Chapter One

The New Boy

They didn’t tell Jason much, mostly because they didn’t fully come to trust him enough to let him into their group secrets. They all tried their best to integrate Jason within the group, but it was hard considering the age difference and the language barriers. They could only speak so much Chinese, and he only just recently started learning Korean.

He was naturally ostracized from the group. When they would practice, they were all very shy and awkward. When Jason went to sleep in his hotel room, they would feel comfortable again and they would start fooling around as usual.

They weren’t planning to tell him, but he found out when he walked in on Baekho and Ren kissing in the bathroom. They were nervous he wouldn’t be accepting of this, that he would start hating on them and it would make the group dynamics worst then they already were.

Fortunately, Jason only gave them a smile and two thumbs up, apologizing for interrupting. He closed the door and told them to continue. JR asked him later if Baekho and Ren’s relationship made him uncomfortable and he laughed saying, “no, of course it doesn’t.”

Later, they told him about Minhyun and Aron too. They thought it was only appropriate he knew. Plus, Aron could no longer hold in the skinship during practice. Jason also accepted it with two thumbs up, not judging them in the least bit.

“Do you ever feel lonely?” Jason asked the leader one day when they were alone. “The rest of your group has formed couples, and you’re kind of just there.”

“We’re all close to each other though. So no, I don’t feel lonely.”

“Not even a little?” Jason asked.

“No,” JR said with a shrug. It was kind of a lie. Of course he felt lonely sometimes, when the two couples would spend the nights together or go on dates and stuff. But it’s okay; they were happy and that’s all that really mattered to JR.

“You’re a good leader,” Jason said, “you’ve really helped your group literally love one another. I think that’s really cool, and it’s cool that you’re supporting the couples that are forming. You five seem very close and I think you’re all adorable.”

“Thank you,” JR said with a blush.

“It’s just sad that I’ll never really be part of your group you know? I’m older. I’m Chinese. My Korean . We’ll never be really close. You all obviously hold back and become formal when I’m around…”

“I’m really sorry if we made you feel like that qianbei!” JR said, feeling guilty all of the sudden. (qianbei= sunbae in Chinese)

“Nah, don’t be. It’s only natural that this will happen,” Jason shrugged. “Still, I’m honored to be working with you.” Jason patted JR’s back and retreated to change.

-

Well turns out more people ship JSon then I thought! I got quite the number of subscribers 0.0

Anyways, enjoy the rest of the story! <3