Tabi's Thoughts

Alien Couple's Tug-O-War Of Emotions

“Yo Hyung, how’s the clubbing scene in Singapore?” Taeyang slung his arms around Top’s shoulder once he entered the living room, dragging his dark blue suitcase along with him.

“It was great. The kwon twins have a crazy time with the girls.” Top replied.

“What about you? I thought the kwon twins wouldn’t stand a chance with the girls with you the ladykiller around.” Taeyang joked. He noticed Top didn’t seem particularly energetic. Normally, Gdragon and him would talk about their clubbing adventures excitedly.

“Nah.Let the kwon twins have their fun.I’ll go in and rest. Night bae.” Top removed his beret and shuffled into his room, leaving Taeyang standing along.

 

 

[Inside his bed room]

He removed his jacket and quickly changed into his pyjamas before collapsing on his bed.

Lying on his bed with his hands propped behind his head, Top stared at the ceiling. He had spent his Saturday having fun in Sentosa and Universal Studios, before ending his night in Zouk and Butter Factory. As usual, it didn’t take his fans very long to notice him. Before he knew it, he was already waving his hand and nodding at his fangirls. However his bottom was permanently glued to the cushion of the sofa as he downed his vodka. He declined Ji Hye’s invitation to party on the dance floor, encouraging the crew to go without him.

As he raised his glass, gazing at the liquid swirling between the rocks of ice, his mind drifted to a particular orangey brown haired noona. Just like how the liquid swirled, his brain swirled as he thought of her hand on his shoulder as she sang her part and how her eyes widened when he winked at her. If she knew about his secret fantasy, which is to lean in and captured her full lips everytime they did that Oh Yeah segment, she is bound to scream hysterically. Top can’t help but smiled.

Oh, but he was sore about not being able to hold her hand during the KMV concert. He had been anticipating it, since it’s another opportunity to hold her hand for another good three minutes. Stupid jiyong beat him to it.

 She didn’t even pull him towards her at the end of their performance. Top thought glumly.

Sometimes he do envy Taeyang. For being able to show his affection for Sandara freely. Not that he would want to show affection for Dara noona. He wanted to be like Taeyang, to be able to change his seat while on the plane, to the one beside his favourite noona. But he can’t. Who is he to do that? In the end, he could only stare at the black monitor screen, wishing that the plane seat in front of him is made of acrylic so that he could look at his Bom noona while she slept. Since that didn’t happen, he can only make do with what he has, which is to peep through the gap between the seats. It was a sleepless night for him, as he leaned over a couple of times to check on her, occasionally adjusting her blanket, making sure that she’s properly tucked in.

When they touched down, he had positioned himself beside her while his pabo noona continued to stare at the conveyor belt. He saw the look of glee in her eyes when she caught sight of her huge pink luggage with a stitch tag on it. Before he could control himself, his body had already took action, by moving over to hoist the luggage out of the conveyor belt for her. He knew she had turned abruptly to stare at him, while he stood there eating his banana. He had smiled to himself, when he heard a tiny “Komawo” as Bom noona trailed behind him.

Since he couldn’t be like taeyang, Top had to show his affection through other methods. He would hover around her, occasionally scaring her with weird sounds, sometimes messing up her favourite “apple” hair. As sadistic as it sounds, he loved to hear her squeal whenever she got irritated by him.

“Booyah!!” She had tried to slap his hand away when he attempted to poke her fake lashes.

“YAAAAH!!!Choi Tabi!!It hurts!” She had screamed when he kept tugging her funky earrings after he had plopped down beside her on the sofa. He had rested his arm on the sofa where she sat and purposely slanted his body towards her as he continued to tug at her earring. If a passerby looked from the back, he would have thought that it was the backview of a couple, with the guy’s arm around the girl, flirting away.Top was secretly enjoying the close proximity as she tried to wriggle away, pulling her earring away from his grasp.

 

Their tug of war stopped when KyunMi Unni came in with a box of cupcakes.

“Bommie ah, the FT island boys wanna pass this to you.” Top looked on as Bom peered into the box curiously. He followed her and saw twelve prettily decorated cupcakes. He made a mental note to buy Bom cupcakes once they go back to Seoul when he saw the look of joy on Bom’s face. His mood quickly dipped when the crew started to whistle and teased Bom about Hongki’s crush on her. He cracked his knuckles when as he looked at a flushed Bom waving her hands frantically, repeating “Aniyo..”.

 

“That damn boy.” Top thought, as he continues to peek at Bom, who’s munching at a chocolate cupcake with yellow frosting and blue fondant butterfly on it. “Mmmm…”Bom’s eyes crinkled as she gave a look of bliss.

 

“Alien, you want some?” Top’s eyes focused on her. She was looking at him earnestly with one cupcake in her hand. In normal circumstances, he would have done a mental dance of joy in his head, but not this time round. His Bom noona is offering him a cupcake which his opponent had given. No way in hell would he eat it. He rejected her offer and folded his arms, as he blew his perfectly coiffed hair in frustration. He wanted to shout and stop everybody from teasing his noona about Hongki. He glared at his maknae when Seungri said “Noona, look at you enjoying all the cupcakes. Hongki knows you so well. Shouldn’t you sing his favourite ‘You and I’ to thank him?”. Seungri wriggled his eyebrow suggestively, earning a squeal and a slap from Bom noona.

 

Top remembered himself gazing at her back as she strutted on her heels, going over to FT island’s lounge to thank them. Unwillingly, he had counted the amount of time she had spent there. The counting got him even more worked up.

 

That was why after the concert, he had suddenly announced his overstay in Singapore, and then got himself into a emo, moody mess when he saw the blank look on Bom’s face, when he didn’t get any reaction from her.

 

He thought she would ask him the reason of staying.

He thought she would ask him to go back with them.

He thought she would scream or complain.

 

She didn’t do anything. So he had spent an extra day in Singapore, going to places but not enjoying completely. Then, he was back in Seoul, his mind still swirling with the images of her.

 

“What has gotten into you, Choi Seung Hyun?” Top asked his ceiling.

“Oh Yeah.. Yeah..Yeah.”.His favourite noona’s voice filled the room. Top leaned over to take his handphone which was on his desk.

 

“YAH Alien! Heard you are back. How could you ditch us and went to play on your own? Huuul!”

Message received at 12.30am, from Bommie Noona <3

 

Top smiled as he read the message. Maybe his noona did care after all. He placed his phone beside the Emerald green box on his table and drifted into dreamland shortly after.