Chapter Fifteen

When I Look at the Stars

Junhyung came back to reality and checked his watch.

I am sure missing my old best friend a lot and am late for my shift!

Junhyung grabbed his windbreaker and headed for his workplace. He might not have his best friend back, but he will definitely work hard to give comfort for his one and only family member he has left, his sister - Yong Jiwoo. He told himself that he can sacrifice anything for Jiwoo as long as he can keep her happy, safe and sound.

******

Back at the big yet empty house, Dujun was at the balcony outside his room wondering what is the next step for his mission will be.

How can I make their lives more miserable and unbearable? Should I get Haraboji’s help? He will definitely help me to go against the Yongs.

Dujun gave out a chuckled and started to drift to sleep believing that his days might be a little happier with what’s going to happen to the Yoon siblings especially with the outstanding fees from the school that they have yet and might never settled.

******

Next morning, Jiwoo and Junhyung walked to school. It is a 20 minutes’ walk from their rooftop house to the school. Both of them walk side by side, Junhyung with his earpiece stuck in both ears and Jiwoo still trying to pry on how Junhyung started being friends with Dujun even though she knew that they did live together with the Yoons for about five years. During that period, she was jealous of Dujun who had his brother’s attention most of the time. So Jiwoo would just looked from the side when both Junhyung and Dujun played soccer or XBOX.

“Oppa…” Jiwoo started off. “What is it again... You still can’t stop prying, can you?” Junhyung replied, his hand ruffling Jiwoo’s hair while keeping his gaze on the ground. “It’s not that, but I want really want to know why you stopped being friends wi ….” Jiwoo stopped asking when she heard someone called Junhyung’s name being called. “Yahh Yong Junhyung come quick!” Siyoung called over from the front of the school’s gate. Junhyung lifted his head and saw her waving at him. He smiled. Secretly.

“Oh, your girl is there calling out for you, oppa. You know, you should ask her out.” Jiwoo whispered.

“Stop it”. Junhyung said.

“Your gaze is always different when you look at her, oppa. I’m so jealous”.

“I said stop it. She might hear you”.

“If you can’t do it, I can ask her out for you.” And Jiwoo dashed towards Siyoung. “Unnie!!” Jiwoo looked back at Junhyung and gave a wink. Without thinking much, Junhyung rushed towards the two of them and covered Jiwoo’s mouth, “I think you need to head to class. NOW”. Junhyung glared at his sister. Jiwoo greeted Siyoung, “Unnie, I guess I’ll be seeing you more in the future”. Jiwoo winked before she left and made Siyoung wondered what was that all about.

When Jiwoo was out of sight, Siyoung then turned to Junhyung and said, “Good morning to our dearest Mr Yong. Mrs Lee wanted to see you before class starts today. I’m not sure why but maybe because she noticed that you have been sleeping too much in class and have not been submitting your homework on time. I have told you many times about sleeping in her class but you always igno…”

“Yahh, shut it down”. Junhyung cut her. He ruffled Siyoung’s hair before leaving her there dumbfounded. “Good.. luck then, I guess” Siyoung blushed.

 

What might Mrs Lee want from me? Hopefully not about the outstanding fees. Junhyung prayed hard.

 

 

Hi all. Sorry to have kept all of you waiting.

Hope you enjoy reading this new chapter.