TAO

Superman

 

"Tao?"


What was Tao doing here? And why is he glaring at me?

Back in the other universe, Tao was Chen's closest childhood friend. They would play together, eat together, fight with each other, gossip with each other, and cry on each other. They were inseparable, up to the state when their parents literally had to pry them apart when it was time to part ways.

Like Kai, Tao was a very important person in Chen's life.

So WHY exactly is Tao here?

Could it be Do MinJeok's apprentice's doing again?

"Tao..."

Tao whipped around fully, glaring at Chen with eyes full of hatred and anger that Chen felt alarmed. 

"Tao, what's wrong?" He managed to ask, stepping forward with his arms slightly outstretched.

"STOP!! Don't come near me, stop!!" Tao barked, and Chen flinched back.

What... Why... What's wrong with Tao??

Tao advanced slowly towards him, each step slow and stiff. "You. I hate you."

Chen's eyes widened when he heard those words. What?!

"Tao, I'm your best friend, what are you talking-"

"Rubbish!!" He snapped, fists curling up against his palms. Tao was getting near now, his pace slightly increasing, and Chen knew that he should escape, he should dodge away, but no his feet just wouldn't move and all he could do was to stare at Tao with a mixture of sadness and confusion.

Tao stopped when he was about a metre away, and the look in his eyes wasn't normal. The irises of his eyes were soulless and very very black, and his mouth was etched in an unnatural frown. 

"Tao... What's wrong?" Chen repeated in a whisper, his heart starting to hammer wildly in his chest.

Tao's lips tightened, and he didn't say a thing. Suddenly he sprung down low, his body crouched and his muscles tensed, as if ready for a fight. Chen watched him, his eyes blazing metallic, and he knew what was going to happen next. 

But he didn't run away. He couldn't.

And he saw Tao's leg flying towards him in his all-famous martial arts move, cutting through the air like a whizzing blade.

Let him hit me.

Chen's eyes fluttered shut and he waited for the impact to connect squarely into his jaw, like Tao had aimed it at. But it never came. Instead, his eyes snapped open as a body connected against his chest forcefully, and a painful shriek pierced the air.


What the hell is Luhan doing here?!

                                                                                    ***

Luhan watched as the evil-looking man approached Chen.

Chen, run away!! He's dangerous!! What are you doing, Chen?

Luhan desperately wanted to see Chen's expression, but his back was facing the door. He looked so frail that Luhan just wanted to wrap his arms around him.

"Tao... What's wrong?" Chen asked, and Luhan blinked in surprise. Chen knows this guy?

What...? Wait... What is he doing?

Chen, run!! Oh my god he's going to hit you, Chen!

Without a second thought, Luhan sprung from the entrance and flipped his body in front of Chen, gripping onto his shoulders tightly in protection.

Then the powerful flying kick hit the back of his neck so freaking hard that it brought blood in his mouth and stars in his head. He didn't miss the loud cracking sound either.

Oh god, did my neck just snap?

Luhan slipped out of consciousness.

                                                                                    ***


Chen's eyes widened in shock as Luhan's motionless body slumped against him, his neck bent in an awkward angle that certainly didn't look natural.

Then his eyes darted up to Tao, who was looking smug and totally not a tinge of remorse in his face. 

"I didn't mean to kick him. But it seemed to me like he wanted to be kicked." His voice was dripping with sarcasm and sadistic pleasure.

A warning wave of pain struck Chen's brain. Luhan is severely injured.

"Damn you," he muttered shakily, and he lifted Luhan into his arms, running out of the room.

                                                                                    ***


"He's waking up!! Oh my god!"

"Luhan!! Luhan! Do you remember me?"

There was an ache in Luhan's head. And neck. And arm. Okay so my whole body is aching and stiff and I don't want to open my eyes because it'll probably be really bright and...

"Could you close the curtains? His eyes will hurt. And just keep quiet, you're driving him insane."

Chen?!

There was a soft swooshing sound and then silence. Luhan opened his eyes.

The first person he noticed was Chanyeol's extremely large happy derpy face right in front of his, and Baekhyun's tear-streaked face beside him. Luhan smiled, and tried to move, but there was a restraining hand on his arm.

"Don't move yet."

Luhan blinked, and tried to see past the two dork faces that filled his vision. Actually, just one. Chanyeol's face was as big as the moon. Baekhyun nudged him, and he moved away sheepishly.

Chen was seated on his left on a chair beside the bed, one hand on his arm and the other intertwined with his fingers. His smile was warm and his eyes were sparkling, and Luhan felt like crying in happiness.

"I..."

"Why are you so foolish, huh? Chen told me you fell down the stairs and hit your neck! How ridiculous is that?" Chanyeol ranted.

"Don't scold Luhan..." Baekhyun sniffled into his tissue. "He's in pain and such a poor thing..."

Luhan felt like punching Chanyeol and hugging Baekhyun. Then again, he couldn't do either because of Chen's restraining grip. In any case, Luhan didn't even think he could move, anyway.

