Chapter Fifteen

The New Boy

JR asked Jason not to tell the rest of the members about their newfound relationship just yet. The others were probably stressed out with the revelation that their own relationships will be publicized, and he didn’t want to throw this at them as well. One revelation at a time…

“What did your manager blackmail you with?” Jason asked JR.

“Videos, of Baekho and Ren kissing. And Minhyun and Aron…”

Jason looked struck with a wave of guilt as he realized that NU’EST’s reputation was hanging on whether or not JR would lie about him. He felt that maybe it would be selfish to expect JR not to do it.

“I fee like you should just… do it,” Jason said with a shrug, “my reputation is a lot less valuable then NU’EST’s.”

JR shook his head, “it’s okay, hyung. Anyways, if people start hating us for this, then I don’t want to be liked by such people anyways.”

Jason nodded and put his arms around JR. Jason realized how much he treasured the boy in his arms at the moment. He goes through so much for s, and is extremely selfless and pur. Jason wanted to make JR happy in however way he could.

-

Minhyun was the only one in NU’EST that had not yet come out to his parents. He called them that day to tell them, knowing it was better than waiting for them to hear it from the tabloids.

Minhyun was trembling as he greeted his mom when she answered. She asked him what was wrong, and he went straight into it.

She yelled and screamed and cried. Minhyun just listened idly and cried as he heard her reprimand him, and accuse him of being subservient to the devil, and of being a shame to society, of being too corrupted by the music industry. When she calmed down, she begged him to “stop being gay.”

Minhyun didn’t reply to her when she said that. She pressed him to talk to her, but no words came out of his mouth. He was torn between wanting to set his mother straight, and wanting to make ease her by doing what she was asking of him.

Aron took the phone from his hand, wanting to relieve Minhyun of the burden of needing to reply to his angry mother.

“Mrs. Hwang,” Aron called out to her calmly.

She hung up as soon as she heard his voice.

Minhyun was distressed after the phone call. He would cry silently at the prospect of losing his family’s love and support. No matter what Aron did to calm him, nothing seemed to work. Minhyun was saddest he had ever been ever

Later, Minhyun tried calling his mom and his dad, but they would ignore him. Only his older sister would answer him, telling him that she’ll try to talk to them. Whenever Minhyun called her, hoping for favorable news, she never had any.

It was a sad time for all of them. Minhyun’s depression brought them all down. JR and Jason could not even embrace their newfound relationship because of the stress that came with the prospect of the ruin of NU’EST, and the prospect that Minhyun would never smile again.

Things got better when Minhyun walked into their practice room, smiling for the time since he came out. He was holding his phone to his chest; he had just received a call from his parents, and they had given just MinRon their blessing.

When Minhyun broke the news to Aron in front of everyone, Aron was so happy he could not control himself. He hugged Minhyun with all of his might and then pulled back just enough to kiss his lips ferociously.

JR was smiling at the happy couple when Jason suddenly whispered in his ear, “when are we going to do things like that?”

JR blushed. He had almost forgotten that he was in a relationship with Jason. They haven’t done anything because of the stress they were subjected to and because they never had time alone.When they were in practices together, they would hug sometimes, and sit next to each other in the van where Jason would obscurely JR’s hand.

JR shrugged in response to Jason’s question. Jason smiled and held out his hand for JR to take. JR complied after some shy reluctance, and Jason pulled him out of the practice room. They went through the halls until Jason found an empty room, where he pulled JR inside and closed the door behind him.

“Hyung, we could get in trouble for being here,” JR said, aware that he was in a public building.

“It’ll only take a minute,” Jason, lightly pushing JR against the wall and stepping forward until there was only a few inches between them. JR felt his heart beat fast within his chest when Jason’s hand caressed JR’s face.

Jason then took JR’s chin and pressed his lips against JR’s, engaging him in their first kiss since they became a couple.