Chapter Eleven

When I Look at the Stars

Dujun knew that his tears could fall anytime so he turned away from jiwoo and left her.

 

“Damn it.” Dujun cursed at himself. “You almost showed your weaker side to her, Dujun! Brace yourself ! It’s just the beginning. You have a long way to go, Dujun. Buck up.”

Dujun walked down the aisle back to his class as the bell goes off a while ago.

When he entered the class, Mr Choi, the school’s principal was talking to their homeroom teacher, Mrs Lee. Dujun wanted to ignore them initially but his gut told him contrary.

“Yes, I am aware of that, Mr Choi. But they had just lost their parents and I am not that heartless to demand fees from them right now.” “I don’t want to know what their reasons are. Three months overdue and I have every right to suspend them from my school!” Then Mr Choi left.

Dujun clearly heard the conversation and a smirk appeared on his face.

Oh, you’re in big trouble.

 

Just then Junhyung entered the classroom. He solemnly greeted Mrs Lee and went to his seat.

What should I do with you and Jiwoo, Junhyung ah. Mrs Lee said to herself.

 

Junhyung steal a glance at Dujun while walking to his seat. Obviously, Dujun was staring at him with his infamous two piercing eyes. Junhyung could not withstand Dujun’s gaze, he looked away.

Mianhae Dujun-ah.

Siyoung who was getting ready for the lesson to start said without turning to Junhyung, “You better don’t let me catch you sleeping again, Yong Junhyung.”

“Whatever.” Junhyung laid his head on the table, ignoring Siyoung.

All Siyoung could do was sigh.

Pabo.

*********

After school, the Yong siblings were lying down on the veranda outside their house under the starry sky.

The merciless Dujun still has his soft side, right?

 “Oppa, why and how exactly did you become friends with that Dujun thug?” Jiwoo was so curious that she really had to ask his brother about it even though she knew that Junhyung will probably appreciate not making him recall the past.

There was a brief silence followed by a small chuckle before Junhyung replied, “Because it’s Dujun. And being Dujun, he was the craziest yet the most thoughtful person I have ever known.”

“Goshh, that was so tacky oppa!! Please stop.” Jiwoo stood up from her lying position and get away from Junhyung to express her disbelieve of his brother’s reply to her question.

“It’s true.” Junhyung smiled.

“Okay that’s it. I can’t take this anymore. I’m going to the bakery now to help Kimsook ahjumma.” Jiwoo gave a light punch on Junhyung’s lap and left.

“Yahh, it’s not even your shift tonight right? Why are you going then?”

“Annyeong oppa, saranghae!”

“Yahh, Yong Jiwoo!”

Aissh, this girl…

Junhyung checked his watch.

I still have time before reporting to work at 9 pm. Let’s enjoy the stars.

While admiring the stars, his mind wondered and memories came one by one.

 

“Yah, let go of Junhyung! Right now!”