Chapter Ten

When I Look at the Stars

“ Yaisshh, follow me!”

“Let me go, Yoon Dujun!”

“Never.”

Oppa, where are you..... Jiwoo prayed hard in her heart to have Junyung to rescue her quick from the merciless Dujun.

When they reached the empty stairway, Dujun let Jiwoo’s arm go and said, “Yahh, you better know your place, Jiwoo. It’s fate that brought you, me and Junhyung here in the same school. I will make both of your lives suffer. Losing your parents to an accident can’t even compare to what I’ve gone through knowing that my own best friend’s parent was the one who killed my father. I will make you suffer till the day I die. Mark my words Yong Jiwoo.”

Dujun finished his sentence, tried hard to stop his tears from falling and stared into Jiwoo’s eyes.

For a moment, Jiwoo sensed a vulnerable side of Dujun. She felt the melancholy in Dujun’s voice.

Dujun knew that his tears could fall anytime so he turned away from jiwoo and left her.

 

"Mianhae, Dujun-ah."

Junhyung who was eavesdropping from outside of the stairway door said to himself. When he was sure that Dujun had left, Junhyung went to Jiwoo slowly. He saw Jiwoo was squatting down face down. She was crying. Junhyung squatted down and said, “Jiwoo yah, oppa mianhae. I have brought this upon you. I just wish I could turn back time and correct this. Mianhae, jeongmal mianhae.” Junhyung who tried to control his emotion failed and started to sob.

Jiwoo’s anger towards his brother faded as she heard his sob. “Oppa, what had happened is none of your fault.Stop blaming yourself. Please. It’s fate. Just like he said, its fate that brought the three of us together in this school. I’m sure we can get through this. Appa and omma are watching over us, right?"

Junhyung kept repeating his words, mianhae mianhae mianhae Dujun-ah.

 

Jiwoo could not stop thinking about that pair of eyes that were filled with sadness a moment ago.

The merciless Yoon Dujun still has his soft side, right?