Chapter Six

The New Boy

Warning: Nothing graphic or detailed, but a few ual implications at the end. Hopefully it doesn't bother anyone! And thank you for all of the support guys! <3

------------------------------------------

It was hard to come to terms with these feelings. He never thought he could be attracted to a boy. He was only ever attracted to girls before Jason came along.

He didn’t know what to think or what to do about it. Confess? Wait a little? Get over it? He would have asked the other members for advice, but he had made the conscious decision not to tell them.

The rest of the members had always felt guilty that they left JR alone. While BaekRen and MinRon were happy together, JR had no one. While BaekRen and MinRon slept in the same room, JR slept alone. While BaekRen and MinRon were going out on dates in their free afternoons, JR would spend it playing video games alone. While BaekRen and MinRon would hug and kiss and cuddle, JR would sit there with his arms crossed in the corner as he watched them. JR knew that if he tells them about his developing feelings for Jason, they would be overly meddlesome and intrusive. They would do anything in their power to get them alone and it would be awkward for JR. He wanted to go about this on his own, so he starkly denied any feelings he had for Jason to the other members.

Pretty soon, the members stopped prying him about it as well, eventually believing that JR was dead straight and would never be attracted to Jason.

When the van arrived, their manager was in it, on his phone dialing a number.

“He’s been acting weird since last night,” Ren whispered to JR. “Always trying to reach someone.”

JR blinked and later it hit him what Ren was talking about.

The prank call.

JR tried to act natural and stop his face from showing hints of recognition as he ascended into the van. He avoided looking at the manager, but when he glanced for a moment, he saw the manager’s eyes burning with intense contempt. Did he figure it out?

The ride there was quiet, with the exception of Minhyun and Aron who were mumbling to each other. The manager would keep going to his phone to call someone, and would hang up in frustration when it reached the dial tone.

JR was suddenly extremely nervous at the prospect of being caught.

What was I thinking? He dearly regretted giving Jason the number. He didn’t know why he expected the manager to just forget about the prank. He didn’t know why he didn’t consider that the manager would keep searching and calling until he gets to the person who pranked him.

What made everything even worse was that he had to share a room with the manager because MinRon and BaekRen needed their own room. The last thing he wanted was to be alone with a suspicious, angry manager.

JR would have asked one of the couples if he could spend the night in their room, but he didn’t want to . He knew the couples rarely had nights alone, and he didn’t want to interrupt. He it up and decided to go through with the torturous night with the manager.

When they were in the hotel room, JR tried his best to keep himself occupied, so that he wouldn't be conscious of the manager’s prying eyes, or his attempts at connecting to Jason’s number…

As JR was pretending to look over their schedule, the manager talked to him for the first time since he yelled at him the day before.

“Did you learn the rap?” the manager asked apathetically.

JR nodded.

“Did Jason teach you?”

JR nodded.

“What else did you guys do?”

JR shrugged.

“I got a call yesterday, from a woman, who somehow got my number. She asked me to go to this apartment, and when I went, I found an elderly lady. She called the police on me. The police took me to the station, and I explained what had happened. I was pranked.”

JR heart beat with raging intensity as the manager eyed him suspiciously.

“I’m going to ask you once, and if you answer truthfully, there will be no consequences for you at all. But if you lie, and I prove that you did, mark my words you will regret the moment you lied.”

JR broke under the pressure. He bowed 90 degrees to the manager. “I take full responsibility!” JR said. “I am so sorry, hyung! I was angry yesterday, and sad, and I acted out of spite and decided to prank you. I was wrong and irresponsible and I promise to never do it again! I’m sorry for all of the inconvenience it has caused you!” he said. He was careful not to mention Jason, not wanting to get the new member in trouble. JR stayed in that bowing position for a long time, so he couldn’t look up to see the manager’s expression.

“Who was it that spoke to me? Was it Jason?” the manager asked. It was then that JR stood upright, to see a look of malice etched across his face.

“No,” JR lied.

“Don’t lie to me, JR. It was Jason, wasn’t it?”

“It was me,” JR insisted.

“It was not your voice. I’m not stupid, Jonghyun.”

“He spoke, but it was all my fault…”

“Stop defending him, Jonghyun! He’s rude and disrespectful and he obviously coerced you into pranking me. I know you wouldn’t do it on your own, and I know he had something to do with it. As I promised, nothing will happen to you, so relax. Him, on the other hand. He broke one of the rules in his contract. He was being disrespectful to staff members. That makes his contract eligible for termination…”

JR bowed again, “please, hyung. Please forget about it! I promise this will not happen again. Please, I’ll give you anything.”

The manager eyed JR pensively for a moment. “I’ve been since yesterday,” the manager said, “since I expected a certain ‘Shouyin’ in my bed last night.”

JR did not understand the implication so stared blankly at the manager.

“Do I have to spell it out for you?” the manager spat when he saw how clueless JR looked, “I won’t confront Jason, I won’t report him to the CEO or the higher authorities of the company if you satisfy me. With your hands and mouth of course.”

The light in JR’s eyes died for a moment. “Hyung,” he said softly, looking pleadingly up at the manager. “Please.”

“I’m not asking for much, JR. If you don’t agree, I will call the CEO right now and tell him of…”

“Okay, I’ll … I’ll do it,” JR voiced with a stutter. The manager grinned triumphantly.