Chapter Twenty

The New Boy

JR had never felt so special to anyone. He had also never felt so relieved. He had also never felt so in love. He felt so much all at once towards Jason, and he didn’t even know how to express it. He wanted to say “thank you,” but that felt like such an insincere response. He wanted to say “I love you,” but that felt so inconsiderate to Leo. Consequently no words came out of his mouth. He sat there flushed and shy and unable to do anything to respond to what Jason had done. He could only break the eye contact and blush.

Leo was the person that reacted. He laughed slightly and said, “did I just confess my love to you in front of your boyfriend? Well, this is awkward.” He scratched the back of his neck and then turned and looked at JR. “You are a lucky guy, JR,” Leo told him.

JR nodded in agreement.

“I’m happy for the both of you,” Leo continued, “sorry about what I just did. I didn’t realize you two were together and all. Sorry!”

“Don’t worry about it; I didn't tell you so it was my fault as well,” Jason responded. JR could not help but notice a somewhat of a regretful look on Jason’s face. He looked a little sad, and unsatisfied. JR understood why Jason would feel that way. JR realized that he had just gotten in the way of Jason being with the person he loved, and he didn’t want that at all.

“Hyung,” JR turned and faced Jason, “if you love him, be with him.”

“JR, I…”

“No, I’ll be okay,” JR said, “really. I don’t want you to be held down by me.”

“You aren’t holding me down.”

“Yes I am. Just a few hours ago you told me that you need time to get over Leo. And here he is saying you don’t need to. I know you’ve dreamt of this. I know you still love him.”

“But I don’t want to be with him.”

“That makes no sense, Jason, and you know it. You’re only holding back for me, and I don’t want that. I want you to be happy. Disregard me and how I would feel. Live for yourself.”

“I would never disregard you, JR. Never. Not after everything you’ve done for me.”

“Well, I’m not going to let you pass this opportunity for a worthless guy like m…”

When Jason heard the word “worthless,” he cupped JR’s face and kissed him. Right in front of Leo, Jason kissed JR as passionately as he always had. And no kiss had ever made JR feel so special, so “un-worthless.”

When Jason pulled away, he looked into JR’s eyes and said, “You aren’t worthless. You mean the world to me, little brother. And I don’t want to be with Leo. I only want to be with you.”

JR blushed, and Jason pulled him in for a hug. They stayed liked this for a few seconds until Leo cleared his throat.

“You guys are cute together,” Leo said approvingly, “and I feel like I’m intruding here.”

“You’re not,” Jason assured.

“Yes I am,” Leo laughed, “I’ve been here for long enough anyways, so I’ll leave you two alone.”

After a few objections from Jason and insistence from Leo, it was decided that Leo wanted to go back to his own home.

As Leo was putting on his coat, her “thank you for having me today Jason. It was great to see you again. And I promise I’ll visit more often. And I won’t reject your calls anymore.”

Jason stood up to say goodbye and send him off, “that makes me so happy,” he told Leo sincerely.

“You know what makes me happy?” Leo asked Jason as he put on his shoes, “that you have someone to love and cherish,” Leo responded looking in JR’s direction and smiling.

When Leo left, Jason embraced JR and kissed him again. As the kiss progressed, JR felt a particular type of warmth engulf his body, and no longer did he feel so cold. The blanket that had been draped around his shoulders fell to the floor, and JR did not even notice.

Needless to say, it was a delightful night for both of them.