3rd of September, Age 3

Life with Do Kyungsoo

That day, I didn’t feel as good. My tummy hurt and my head was heavy. The sun hitting my face didn’t feel good at all like it usually did. It hurt so much, I even started crying when Kyungsoo opened the curtains completely. He was by my side in a fraction of a second, but I payed him no mind. Everything hurt so I cried harder.

“Sehun! Call manager hyung!! My baby’s sick!” I heard Kyungsoo screaming by the door frame and chocked on a sob. He ran back to my side and tilted my head, pacing his hand gently underneath.

Somehow, my coughs calmed and in a matter of minutes, manager ahjusshi was right beside me, caring me like a newborn baby into the companie’s car with Kyungsoo trailing behind him. The tears kept streaming down my sore baby eyes and I felt like I was dying.

“You’ll be okay, baby… I’m here” Kyungsoo whispered brokenly in my hair still in a messy ponytail he always insisted on doing before cuddling me in bed. I kept my arms wrapped tightly around his neck, afraid that if I let go, he would disappear and let me alone.

I was only three years old, and I didn’t know better. But one thing I knew for sure was that I was terrified of hospitals.

So when we arrived, and I knew we had, my tears started rolling faster out of panic. Kyungsoo carried me inside, trying his best to ignore the pain-filled sobs I kept releasing into his shoulder.

Somewhere further away from us, I hear manager ahjusshi talking to a nurse that came rushing to mine and Kyungsoo’s side.

“Are you the father?” She asked, trying to get a look at me, but I refused, angrily shoving my head underneath Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Yes, I am.” Until that day, I had never heard Kyungsoo speak so seriously.

“Follow me. This girl needs to be examined quickly. “

And examined I was. But I didn’t let them do it without putting up a fight. They drove Kyungsoo away and started taking my shirt off, touching me with their freezing cold hands. I cried and screamed and squirmed like I was being killed and tortured, but in the end, they managed to drug me, and I fell unconscious.

Hours later I woke up feeling sticky and constricted. My eyes felt crusty and I had a cough stuck in my throat that started to hurt after a while. When I did cough, my lungs broke out into flames, making me tear up with the pain. Every breath was a struggle and I was scared.

But then, Kyungsoo came inside the room and ran to my side. He had puffy eyes and red cheeks joined by a red nose. He looked like a mess. Behind him, the rest of the guys came in, each of them with a frown on their worried features, which made me squirm uncomfortably. Why did they all look so scared?

“You have pneumonia, baby girl…but you’ll be fine. We promise you” Said Joonmyun, gripping my tiny hand into his much bigger, though not as big as Yifan’s hand. His hand was so much warmer than mine… I felt like a corpse.

I remember feeling lost. Everything hurt and I was unable to focus. When the doctor came in and told all the members present that I would have to remain in the hospital for a month, Kyungsoo started crying all over again. It was serious. We all knew that. Even my three years old self.

From then on, my health was never the same. And Kyungsoo became a thousand times more protective of me.