Chapter One

When I Look at the Stars

After twenty minutes of staring blankly at the two graves, both of them left with heavy hearts.

 

 

"Appa, I'll miss you. Omma, you too. Take care out there. " Jiwoo said quietly in her heart.

"Can I really take good care of Jiwoo after this, omma, appa?" Junhyung thought in his mind.

They walk silently side-by-side back to their house. "Oppa, I'm starting to feel hungry. What shall we eat at home later? Should we just buy on our way home? Or should we just have ramen instead? Which one do you prefer?" Jiwoo said while trying to keep her tone as lively as she could. However, Junhyung knew that his sister is really having a hard time. He kept quiet - still caught up with his problem on how to survive without having their parents around them anymore. Jiwoo continued, "oppa, is it just me or is my brother turning deaf? " Jiwoo ends with a small cuckle.

"Yahh, stop being so lively and bubbly when I know you are not in the mood, " Junhyung said while holding Jiwoo's shoulder - making them stop walking for a second. Junhyung looks at his sister in the eyes trying to find answers from it.

"Oppa, we'll miss them as long as we live. I know that we will be going through a hard time after this. But I also know that I have you to rely on. And you have me to lean on. I can trust you, right, oppa?" Jiwoo said with a glint of hope in her eyes. "We'll definitely work things out together!" She continues.

Junhyung held his sister's hands and said, "I'm not sure how easy or how hard our lives would be after this, but rest assured, I'm always here with you, Jiwoo-ah."

Jiwoo sighs in relief and briefly hugs his beloved brother and now the only family member she has. Both of them continue walking home holding hands.

 

"Appa, omma, everything will be alright, right?"