That "I'm the best" performance which you will never forget!

Alien Couple's Tug-O-War Of Emotions

it's one of the few rare times every year whereby all members of the yg family gather together to prepare for the annual yg concert.

(YG headquarters, Teddy's studios)

Top dropped himself onto the comfortable red velvet sofa and stretched himself out, with his legs crossed at the ankles.

Eyes concealed by a huge pair of retro black rimmed shades, a tuft of his newly dyed mint coloured hair escaped from the thick mustard beanie on his head, the alien of yg started grumbling.

"hyung,how could yg sajangnim rejected straight away?! I'm sure 'When I can't rap will be a hit? Fans would love it!geez.." Everyone present in the studio broke into laughters. jiyong was rolling on the floor, hugging his stomach.

Kush laughingly said "Seung Hyun, you think YG will let bom duet with you when u have "when I can't rap?"..it will probably be Cl doing the rap together with you?"

"nonono..I don't want fierce chae tiger!" Top shook his head repeatedly. 

Jiyong who was still on the floor, snatched the cushion on kush chair and hurled it at her bandmate.."Yah!whats wrong with chaerinnie?shes damn fine!"

"bommie is way better..the honey voice!" Top retorted, Almost immediately, Jiyong retorted. looking at the two younger males bickering non stop, teddy and kush crossed their arms and shook their heads.

" yg hyung definitely knows how to choose his yg ladies..look at these two goons..the girls easily got them!"teddy commented.

"Nah it's 3 out of 5 down already. You forgot our sunny boy who surrendered long time ago."kush mentioned.

"Their maknae is going to be even more lethal..I bet shes going to wrap both daesung and seungri round her fingers.


YG's signature flat voice boomed through the speakers. "Alright folks, everyone to the rehearsal studio now."

Command was given. Members all over the building immediately set off  to the venue. Teddy, Kush, Top and Gd were the first to get in. Soon, Gummy and Seven came in. Everyone started standing up and bowing to each other.The boys ended their bickering the moment 2NE1 came in. "Annyeong Haseyo" , loud, energetic greetings sounded the studios as the girls started bowing to their seniors respectfully. Bom gave Top a little wave,which was instantly rewarded by his heartstopping smile. Taeyang came in, gave Sandara a peck before settling down. Minzy hooked her arms through Daesung's and Seungri's and led the two of them to the chairs, sitting between the two of them.Top immediately started moving towards Bom, but to his dismay, gummy cut in and settled herself into the chair beside Bom.

"Oops..Sorry dong seng, I gotta take this place. Bommie and I gotta do 'sorry' and 'don't cry'together." Gummy wriggled her eyebrows cheekily at him.

In actual fact, Gummy loves seeing her dong seng's crestfallen expression. Dara noticed it too. She leaned over and whispered into Youngbae 's ear "Seunghyun really got it bad. Looks like we aren't going to be the only bb2ne1 couple." 

YG's appearance sure sped up the whole process of settling down. In no time, the big circle of chairs are all occupied. "Alright, you guys should already know by now,we strive to bring new concert experience to our fans. So every annual yg concert, we see fresh collaborations, This time round,there's no difference."

All eyes were on YG as he announced the pairings for special stages. "This year,we will have Dara and jinusean for a hip hop segment, Top and Psy for a dance and rap stint,CL and seungri for parody. We gotta welcome our newest family member, Tablo back on stage; Bom will have the honour of singing " Bad" with him. As the response from the audiences were so well during 2ne1 concert, Youngbae and Minzy will do a dance remix. gummy,seven,Daesung and jiyong will have to do a mini drama musical." 

Excitement buzzed through the studio as people whistled and squealed when they heard their names and their missions, and they started to discuss about their new projects. YG pressed a button to get the white screen down. On it was the rundown of the concert. The room fell silent as everybody scanning for their names and the performances which they are tasked with. Top's shoulders slumped when he saw CL's name beside the "Oh yeah!" performance. His hopes of interacting and practising with his favourite noona are dashed. He sneaked a look at her, sitted directly opposite and guessed that she was probably thinking the same thing when her beautifully shaped brows got knitted together. Meanwhile, jiyong was extremely pleased with what he saw, his mind already conjuring up images of him and chaerin prancing about on stage.

