Chapter Twenty-One

The New Boy

The days passed all too quickly for JR, and he realized with dread that promotions in China were ending. The prospect of not seeing Jason everyday saddened him like nothing else ever could.

“Don’t be sad, little brother,” Jason said when JR expressed this to him, “I’ll visit you guys a lot! Plane tickets from China to Korea are cheap!”

Somehow that did not make JR feel any better.

As JR’s time with Jason passed, the date of their flight back to Korea was approaching all too quickly. They made the most of the time. Eventually they even convinced their manager to let JR switch places with Ren and dorm together permanently.

They eventually told the other members. They were sitting round a table eating dinner, and Jason nudged JR to indicate that this was the perfect time. They held hands under the table, and JR cleared his throat and told them that he and Jason were a couple.

At first, no one seemed to believe (except Minhyun). They all thought this was a joke, because really what are the odds that straight JR would just happen to fall in love with the new member after the rest of the members had already formed couples with each other? They thought it was just their attempt at being funny.

The disbelief was funny for Jason and JR, and Jason decided to prove it to them by kissing JR right in front of them. JR kissed him back immediately. When they pulled away, the shocked looks on the members’ faces were priceless.

The revelation was met with shock at first, and then happiness and congratulation, quickly followed by a series of teases and suggestive winks. Everyone was happy that day. They were smiling and laughing and playing, and JR wished this feeling would last forever. He was happy. s were happy, and it was just perfect.

He knew the happiness on his part would end when he woke up the morning he was to travel back to Korea. He was in Jason’s arms, and Jason was still sleeping peacefully with smile on his face. JR decided to just stare at Jason until he wakes. He knew he wouldn’t be able to do that the following morning.

Jason woke up to the sight of JR with a mellow yet sad expression on his face. Jason pulled JR closer and hugged him.

JR tried his best not to cry that morning, but that failed quickly as he was gathering the last of his belongings and packing them. Jason cuddled him out of his tears, and they played their last video game before the van had come to take him to the airport.

The manager urged that Jason not come with them, not wanting the responsibility of taking him back to the dorm, but Jason absolutely insisted. In the van, Jason thanked all of the members for everything, for taking him in as another member, for treating him equally, for just being a friend to them when he needed friends. Ren ended up crying, and Minhyun seemed as if he was about to.

When they finally got to the airport, the manager instructed that Jason stay inside. He knew there were fans waiting outside to take their pictures, and Jason was not dressed for it. They had to say goodbye in the van. Each member hugged Jason and said goodbye to him before they went out. JR was the last one.

“I love you,” JR told Jason as they hugged. JR had said that phrase to Jason a couple of times now. Jason smiled, and then planted a kiss on his boyfriend’s forehead. He pulled away and held eye contact with JR for a moment.

“I love you too,” Jason responded in hushed whisper.

And that was the first time Jason ever said it.

---------

A/N: AND IT'S DONE. And now for one of those long cliche author's notes!
Thank you so much for reading this until the end! I was just so happy to see that people were enjoying this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

I might write more JSon in the future. Writing this story made me ship this so hard haha. Maybe a sequel. When NU'EST-M starts promoting again :D

But for now, I'm going to go back to my original OTP, MinRon, and start working on this story right here! Do check it out.

Also, there is this one story that I've written that is my favorite of anything I have ever written ever. It features BaekMin. I know not many people ship it, but I really do think it's one of my best. Check it out if you have time?

Enough of my shameless advertising! But please do comment and tell me what you thought of the entire story in general! Thank you <3