26th of August, Age 14

Life with Do Kyungsoo

I sat in my room looking over the window, watching intensely a group of built men all dressed in baby blue suits unload a truck full of furniture into the house next to ours. I knew what was happening since Uncle Yixing had explained it to me.

I sat there for a good half an hour while everyone walked by me or around me to get something, but never bothering me. They wouldn’t be able to talk to me, at time like those. I wasn’t really there, sometimes.

I mean, I was there. It’s just that my mind was somewhere else. Some call it “daydreaming”.

After half an hour of unloading furniture, a car pulled by the driveway in front of the house almost identical to mine and a family of 4 came out. A small and a little chubby woman holding a really tiny baby in her arms, a slightly taller man carrying with trouble two suitcases of what would probably be clothes, and a boy, a slim and average tall boy, his hair extremily black and his eyes equally as dark, and he was holding a maternity bag.

He looked around the garden, then back at the car, back to the garden and then his eyes looked up to meet mine. And with that, I jumped back and closed the curtains quickly, holding in a gasp, eyes as wide as Kyungsoo’s.

At the time I didn’t know, but that boy was my first crush ever.

I ran to the kitchen where Uncle JongDae and Kyungsoo were having a civilizied conversation, for once. They were most likely preparing snacks for everyone before they had to pack up and leave for another round of schedule, which meant that Manager Ahjusshi was going to take care of me for the time being.

I wanted to meet the boy and talk to him.

“Hi, princess. What are you up too?” Kyungsoo asked, pulling me into a quick hug before turning back to the oranges that needed to be peeled.

I hopped onto the counter in hopes of getting to talk to Kyungsoo face to face since I was quite short, but he scolded me immediately and I had to drop back down.

“Let the girl be, Kyung.” Uncle Jongdae smiled at me, ruffling my hair just enough to turn it into a complete mess. At this, Kyungsoo huffed.

“The counter is dirty. So, have you spied enough on the neighbors for today?” Kyungsoo turned his head to look at me, but his hands never stopped peeling the orange I was now craving.

“I wasn’t spying on them! I was just curious!” I smiled innocently, sneakily stealing a cube of apple from the plate.

“Details.” Uncle Jongdae simply declared. And so, I started.

“Family of four. Short and slightly chubby woman carrying a baby, I would say she gave birth recently. Taller man that appears not to be that strong. Older son, probably my age, definitely taller than me.” I finished proudly, stealking another cube of apple as a self reward.

“Impressive.” Uncle Jongdae nodded in approaval. Kyungsoo simply chuckled.

“And you say it wasn’t spying!”

I laughed, running back to the living room and jumping onto the couch where my blanket and frog plushie were ready to cuddle me while I watched SpongeBob. I was probably too old for that but it never failed to amuse me.

“Maybe we should bake them some cake and welcome them to the neighborwood. It would be nice.” Kyungsoo said while approaching me with a plate of oranges and apples cut into cubes.

He put the plate down on the coffee table in front of the couch and I immediatedly started munching on a cube of apple.

“That’s a good idea!” I nodded, totally approving the idea. If we took the cake to their house, they would probably let us in and I could probably talk to the eldest son and make a new friend.

But unfortunately, the cake was not going to be done today, since as soon as Kyungsoo tidied up the kitchen, they all had to leave. It was to be expected that after 12 years of schedules, they wouldn’t be so busy all the time. But boy, was I wrong! They still did interviews and talk shows. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had their own radio show and JongIn, Yixing, Sehun and Luhan taught trainees some of their old routines once in a while. Kris was on his honeymoon in the Caribbean and Minseok was taking jobs here and there so he could finally open his own café. Jongdae was a treasured singer, still attending singing shows regularly and performing alongside Yixing on the piano. I was extremely happy for them, and they seemed happy too.

I still lived with the eleven of them (since Kris was planning on moving with his wife to a house of their own, but that was totally fine) and it seemed like I would keep on living with them for a while. Tao and JongIn were nowhere near marriage. Sehun had dated this girl once, but a few months back, she stopped showing up. They all in general had been together with someone, but never went more ahead than dating (except for Kris, but that guy is crazy).

Not even Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo didn’t even date anyone. Never. And I didn’t understand why.

Anyways, I wanted to date now, and I wanted to date that boy I just met. He looked pretty cool and at least seemed like a caring brother. So I was determined to meet him and get to know him!

I would bake the damn cake myself!