Book 2: Four Years Later

Anything for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the start of Book 2. This chapter is the start of Jonghyun and Yoona's story after the epilogue.

 

 

 

 

 

FOREVER.

 

She promised him forever. He believed her. With all his heart, he believed her. And that's the biggest mistake he had done in his entire life. It was good while it lasted, she callously wrote in a note that tore his whole life to pieces.

 

. The coldhearted, avaricious !

 

He clenched his fists tightly, his eyes were burning while staring at the woman standing fifteen meters away from him. She was totally oblivious to his presence. Fifteen meters distance between them didn't stop him to know the figure of the woman. She had been imbedded in his consciousness so deeply.

 

As deep as his hatred for her.

 

He doesn't want to blink even for a second, fearing she might disappear in his sight any moment. Four years seemed not to passed between them. She was still the same, only she looked even better. Midnight brown hair that went past her shoulders, a body that seemed to have been carved by a legendary sculptor and skin that gleamed creamily in the soft chandelier lights of the hotel's grand ballroom. She was wearing a soft, flowing red gown that was held in place only by her firm bountiful s. His eyes traveled down slowly to her narrow waist and curvaceous hips, hips that at one time he held in his hands firmly while he drove into her silken depths like a man overridden by his animal instincts.

 

His thoughts alone made him feel heat and anger flowed all over his body. He remembered those deep-set doe eyes who turned liquid fire as he loved every inch of her silky body, those luscious lips who begged him in incoherent moans and sighs to take her to paradise, those long, shapely legs that wrapped around him like she never wanted to let him go.

 

His teeth clashed together when he saw her smiled at the waiter while reaching for a wineglass in the serving tray he's holding. The waiter stared at her, transfixed foe awhile. He couldn't blame the poor sod. He also was once a victim of her enchanting smile, that sweet bewitching smile of a temptress.

 

A venomous temptress.

 

But he was a willing victim. He took her bait, hook, line and sinker. He fell for her. Hard, so hard that he gave up everything that he held dear and everything that he worked so hard for. He defied and hurt the people who meant everything to him. He turned away from everyone and everything that represented who he was.

 

All for her.

.

.

All for the love he felt for her.

.

.

All for nothing!

 

He wanted to burst it out! He wanted to shout his denial for the pain and sufferings he had felt and buried into the deepest part of his soul ever since the day she walked away. He wished he could deny it, all of it, but he would be a liar to his own self. Because it was all there inside of him, raging like a fierce tempest, ravaging his senses, eating at his bitter soul.

 

He thought he had died inside four years ago. But he felt alive again. Yes, alive. Because he could feel the pain all over again.

 

Searing...Burning...Agonizing...

.

.

Hell...

 

Yoona.

 

The only woman he had offered his everything. The only woman he had honored above all else, more than his own mother. He made her feel what heaven feels like. But she was the one who threw him in hell.

 

She had been his life. But her betrayal killed him.

 

 

 

 

 

YOONA SMILED once she saw the man walking towards her, Shim Changmin. He smiled boyishly and kissed her cheek lightly.

 

"Hello, sweety. Miss me?"

 

"Yah right, cheeseball." She playfully pinched his waist and he wrapped his arms to her shoulders.

 

"Sorry for leaving you for a moment. The ITECH's executives were asking me too many questions. I thought attending this party will give me a break from working, but I guess, this party is all about work too." Changmin complained to her.

 

"Well, but it seems that they were all satisfied with our design proposals, otherwise, no one will attend this party."

 

"You're right. But don't say it's over till it's over. I've talked to Dao Zeng, the Singaporean ITECH president. He is with us but I think the final decision won't be coming from him about the bid. As I have noticed, he is not the only one who’s going to lead the transactions of ITECH in Korea."

 

"There were rumors of a take-over a few months back. I even read that in Asianweek."

 

"Yup, I've heard of it. It seems true but it was not confirmed yet. Henry is not telling me anything either, if ever he knows something."

 

She shrugged her shoulders. "Anyway, it's not our problem. What's important here is we got the project, it doesn't matter if there will be new management of the company. And...I'm hungry, Mr. Shim. Are you going to starve me to death? Common! Let's eat!"

 

Changmin laughed at her cuteness and kissed her nose, "Aw, poor baby. Let' go, I'll feed you with my love for you."

 

They both laughed while walking towards the buffet table.

 

 

 

 

 

"WHO IS THAT MAN, Henry? The one talking to the woman in red?"

 

Henry looked at the direction he is pointing at. They were at the corner part of the grand ballroom of the five star hotel in Singapore and silently observing the goings-on at the party.

 

"That's Shim Changmin, the chief architect and project-in-charge of ITECH Tower. He is our top guy, Jonghyun."

 

His forehead crumpled.

 

"You mean, he'd be in Seoul to personally handle the construction of my building just in case you win the bid?"

 

"Yes. Would you like to meet him now?"

 

He shaked his head. "No. Let my representative talk to him instead. I'd be really busy the rest of the week."

 

Henry smiled at him. "Yes, of course, Jonghyun. Anything you want."

 

His jaw moved aggressively, he once again gazed at the woman in red at the ballroom. He is currently having battling emotions inside of him. All along she was here in this country! That's explains her sudden disappearance. She went abroad. He doesn't how long she had been in Singapore and how she had done it. All he knew was that he was swamped with his burning, blinding hatred for her. He would deal with her the way he dealt with his businesses.

 

Shrewdly…Swifty…Ruthlessly…

 

He shaked Henry's hand. "Thanks, Henry. I'm afraid I could not stay long for the affair. I have an urgent internet conference with some European businessmen in 30 minutes."

 

Henry frowned. "But Jonghyun, this party is in your honor, our token of appreciation for inviting us to bid for ITECH Tower. This is the biggest project that we have yet to close in your country."

 

He smiled. Henry was indirectly kissing his , and he was being pushy too, one thing that he irritates about him. But his uncle Jaejin told him that the designs of Dreamscapes were great. Jaejin was his first cousin and one of his very few most trusted men. He was also SGC's head of Engineering Department. He should know best. And Henry got one thing that got his full attention.

 

Shim Changmin.

 

"I really appreciate it, Henry. But I stand to lose a lot if I don't show up for this meeting. I hope you understand. "He said and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter