Chapter Three

When I Look at the Stars

“Sorry I’m late ahjumma! Class ended late just now.” Jiwoo bowed. Kimsook ahjumma smiled and said, “It’s okay my dear. It’s not peak hour yet anyways. For now, go and help me hang up this new poster at the front door.”

“Yes, ma’am!” Jiwoo exclaimed and quickly took the poster and a ladder for her to climb and hang the poster that says, ‘try our new Banana and Chocolate Tart for just 1,000 krw!’

 

A pair of eyes kept observing the whole scene with anger.

He loathed the smile on her face.

He loathed that she still can be happy after all that had happened.

He loathed everything about her.

 

Jiwoo felt the presence and tried to look around. She found nothing and no one. She continued with her work and when she was getting down from the ladder, she accidentally missed a step, lost her balance and slipped. However, instead of feeling her body in pain, she felt arms around her body. Jiwoo opened her eyes and saw him. Jiwoo was dumbfounded. Dujun was looking at her right in the eyes. “K…Ko…komawo.” Jiwoo stumbled on her words. Dujun put her down and without any replies, he left. Leaving Jiwoo with full of curiosity.

 

“It’s him!” Jiwoo was still in shocked. “How did he know I am here? Why did he help me?”

 

“! I should have let her fall and hurt herself! Pabo!” Dujun cursed himself for being such a busybody. He was about to leave at that time but somehow, his legs would not budge away and he stayed. That is when he saw Jiwoo was trying to get down the ladder and slipped. What he knew next was that he was carrying Jiwoo and preventing her from falling. “Yahh, Yoon Dujun! Why did you do that!!” Dujun said to himself.

 

At the same time, Yong Junhyung saw the whole scene and was stunned.

After finished washing up, he quickly went out to find out where Jiwoo is working. “This little sister of mine. Always making me worry!” He fastened his steps and found the bakery where Jiwoo is working. “Yahhh, Yong Ji…” he saw Dujun running towards her sister and saved her from the fall. He was taken aback and got very worried on what Dujun will do to his sister. Knowing that Dujun has a very bad temper, Junhyung was getting ready to save her sister from him. However, Dujun kept still for a few seconds and walked away.

 

“Why… Dujun?” Junhyung was confused.