Chapter Seven

When I Look at the Stars

The next day was very dull.

Both of them were eating their breakfast. Plain bread and plain water. Those are their breakfast menu since their parents left them. Lack of time and also pocket money. No whine and no complaint from any of them. Junhyung was grateful that his sister understood their situation and never whines about getting to eat only those meals.

“Do you still have your money? You need me to give more? Are you working later in the evening?” Junhyung tried to start a conversation.

Jiwoo kept quiet while looking down at her bread. Junhyung sighed and said in a soft voice, “mianhae…”

Even with his soft voice that almost sounded like a whisper, Jiwoo heard it. But she was angry at Junhyung and she kept quiet. After finishing her bread, Jiwoo stood up, grabbed her school bag and left for school.

Junhyung sighed again. “Jiwoo, please talk to oppa. I hate this. I’m sorry.” Junhyung said to himself and walked out the door while literally dragging his bag to school.

Junhyung walked to school following Jiwoo’s trail. Jiwoo sensed his brother was behind her and she walked even faster.

“Leave me alone, oppa.” She said to herself.

Both of them walked to school and hoping that the day would be brighter when at school.

 

*****

 

“Mr Yoon, please wake up. You are late for your new school.” Butler Jang was trying to wake Dujun up for the past 3o minutes. “Sir is waiting for you at the dining table. He will not be happy with you being late for your first day. Mr Yoon, please wake up now.”

Dujun was getting annoyed and he threw his pillow to Butler Jang.

“Aisshhhh, will you please be quiet! You know I don’t want to go to that freaking school! Go away Butler Jang, please!” Butler Jang starting to get angry and he pulled Dujun’s comforter from him and shouted, “Yoon Dujun. Please get up now! I’m really gonna get angry if you still want to act like this! Wake up nowww!”

Dujun knew that he could not persuade him any more as Butler Jang was really angry at that moment. He quickly got up from his bed and said sorry. Butler Jang’s frown disappear and said, “I’m sorry Dujun, I just don’t want you to get scolded by your grandfather. That’s all.”

“I know, Jang Ahjusshi.” Dujun smiled to him and quickly have his bath before getting ready for his new school.

Butler Jang was Dujun’s father best friend. Butler Jang is the only one that can stand with Dujun’s bad temper and his stubbornness. Dujun knew it too. He knew that he have butler Jang with him no matter what happens to him. He is grateful to ave his father’s best buddy in that big yet empty house.

“It’s gonna be a bad day for me from now on” Dujun sighed in the car when he was on his school.

 

*****

 

Jiwoo was looking down at the pavement when she entered the school gate. The school bell rang and Jiwoo fastened her steps to get to class on time. When she was running, she accidentally bumped to someone and a few books that she was holding before all were scattered on the floor.

“Aiishh, can’t you see where you are going!!”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t…” Wait, I know that voice!

Without wasting any time and kept her head down, Jiwoo quickly picked up her books and left.

“Yahhh, wait up! Yahhh….”What’s up with that girl. Didn’t even apologise properly! She is very….

 

Wait a minute… was that her?

 

 

 

Fate bring people together.

That is what I believe.

Let's wait and see what will happened next.