24th of December, Age 7

Life with Do Kyungsoo

I couldn’t wait anymore. I couldn’t hold myself in anymore. I had to do it. I had to. They looked so tempting, teasing me greatly under the soft, colorful lights. They were calling me by the name. The full name. And if there is something Mama taught me is that when I’m called by my full name, business’s serious.

I sneaked behind the couch and admired them from afar. So pretty. So big. So mine.

“KYUNGSOOOOO!!”

My eyes widened and got just as big as Kyungsoo’s when Sehun’s voice rumbled through the whole house. Crap. Bull crap. Bull crap on a stick.

I’ve been caught.

Again.

Before Kyungsoo could come down to nag at me, I made a run to my room, closing the door in despair and hiding under the blankets. ( like they would protect me from an annoyed Kyungsoo)

It wasn’t my intention to annoy him! It was my intention, though, to take a sneak peak at the presents under the Christmas tree. But that never went as planned.

And to make things worse, the EXO members were all staying here until New Year’s eve.

Sure, they could be awesome sometimes. Specially Chanyeol. Gosh I love that guy. He’s one of the few members that amuses me and keeps me not bored. I would say that after Kyungsoo, he’s the one I spend more time with.

Sometimes I liked Sehun. But only when he was nice and took me to places so I wouldn’t feel as lonely. I wasn’t allowed to leave the house without one of them, so loneliness was a frequent companionship. Though, I never told that to anyone. But I think most of them understood.

Sometimes I liked Luhan. He would spend some afternoons teaching me Chinese songs. Yifan would sometimes come along in the teaching process and make me speak to him only in Chinese. I liked those afternoons. When we went down to have dinner, Kyungsoo would always listen to my rambles in Chinese to Yifan with a proud smile, and that warmed my heart. I couldn’t go to school, neither could I be homeschooled. Kyungsoo didn’t trust strangers enough.

 

So they would try and teach me themselves. But most of all, Manager Ahjusshi was in charge of teaching me. Although it was never as fun as when Luhan and Yifan did it.

Sometimes I liked JongIn. We would frequently go camping in the backyard, make a bonfire and sleep in a tent we built by ourselves. We would tell each other horror stories but mine were always better than his. Though that came out as a bad thing since we got too traumatized by each other to sleep, so we just lay there, looking at the sky.

Sometimes I liked Baekhyun. Even though I hate sweets, he would often take me and anyone else that wanted to tag along to this really nice bakeries which only he knew of. He used to joke and tell me how he had a sweet’s-radar when I was younger. And I believe him, even today. Because really, the guy knew every good place to eat sweets.

Sometimes I liked Zitao. I couldn’t really engage in any physical activity because my health wasn’t that good to begin with, so Zitao would opt for taking me along with him and make me watch. Sometimes, in the middle of his training, he would stop to ask me a tactic question, to which I would normally ace with ease. After wushu practice, he would buy me this awesome crackers in animal shapes from the vending machine. And I was a er for those!

Sometimes I liked Minseok. When they got home from a hard practice, Minseok would be the first one to pat my head and say ‘Oppa’s back, kid’ in a cheerful voice. Every time. He was the wise, tiny, adorable but manly oppa to which I looked up to. He got homesick a lot in the beginning, and we all got affected by that. Though I never really understood homesickness, since this was my home. But I tried. I bought him candy and pocky when I went out with Kyungsoo shopping. And I bought it all with my own money. …The money Mama gave me as an allowance but it still counts!!

Sometimes I liked Joonmyun and Yixing. They were weird. All the time. Whether they were tired or fully energized, they were weird in my eyes. They both liked carrying me around and I hated it with a passion. They cooed and pinched my cheeks and swayed me around like a baby all the time. Like, who does that!? But, I liked it when they cuddled me in my bed and told me pretty and scary fairytale stories when Kyungsoo didn’t have enough time or was still out working. Mama normally calls around bed time story and sends me a good night kiss. Also, she gives Joonmyun and Yixing a new topic every time for a new and fresh story to lull me to sleep.

Sometimes I liked Jongdae. He was probably the only one that stood up for me and told Kyungsoo I’m not a little child anymore so I can go to school like a normal kid. He tried…he really did. And I was so grateful for that. But not even Jongdae can make Kyungsoo change his mind about sending me off to school. But in general, he understood my needs and desires. He promised me a pony. I’m still waiting for it.

But the one and only in my small heart was Kyungsoo. I know he’s not my daddy or my brother. Mama tried to hide it from me but as Luhan says “She’s a smart kid.” I knew I didn’t belong with them. But I was happy here, so I wanted to stay here forever and ever. Even if Kyungsoo nagged at me and even if the others babied me. I loved them and wanted to stay.