YG cleared his throat, gathering all the attention again. " Well for the encore stage, other than the final singalong session, 2ne1 will have to perform bigbang's Fantastic Baby and Bigbang gotta perform 2ne1's I'm the best. All of you will have to practise together and help one another with the dance routine.Now for the rest of the day, you guys can start practising in your own studios. Give me nothing but the best." With that, meeting was adjourned. 


[2NE1's practice studios]

"YG hyung is totally biased. We debut much longer and earned so much for him,how can he give us the smaller studio." Seungri, in one of his pissy moods, grumbled.

"That's because, we are his favourite girls." Minzy stated. The girls went over to the fully mirrored side of the room and sat cross legged on the floor,in a circle. The boys immediately followed suit, each of them settling beside their favourite girls. 

Chaerin, ever the leader, spoke up. "Alright,you guys gotta decided who you wanna be in "I'm the best!"

"I wanna be with Bom!" Top declared instantly, before realising his slip of tongue. The room was quiet for a few seconds before exploding with laughters.

"Hyung, chaerin wants you to choose the roles not confess." Jiyong teased.

"I'm sure our bommie's has no rejections with Top oppa being her." Chaerin said laughing. Bom covered her now flaming cheeks, hot with heat.  Top, who was still trying to get over his slip of tongue, was blushing inwardly.He stuck out his tongue apologetically when Bom turned over and smacked his biceps. Her tomato red cheeks and the twinkle in her eyes left him mesmerised, and he felt her heart beat harder. 

"Ji oppa has to be me since he's the only one that can rap now." Chaerin said, while Gd nodded with a smirk on his face as he leaned back on his chair relaxed.

"The two of us will split Minzy's part then." Daesung said, thus leaving Sandara part to Youngbae.


With their roles assigned, the group huddled together to watch the MTV before breaking into smaller groups for individual practices. 

At the back of the studio, Minzy was lying on her back,her legs moving in a circular motion midair. "Oppas, this is the signature move in this song." Minzy explained as she demonstrated.

At the other far end of the studio, Bom was trying explain and demonstrate her few signature moves for this song."Tabi, here you gotta flick your hair like this and swing your ".Bom did a perfect y move that is identical of the one in the movie.

"Like this?"Top waited for Bom to respond after he completed the move, only to see Bom on the floor clutching her stomach and giggling nonstop. Infuriated and embarrassed,Tabi knelt down and tickled his beauty who was already trembling with laughter.

"Stop,Tabi,I promise I won't laugh at you anymore" Bom pleaded, tears in her eyes from laughing too hard.

Just as Bom was trying to stifle her giggles, Chaerin's loud chuckling filled the room, followed by Jiyong's protest. "Yah Chaerinnie, I swear that's what you and minzy did    when you two did that arm flinging tribal dance."

"No we didn't!" Chaerin and Minzy chorused.


After an afternoon of practices interrupted frequently with peals of laughters, Big Bang is ready to perform their version of "I'm the best" The ever slick YG building turned into a party house that very instant. The moment Top strutted out as Bom, smoothing his hair and went all out on the smoking stare, 2ne1 and the female dancers whistled and cheered, with Bom leading.She squealed, bubbling with laughter as Top did her 'flipping of hair and turning back" thing, staring straight right into Bom's eyes, causing her to blush and covered her cheeks with her hands.

"That sure ain't fanservice."Jihye, one of the regular dancers and Bom's close friends nudged her, causing Bom's cheeks to be painted bright red.

The audience went wild when Top ended the song with his "lion paws" pose and a "bang",instead of Bom's usual punch.

Pumping her fist into the air,Bom led the girls to chant "Bigbang! Bigbang! Bigbang!" Dara ran straight into Taeyang's arms, while CL declared "You guys are great, we originals approved!"

Top moved swiftly to Bom to pull her into his arms and also steal a kiss. Before he had a chance to savour Bom's surprised expression, the signature flat voice transformed the partyhouse back to the slick YG building again. Silence rang loud as all the youngsters stood straight,like guilty pupils caught breaking rules.

"Bigbang & 2ne1, to the seventh floor" They looked at one another, aware that they are all thinking the same thing. That they hoped to leave the seventh floor.

Unscathed.