8th of September, Age 9

Life with Do Kyungsoo

“Are you serious right now? The kid needs this, Kyungsoo!” Jongdae yelled at Kyungsoo that just kept ignoring him and dressed me in a baggy grey hoodie, patting my neatly styled hair down afterwards. He always put so much effort in my hair, it was amusing and annoying sometimes.

“Manager hyung is coming in 10 minutes. She doesn’t need that, Jongdae.” I turned around in Kyungsoo’s grip and launched at JongIn’s open and awaiting arms. He swanned quickly with me in his hold before sitting on the couch and sitting me on his lap, asking me if I had slept well. Behind him, Yixing poked my cheek, making me squirm and whine.

“She’s not a baby anymore! She’s nine years old, Kyungsoo! Not the sick three years old we had before. When are you going to realize that?” Jongdae huffed angrily before storming away to the room he shared with Minseok and Yifan.

Kyungsoo massaged his forehead and sighed loudly, making me shift in JongIn’s lap to take a look at him. He looked frustrated. That made me feel uneasy.

Kyungsoo and Jongdae were the only ones I’ve ever seen fighting in this house. And I never really realized why, since I was a child. But whenever they fought, Kyungsoo would get more and more worried about something. Mama would often come here to talk to him because of that, I assume.

There was a hard knock on the door and Baekhyun immediately got up and rushed to the door, appearing back in the living room with manager ahjusshi. JongIn put me down on the floor and I rushed to the man, keen on telling him how well I had done my homework and this time, without anyone’s assistance.

“You’re early, ahjusshi!!”

“There wasn’t any traffic today! Guys, the van is waiting for you downstairs. Joonmyun, I left you the schedule for today, I’m counting on you, alright? Yifan, make sure to help Joonmyun whenever he needs. Kyungsoo, leave her to me, she’ll be fine, you can stop now.”

While manager ahjusshi told the guys how their day was going to go, Kyungsoo frantically fixed my outfit and kissed my cheeks and forehead.

“I left snacks ready in the fridge, the door to my room is open if you need anything from the bathroom, manager hyung will call me every 2 hours and I want you to talk to me, okay? No excuses this time. And I mean it, missy. Mama will come by the end of the day if I’m still not home, okay?”

I nodded quickly, wanting to desperately just run to my room and show manager ahjusshi my perfectly made homework. But Kyungsoo had me locked in a tight hug. I always felt like it was the most normal thing. To be hugged tightly by him, I mean. But now I know better.

“Kyungsoo!” Sehun called from the front door, holding it open patiently. I guess the others had already left.

Kyungsoo got up and fixed my hoodie one last time before rushing off with a wave, to which I waved back just aas excitedly. Finally, I could show my homework.