Chapter Eleven

The New Boy

“I’m just as bad as your manager, aren’t I?” Jason asked JR the next day when he woke up.

“Of course not,” JR responded, but he knew why Jason would think that.

“I took advantage of you,” Jason said as he buried his face in his hands in frustration.

“It’s okay, hyung, really.”

“It’s not though. I just realized how messed up it was for me do that yesterday night. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I was tipsy and confused and an .”

“Hyung, I agreed, it’s okay. And I initiated too. And it’s not like I didn’t enjoy it,” JR blurted.

Jason didn’t seem to take the comment seriously. He just looked away from JR guiltily. The awkwardness lingered around them for a few more seconds, and JR couldn’t handle it. He approached Jason as Jason was sitting on the bedside and  hugged him.

“Hyung, don’t be like this. Let’s forget it, okay?”

“I’m sorry,” Jason said again, looking at JR with a sincere look of regret.

“It’s okay, hyung,” JR laughed, “really, I don’t feel bothered by it at all.”

Jason nodded. “Okay, let’s forget about it then.”

They spent the morning playing video games. There was more tension between then usual, and they played the video games more silently than usual. At one point, Jason just turned off the video game with a sigh, realizing that neither of them were having any fun because of the tense atmosphere that surrounded them.

“JR, do you like anyone?” Jason asked all of the sudden.

“Why?” JR asked, startled by the question.

“It’s just that I feel very bad for you. I think you’re lonely. Your members have all formed couples. You have people like me and your manager taking advantage of you and making you do things that only couples should do. You’re a nice person, and I think you need someone to fill the void, make you happy.”

“I’m fine, hyung.”

“Do you like someone though?”

JR shrugged, and Jason took that to be a yes.

“Is it someone I know?” Jason asked.

“Well, yes but…”

“From After School?”

“No.”

“The Hi Venus group?”

“It’s Hello Venus,” JR said laughing.

“So it’s one of them?”

“No,” JR said, it’s not.

“Liar! That red-head, she’s pretty hot, right?”

“No,” JR continued, smiling at Jason’s attempts at guessing.

“Then it’s the Lemon rapper. She’s cute.”

“No, it’s not Lime,” JR said with another chuckle, “The person is not from Hello Venus.”

“Is she an idol?” Jason pressed with an exaggerated face of determination.

JR decided to play the game with Jason. It was lightening the mood, and he wanted to do anything to get rid of the tension.

“Yes, an idol,” JR said.

“Is she from Pledis?”

“Kind of,” JR said.

“And not from After School or Hello Venus?”

“Yup.”

“Is it Dambi-noona?”

“No.”

“Kahi?”

“No.”

“One of After School’s previous members?”

“No.”

Jason narrowed his eyebrows curiously, “a trainee girl?”

“Nope,” JR said with confidence.

“I give up. Who is it?” Jason asked.

“Not telling,” JR said obnoxiously, looking at Jason whilst raising his eyebrows as if to unsettle him.

“Hey! Kim Jonghyun you are going to tell me who it is now and here!” he demanded playfully hitting JR’s shoulders.

JR raised his shoulders, making Jason restless.

“Hey! Come on, little brother! Tell me. It’s going to bother me until you tell me who it is!”

“Then you will be bothered for the rest of your life, Fulong Fei,” JR responded with a grin.

“JR,” Jason whined flailing his arms like a three-your-old would. “Please…” Jason begged putting his hands together and pouting.

“No.”

“Ok fine. What about this? We play a video game. If I win, you tell me who it is. If you win, I’ll give you five of any of my games to keep forever.”

“Five?” JR’s eyes widened. The offer was tempting. Five games? Games are so expensive, and JR barely had enough money to buy three in Korea. Jason was offering him five.

“So?” Jason said, grinning when he saw that JR was considering it.

“Okay,” JR said, raising his shoulders. Five games were worth risking heartbreak and embarrassment for JR. Five games. Five different worlds filled with action and adventure and escapism from reality. Five stories, five sources of enjoyment, five more things to do in his free time. It was worth it.

And so they played. The awkward tension from before was gone, and it was replaced but a different type of tension, the exciting tension, and the tension that propelled them both to do their best and play as they have never played before.

JR won.

He let out a sigh of relief when he did, glad that he didn’t have to confess to Jason. Jason smiled at JR, but it was a sad kind of smile. “Congrats, little brother,” Jason said. “Any five of the games are yours.”

“It’s… it’s okay hyung,” JR said, feeling bad that he made Jason look so sad all of the sudden, “I don’t want the games.”

“I’m not sad over losing the games, I’m sad over not getting to know who it is that you like. Do you not trust me? Why don’t you want to tell me?”

“Hyung, it’s complicated,” JR said, feeling guilty.

“Please tell me,” Jason asked again, with sincerity in his eyes.

“What about this? We’ll play again. If you win, I’ll tell you. If you don’t, you are not allowed to bring it up again.”

Jason took the opportunity in a heartbeat. Within seconds, they were playing again.

And this time, Jason won.

-----

>>>Everyone, do this!<<<

Click on that above link. If this happens for real, I will be so happy!