yeol. It really felt like he was warming me up. It's a strange feeling. And, and I don't understand how he could've jumped up onto the ski lift so quickly!"

"I'm not so alarmed about that, Baek. It's more... How did he know it was going to happen?"

There was silence. Luhan pressed his ear onto the door to listen more, but it was all quiet. Sighing, he went back to the shared room with Chen.

Chen was seated on the bed, knees to his chest, his eyes expressionless and his face blank.

"Chen..." Luhan stepped over the still-strewn-about luggage and climbed onto the bed, pulling Chen into a hug.

"Don't worry so much, Chen."

"They saw me."

"... Saw you?" He tilted Chen's head to look at his face.

Chen was chewing on his lip so hard that it could split any moment, and his eyes were wet.

"I forgot, I... Baekhyun saw me with my eyes... And..."

"It's okay, you couldn't help it, Chen."

"They know..."

"You saved our lives, Chen. I wouldn't trade that for anything. So what if they know? You are still you, and you saved us. That's the most important thing."

Chen continued chewing, avoiding eye contact with Luhan.

Luhan gently wiped the tears that clung to his eyelashes. "Get some sleep, hmm? Everything will be fine, trust me."

Chen nodded with a weak smile, finally making eye contact. "Thank you Luhan."

And Luhan found his heart stuttering nervously again. Oh god what's wrong with me?!

 



A/N: a little something to leave you guys gasping in fear!! Actually I was gasping when I typed this haha. I was imagining it in my head and it felt so scary, in my opinion. Phew!! Haha.

 

MY RANDOMNESS SPOT:

They wore white in 2012...They wore black in 2013...

Maybe next year it'll be grey xD (LOL at sehun's pants being too short)

(Okay so its confirmed that this IS their standard position.

Kris→Chanyeol→Sehun→D.O.→Lay→Luhan→Kai→Suho→Chen→Xiumin→Baehyun→Tao)

I wonder who decided on it :3

Saw this somewhere and couldn't stop laughing :>

 

I still love you Suho <3 ahahaha

 

'Till next time!