2nd of November, Age 16

Life with Do Kyungsoo

 

I raced back home as fast as I could with Suhyun behind me, panting heavily and whining loudly for me to slow down. I didn’t pay attention to him at all, focusing simply on getting home to tell Kyungsoo about what happened today at school. I was so excited I wanted to scream in joy and have a gag attack, like Uncle Chanyeol called it.

I squealed in happiness seeing our houses in the distance, slowing down enough to grasp Suhyun’s arm and make him run faster. I opened the door for us and we busted in, Suhyun flopping onto the ground while I ran around looking for Kyungsoo.

“Kyungie, Kyungie!” At my call, he came running from upstairs, eyes wide in surprise and confusion.

“You’re 15 minutes early, did something hap – “

I cut him off with a breathtaking hug, squealing till my heart was content. I noticed him looking over at a still recovering Suhyun, silently asking for some king of explanation.

“She got elected…” Suhyun took another shaky breath “… as the president of the student council…” And with that, he collapsed onto the ground, a little more collected but still sweating bullets.

At his explanation I proceeded to squeal all over again, this time rummaging through my backpack for the diploma and showing it to Kyungsoo with a wide proud smile. I had worked so hard for the position, it was even ridiculous. I had to be involved in every single activity the school offered and show my leader ship to my classmates and others, I made sure to always check the classroom for forgotten items and storing them so that the owners could retrieve them the next day. It was a fight against other people interested for nearly a semester. But I had done it.

Kyungsoo smiled as widely as me, grabbing me tight before lifting me up as best as he could. I wasn’t a baby anymore. I grew to be taller than Kyungsoo by only a bit, but I was still taller.

“I’m so proud of you! We should call Mama and let her know the good news! I’m sure she’ll come running in no time and we’ll have a feast for dinner.” We both chuckled, turning back to stare at Suhyun still laying in the entry, although not panting anymore.

“Suhyun, you should invite your parents and your brother! I’ll call the rest and invite them too!”

I nodded excitedly, squealing in happiness at the promise of seeing my uncles again. I had seen them quite recently at Minseok uncle’s marriage, but because I was so used to having them around, seeing them once in a while was hard.

They had all moved on a lot or a little, depending on the person. Uncle JongIn and Uncle Sehun, for example, hadn’t moved on that much. They were still immature and far too childish to maintain a stable relationship. They had tried, though, and the girls were cute and friendly, but you had to be an absolute angel to put up with tornado Sekai.

Uncle Kris was the first to get married, then a couple years after, Uncle Yixing also got engaged and a few months later, married. Uncle Luhan had been engaged to this pretty Chinese lady that was the same age as Kyungsoo, and I liked her lots. She knew the basics of my language but that never stopped us from shopping until we couldn’t walk. Most of the times we just admired the clothes and left, but she was always available for a real shopping trip when new seasons started.

Uncle Jongdae had dated for a while, but he was convinced that the one for him still hadn’t met him. So he had convinced Uncle Tao - who was also not lucky in the love business – to a trip around the world, and away they went.

Uncle Chanyeol was forever married to music. After the EXO fever had cooled down, some of the members still did interviews, sometimes photo shoots and even talk shows. But Uncle Chanyeol never came down from the fever. He pursued the company’s president for a whole year to give him his own radio show, and after a year of Chanyeol stalking the president, he got what he wanted.

Sometimes he even had Uncle Baekhyun over for an audio gag show. When it was just the two of them, the radio show was even better than with just Chanyeol and sometimes guests. But Uncle Baekhyun was getting ready for his first baby, so the duo hadn’t had much time for doing shows together. But it wasn’t the end of those two, lord no. They still couldn’t be away from each other for long and they did love each other. That was proved when Baekhyun asked Chanyeol to be his baby’s godfather. Uncle Chanyeol was moved to tears.

Kyungsoo poked me out of my daze, instructing me to go and invite Suhyun’s parents while he talked to Mama. I entrusted the shiny diploma to him before running back and dragging Suhyun with me.

“Wait, wait, I need to tell you something!” Suhyun yelped, stumbling in all his steps, still tired from the run.

I sighed, although not the slightest bit annoyed, simply extremely amused.

“What is it, Hyun? We’re almost there, see? Stop whining” I further by poking his ribs, making him squirm and laugh.

“This is serious! Let’s put our serious faces on”

With a snap of his fingers, we turned as serious as two childish 16 years old could get. He smiled and hugged me, surprising me enough to make me gasp.

“I didn’t congratulate you earlier because you just took off on a sprint so I’m doing it now! Congratulations for winning, president”

I instantly hugged him back, smiling as widely as I could. I was radiating happiness today, and this was just the perfect closure to the perfect day.