Jihyun

Anything for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"WHAT the hell happened?"

 

 

Yoona couldn't look Changmin directly in the eye. "Just assign ITECH interiors to somebody else, Shim. I can't do it."

 

Changmin held her shoulders. "Yoona, I don't understand! This is a big break for you! A one in a million opportunity! Why are you throwing it away?"

 

"It's my daughter. I can't leave Jihyun here, Shim. I would really miss her. My absence won't affect the ITECH project. Dreamscapes have lots of potential designers qualified for this project."

 

Changmin shook his head sadly and sighed deeply. "That is a flimsy excuse and you know it! You can bring Jihyun with you in Korea. I will take care of you and Jihyun. Leave it to me."

 

Yoona shook her head. That's the last thing she wanted to do. Korea is a territory of the Lees. The LGC now owned and controlled ITECH too! They would both be in close proximity with Jonghyun and she did not want her daughter near her biological father!

 

"Think more about this project before you reject it, Yoona. I will go to Korea to jump start the construction. I would be really busy the following months. The implementation of the interiors will take long. You still have enough time to reconsider your decision. I understand your concern with your daughter. But we will talk about this again some other time, okay?"

 

She hugged him. "Thanks, Shim."

 

He kissed her forehead. "Don't worry about it. Everything's gonna be okay, trust me. Now, I’m gonna play with my little girl. I owe her a piggy back ride."

 

She half smiled. "Yes, she might be bored now in the playroom."

 

Changmin entered  the playroom of Jihyun.

 

"Excuse me, ma'am, there's a man here looking for you." Said by the maid in the dining room entrance.

 

Yoona startled a little bit. She was not expecting any visitors today. Today was Sunday and she can't remember inviting anyone to her house. She went in the living room.

 

She almost fainted.

 

She froze from where she stands.

 

Her daughter's father was standing in the middle of her living room, surveying his surroundings like a king. His eyes rested on her and smiled slowly, his lips breaking into a grin, showing his dimples that took her breath away. She had not seen him smile like that in so long. It lit up his handsome face, making him charmingly boyish.

 

"Hello, sweetheart." He drawled lazily as if it was a normal visit, as if their last sight of each other was not fraught with animosity.

 

"J-jonghyun...!"

 

She held the armrest of the chair for balance. Her heart beats so fast.

 

Oh God, make him go away. Now!

 

But her heart tells the opposite. She wanted to run to him and hugged him tightly. She had missed him so much!

 

Jonghyun walked near her, his eye raking her face in such a tender manner. He used to look at her just like that.

 

Tenderly, adoringly, like he loved her...

 

His hand went up to touch her face gently. "Yoona... I really missed you, sweetheart. So very much." He whispered in a sweet voice. Gone was the anger and bitterness in his voice. He spoke her name like a sweet caress, soothingly, reverently.

 

"Jonghyun..." Her eyes were watery.

 

"Shhhh…we had lots of exchange of words that both pained us without us knowing. I hurt you, you hurt me, but we can bury the past now, baby. We can start all over again. I forgive you for leaving me four years ago. Whatever you did, I forgive you. Whatever your reasons were, I'll respect it. I was a fool. I should have married you, baby, but I was a coward. Forgive me. I'll make it up to you, I promise. I want you back, Yoona. I want you back in my life."

 

"Jonghyun..."

 

She can't believe of what she was hearing! Am I dreaming?

 

He stared into her eyes. "Did you miss me too, Yoona?" He asked like a child full of uncertainty. "Will you be my woman again? I will give you everything you want. Everything. Just come back to me, sweetheart…"

 

She touched his face with all the love she felt in her heart. "Jonghyun... I... Oh God..."

 

"Jonghyun!"

 

Yoona immediately pulled away from Jonghyun, turn her face the other way and wiped the tears. When she faced back, Changmin was already beside them with his confused face while staring at Jonghyun formally. Jonghyun stared back at Changmin stoically.

 

Yoona coughed and tried to ease the tension in the situation. "Ahm, Shim, Mr. Lee is here looking for you."

 

Smile return in Changmin's face, he became cordial. "Is that so? I think the office didn't know that you'll be coming here, Jonghyun. Does Henry know you're here? Shall I call him?"

 

Jonghyun gazed at her before answering Changmin. "Actually, I'm here on another business but I also have things to clear with you and Henry before we start the construction of ITECH next month."

 

"Sure. I think I should call Henry. We can go to a restaurant and discuss whatever---"

 

"Daddy! Come back! Piggy-back ride, please!"

 

Yoona felt like her heart jump up to once she saw her daughter run towards Changmin and hugged his leg. Changmin happily carried Jihyun and kissed her cheeks. Jihyun chuckled and wrapped her little arms to Changmin's neck.

 

Yoona turned her gaze to Jonghyun. His eyes were riveted on Changmin and Jihyun and she saw only one thing in those amber depths.

 

Pure anguish…

 

She swallowed hard, her face went pale.

 

"Aw, princess, sorry, I have to leave you in there. Hey, we have a visitor. Jonghyun, meet our little angel, Jihyun. Say hi, princess."

 

Jihyun smiled shyly. "Hi!"

 

 

 

 

 

JONGHYUN FELT like his whole universe collapsed on top of him. He couldn't breathe! His heart seemed to have stopped beating. Yoona had a daughter! She had a daughter with Changmin? And while he was looking at the little girl carried by Changmin, he felt like he wanted to kill someone. Or kill his self. His dreams wilted right before his very eyes.

 

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" He heard from his numb mind the little voice coming from the child. She was so exquisitely beautiful, like one of those little dolls his sisters used to play with when they were kids.

 

Yoona carried her daughter from Changmin and looked at Jonghyun. Her eyes were teary as if trying to tell him something, her lips were trembling. He wanted to shake her and rant at her.

 

Why, why, why! How could you replace me that fast? You have a child with another man, damn you! It should be my child! Our child, Yoona! Oh God, why?!

 

But he swallowed all those words painfully.

 

"Excuse me." From there, Yoona walked away and leave him with Changmin.

 

Jonghyun tried to contain the violence swirling inside him. The voice in his mind whispered. He should let her go. She was no longer his. She was someone else's woman now.

 

"Are you alright, Jonghyun?"

 

Jonghyun lifelessly look at Changmin. He wanted to tear him apart. The thought of Changmin touching Yoona the way he had touched her made his insides shake with primitive bloodlust. Did he know that he ed his girlfriend twice just weeks ago? Of course, he didn't, or, Changmin would be kicking his now.

 

God, does Yoona really love this man so much that she sacrificed herself to him just to make way for this man's ambitions?

 

Why Yoona have not done something like that to him when she was still his? …

 

Did she love this man more than she loved him?... If she ever loved him at all?

 

His heart couldn't seem to contain his despair. He turned around. He had to get out of there.

 

"Are you alright, Jonghyun?"

 

He stopped and looked back at him. He tried to smile. "I would like you to know that I trust you with the ITECH tower, Changmin. Tell Henry that we will most likely be doing more business together in the future."

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter