Chapter Seventeen

The New Boy

When the police arrived to the scene, they handcuffed the manager, and led hurt JR to be interrogated. Jason had broken rib and so could not stand. He had to be hospitalized. After the interrogation, it was decided that the manager would be jailed and then sent back to Korea to be dealt with there.

JR was sent to hospital after the interrogation, seen to be quite hurt himself from the beating of raving manager.

When the sponsors heard of this, they backed out of their sponsorship. JR didn’t blame them. He realized just how discourteous it was of them to excuse themselves from a dinner they had been invited to and get in a fight with someone. He and Jason apologized profusely when the sponsors had come to visit them in the hospital after the failed dinner.

Even though they didn’t get the sponsorship, they were all happy. Minhyun, Aron, Baekho and Ren were ecstatic that the videos were gone, that they avoided a huge scandal and a detriment to NU’EST’s reputation.

Within a couple of days, JR had healed enough to be able to practice although there were bruises on his body. Jason had not. NU’EST halted all activities until Jason recovered.

JR spent a lot of the time with Jason in the hospital. They used the time to talk, to learn about one another, to have deep, intimate conversations about their lives and experiences. Sometimes, Jason would ask JR to close the door of the hospital room and then would pull JR over him and engage him in one of the kisses that JR loved so much.

Once, JR asked him the question he was dying to ask him for a long time.

“What do you think of me?” JR asked hesitantly. Even though Jason was his boyfriend, he never said ‘I love you’ to JR. He never said anything to indicate that he returned JR’s feelings.

“I think you’re the coolest leader, who’s cute and handsome and one of the most goodhearted people I’ve ever known,” Jason responded.

JR wanted to straight out ask him “do you love me?” but he felt that the question was intrusive and desperate.

“Are you… over Ren?” JR asked.

Jason nodded, “I am. I was over Ren the moment I agreed to be your boyfriend.”

“What about Leo?”

Jason hesitated and sighed before saying, “I want to be 100% percent honest with you: it will take time to get over him. You have to understand that Leo was my everything at one point, and it’s hard to get over a love like that.”

Although it hurt to know, JR was glad that Jason was being truthful. “I’ll wait,” JR told him.

“Good,” Jason said with a smile, “because I don’t think you’ll have to wait much longer.”

JR took that as a compliment.

Jason was discharged from the hospital a few days after, and NU’EST was back to schedules and interviews. Although Jason couldn’t do any hardcore cardio or anything, he was still able to attend the interviews after covering his face with make-up to hide the bruises.

One night, Jason got the permission again from his manager to dorm with JR for another night.

That night, they had a dinner date in a restaurant and then went to Jason’s dorm. After playing a couple of video games, JR wanted to do something else.

It was always Jason that started their making out sessions and consequently Jason always dominated and took control. JR liked that about Jason, but this time, he wanted to change things.

Jason was seated on his bed, taking of his socks when JR suddenly sat beside him and, for the very first time, initiated. He leaned in took Jason’s lips in his, catching Jason by surprise. Jason’s hands intinctively wrapped around JR’s waist, and he remained submissive as JR kissed him slowly, eventually causing Jason to fall back onto his bed, JR hovering over him.

It felt strange for JR to be in such a dominant position, though he enjoyed it, and enjoyed that Jason was letting him have his way. At one point, JR felt Jason’s hand rubbing his bare waist under his shirt, which gave JR a wave of pleasure as a new form of desire emerged within him.

When Jason’s phone began to ring in his pocket, JR found himself cursing at the caller. After a few rings, JR stopped kissing Jason and pulled away to see if Jason wanted to answer it.

“Carry on,” Jason told JR with a smile, “I can answer it later.”

JR felt too shy to do it again for some reason, so he just shook his head and pulled away from Jason. Jason looked regretful as he sat up and took the phone from his pocket to answer it.

“Hello,” Jason answered in way that was so clearly impatient. JR smiled in amusement.

JR’s amusement was soon replaced with curiosity when he watched Jason’s expression go from that of impatience to that of surprise. Jason was silent for a minute before finally saying something to the person on the other end of the line.

“I’m sorry; I’m just surprised… Now? … Of course, always. … I miss you too. So much.”

JR knew who it was. He could tell by the newfound light in Jason’s eyes, and by the slight smile on Jason’s lips that it was someone Jason loved.

“Leo is on his way here,” Jason announced.