Chapter Twelve: Midnight Talk

Unexpected

I still can't believe with what I just saw at the cafe earlier. How about their date? 

Thinking about this making me feel so stress. I take my car keys before leaving the room. Since everyone in this house already asleep so I sneakily go outside.

I start the car engine and go to the place that I'm familiar with.

 

As soon as I arrive at my destination, I walk toward the house and ring the door bell. 

The door swung open and reveal a very familiar face.

"Jess? What are you doing here, in the middle of the night?" Taeyeon ask with her eyes looking tired. She's probably just about to go to sleep. I assume.

"Can I talk to you?" I say with a serious tone. Taeyeon gulp her saliva before let me inside.

I enter the house and we sit on the couch while waiting for me to speak first.

"Okay, this is probably make me look like a crazy person like I came here, in the middle of the night. There's something that really bother although I actually jus-"

"Can you just say straight to the point?" Taeyeon cut me off and giggles. 

"Did your date with Baekhyun went well?" I ask and this question make Taeyeon froze.

It took for a second for Taeyeon to back to the reality.

"Uh. No. He cancel the date" Taeyeon say in a disappointed tone. 

"Did he said anything or excuse about why he cancel the date?" I ask. I guess, I'm pretty much like a detective conan right now. LOL

"He just said that he's quite busy with his family." Taeyeon shrugged. I just nodded my head. Should I tell her or nah?

"Why you acting like this suddenly? You make me feel suspense." Taeyeon look at me weirdly.

"Nothing. I don't know why I'm acting like this lol. Maybe because I'm curious" I grin. Taeyeon squint her eyes as she sense something wrong is happening. 

'Just spilt it out, J' Taeyeon say but this time her voice is quite firm. She's really serious about this.

'I saw Baekhyun with another girl at Starbucks' I blurt out. Taeyeon's eyes widen. Her lips apart as she was like about to say something.

 

I've been spent an hour in Taeyeon's house and trying to comfort the crying Taeyeon. I should've told this to her. 

'How can this be? I thought he is a nice guy!' She say. This is going to be a long night.

 

My eyes are heavy already. I look to my side, seeing that Taeyeon already sleep. I pull the blanket up to her shoulder and left the house. I'm so going to talk to Baekhyun this morning.

 

'See you after school' I bid a goodbye to Taeyeon before going straight to the boys locker room. I enter the room without any hesitation. All the boys look at me as if I'm a ghost. 

'Byun Baekhyun!' I shouted when I see him standing not far from me. Baekhyun look at me in a shock. 'Can I talk with you for a second?' I said. Baekhyun nodded and his face telling me that he is ready for whatever that is coming. 

'Why you cancel your date with Taeyeon?' I asked. Baekhyun face seems so like normal. There is any sign of worried or shocked on his face. 

'Oh that. I'm so sorry. My cousin from America just arrived yesterday. It was an unplanned visit. So my parents had a really so called great idea and make me to be a tourist guide for her to tour this Seoul city. So that's why I need to cancel my date with Taeyeon. It is not like what it seems like. I will never do that to Taeyeon. I love her.' Baekhyun said. I sigh in relief. 'Alright then. If you said that so but you need to tell her the truth. You heard me right?' I said and narrow my eyes. I can sense a fear from Baekhyun. He quickly nodded his head before make an excuse to leave the room.

I walked along the empty hall. I guess that I'm late again for my Calculus class. I've never been this kind of girl where like to skip the class but somehow it seems that I already be that kind of girl. Which is basically so not me. So I decides to go to the school rooftop just to chiil myself out there. As I expected, Luhan is there at his usual spot, as usual. 

'I'm really not suprised to see you here.' I spoke and that make Luhan to look at me. He look at me with his boring face as ever. 'What's up? You skip the class, ha?' Luhan smirk. I rolled my eyes and take a seat right next to him. 

'Practically, I'm not skipping my favourite class but it's more like I'm late.' I said. Luhan just mouth 'whatever' and continue enjoying the fresh air. We just sat there silently for 30 minutes before school ring bell. 'I gotta go. See you after school' I said and walk away. I look back and Luhan still deep in his though. I wonder what he is thinking about but whatever it's not my problem.

My next class is Mr. Han class which is one of the class that I hated the most. It's History. Learning history is not my thing. From a far, I already saw Taeyeon's dirty blond hair. 

'Jessica!' Taeyeon shouted. She sounds so happy. 'What's up with the happy face?' I teased. I hope Baekhyun already make up with her.

'Um, Baek as me to go for a date. Again. I know but he promise that there will never be any excuses anymore and beside he already told me the truth.' Taeyeon said triumphantly. I nod my head.

'Let's go inside. Mr. Han probably will be arrive anytime sooner.' Taeyeon said.