"Could you guys leave for a while? I have some things to say to Luhan." Chen's voice was soft and gentle yet authoritative, and his best friends obeyed immediately, scrambling out of the room like 7-year-olds going to buy ice cream.


Chen's eyes haven't left Luhan at all ever since he woke up. Luhan was aware of a neck brace that wrapped around his neck like a gigantic choker. 

Oh , was it a spinal injury? Am I paralysed for life?!

But then he could feel Chen's hand gently massaging his, and he sighed in relief. 

"I'm not paralysed."

"Nope, thank god."

Chen was still watching him, and Luhan grew slightly self-conscious.

"Why did you do that?" Chen had a half-smile on his lips, but his eyes were filled with sadness and remorse.

"I..." Luhan bit his lip, struggling to think of a reason.

"No one gave you the permission to reverse our roles."

Luhan's eyes dropped away from Chen's gaze, and his cheeks coloured slightly.

"I didn't want him to hit you..."

"Luhan, if I didn't want to get hit, I would have moved away." 

Luhan looked up, confused. "Why did you want to get hit?"

Chen was silent, his eyes clouded over with regret and something else that Luhan couldn't read. He sighed, massaging Luhan's arm gently, and didn't seem to have a reply. Luhan was enjoying the massage, and he closed his eyes with a smile. 

"I like that."

"This?" Chen gave his upper arm a squeeze, and Luhan nodded.

"I'll keep doing it if you want." His voice was laced with amusement, and Luhan grinned in response.

"How long have I been out, Chen?" He murmured sleepily.

"Hmm... Today is the 28th, so it has been two days."

"What have you been doing then, Chen?"

"Nothing much, just sitting here and looking at you."

"Mmmfff don't do that, I'm shy..."

Chen chuckled. "People don't get shy in their sleep. Anyway, go sleep now, I'll be here."

And he felt a pair of soft lips on his forehead right before he slipped into dreamland.

                                                                                    ***


Chen paced along the dark corridor, his hands turning clammy as the minutes ticked by.

When is he going to show up??

"Chen", came a hard, cold voice from behind him, and he whipped around.

Tao was holding his wushu stick tightly in his hand, his eyes blazing in anger. "I hate you."

"I figured." Chen muttered. "But I can't forgive for what you did to Luhan, though. That's completely unacceptable."

Tao shrugged nonchalantly.

"You're possessed, aren't you." 

Tao opened his mouth to speak, but Chen marched over to him and clamped his mouth shut, wrenching the stick out of his hand with Brute Strength and flinging it a distance away.

"I know you're not normal, and it isn't your fault, Tao. But I need you snap out of this quick!!"

Tao gazed back at him with a scowl under Chen's palm. 

"I'm normal. And I hate you so much. I want to break you two apart."

Chen's eyes glazed over slightly. Break us apart? His heart clenched and he swallowed dryly. 

"N-never, d-don't you try." Chen pulled away from Tao with a pained expression. Tao watched him with empty eyes, and smirked when Chen began the fidget under his stare.

"I do what I want. Your wish is my command..." He leaned closer and tilted Chen's chin up with his hand, "the opposite."

Chen knew that Tao could feel the way his heart stuttered in fear.

"Just wait and see..." 

With a laugh, he pushed Chen to the ground, picked up his wushu stick and sauntered off. Chen watched as Tao rounded the bend without a single backward glance, and he felt his eyes grow hot with tears. 

Betrayal hurts. As much as I know that Tao is being controlled, it still hurts. He steeled himself and nodded with determination. I won't let Tao break Luhan and I up. He... means too much to me.

                                                                                    ***


"We've got to take action. What Tao is doing is not good enough."

"I know that, Suho. I'm thinking."

"You have to work with Luhan, because he's slightly less stable compared to Chen."

"What do you mean?"

"He had a weakness for Chen, am I right? From my observation I think Chen is a very important person to him. In other words, that's what you have to work on. Building on Luhan's insecurities."

"...Suho, I believe you're a genius."

"Of course, I'm getting paid for this, anyway."

"Suho!! I have an idea..."

"... ..."

"Okay. Leave it to me boss, I will convey this to Tao and we will execute it perfectly."

"Good job, Suho."



A/N: I'm using a special calendar here, where every month has 30 days (easier for me to keep track of the days) I'm actually paying very close attention to the days, making sure it is exactly 6 months (hence 180 days). Chen arrived on the 5th Nov, so technically he will leave on the 5th of May. 

Yes, he will leave T_T or will he?

Haha that's a secret. Anyway, now Tao is evil. Evil SuTao haha xD

Since I'm working on a fixed time frame, i have to plan the days properly (yes i know, OCD) 

(and yes, i've wrote up to chap 18 alr haha)

 

MY RANDOMNESS SPOT

I think EXO's stage on Music Bank was totally perfect (I LAUGHED at the Kyungsooooo scream haha at 0:27)

AND IT'S LIVE OMG (I have a weakness for live singing)

EXO showtime:

cr: tumblr

Kyungsoo ah kyungsoo... i do that when I was a primary school kid, you know xD

cr: tumblr

I have a severe weakness for Kai and puppies. NO I JUST CAN'T.

 

Till next time :D