Final

Look Closer

Ignore errors and yay for the final

 

He’s in the passenger seat beside Kris, the car is parked outside his apartment but he makes no move to leave the car. With what Yura told him and how sure she was about Kris’ feeling for him, her sureness has him a bit baffled and in shock. 

 

A major part of him is ecstatic at the thought of Kris loving him, but there’s always this tiny voice trying to push its way into his brain – wrecking everything and causing him to doubt himself.

 

He pushes away the negative thoughts that try to invade his mind by staying silent for the rest of dinner with his parents, afraid of blurting out a rash sentence like I love you to Kris.

 

The ride was silent between them and they are each to their own thoughts with the soft sound of the radio playing, interrupting the silence.

 

Kris grabs a hold of his hand before Chanyeol has a chance to unbuckle his seatbelt; the older man intertwines their fingers and brings his hand to his lips – he brushes his soft lips over Chanyeol’s knuckles before kissing them tenderly. “You’re quiet. I don’t like it.” He whispers pulling away and staring at him worriedly.

 

“So are you,” Chanyeol retorts lightly, his eyes are on the car’s clock – it’s almost midnight and the only thing he has on his mind is going to take a shower and get some much needed sleep; hoping to have a clear mind when he wakes up in the morning. Maybe when he wakes up, he’ll know what to say.

 

Kris heaves out a sigh and Chanyeol snaps his attention to him, “Tired?” The older man asks and Chanyeol nods swiftly, not having it in him to talk about anything tonight. Kris seems to get the message because he lets go of his hand and moves to turn off the car, Chanyeol steps out after unbuckling his seatbelt and slams the car door shut.

 

He waits for Kris to finish whatever he’s doing in the car – he sure is taking his sweet time turning the car’s engine off and getting out. Chanyeol mumbles something unintelligible before turning around and yanking the car door open, he bends over and pokes his head in the car. “Are you staying over or leaving?” He questions staring at Kris who is sitting in the driver’s seat, making no move to leave the car. He’s too exhausted emotionally get mad at Kris making no move to come with him inside – he might not want to talk and is a little apathetic tonight but that doesn’t mean he wants to spend the night alone.

 

“I need a few minutes to calm my nerves,” Chanyeol gives him a weird look but says nothing and shuts the car door quietly this time. He crosses the street and enters the apartment building; his long legs take him over to the elevator and his index finger roughly presses the button leading to his floor.

 

His phone vibrates, but he makes no move to pull it out because he knows it’s a message from his mother or father – possibly thanking him for showing up, he decides he’ll reply to the messages tomorrow.

 

He knows for a fact it isn’t Kris.

 

When he reaches his floor, he steps out of the elevator and waits for Kris for a good solid minute before he shrugs it off and walks down to his apartment. He unlocks his door and immediately takes his shoes off before shutting the door with a soft click.

 

He stares at the door for a moment before he opens it and leaves it ajar.

 

Chanyeol turns from the door and undresses as he makes his way to his bedroom, tossing the clothes in a pile on the floor before he crawls under his warm covers and shiver in delight – his head meets his pillow and he’s out like a switch.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

He’s ticklish when he wakes and swats the fingers tracing his face away; he glares at Kris who is looking down at him with a smile and grunts – he doesn’t remember Kris slipping in bed with him. Chanyeol lets Kris drag him closer and stares at him sleepily, “It’s too early for this ,” He mumbles but pecks Kris’ lips nonetheless before pulling back and giving him a weird look. “Morning?” He glances at the clock on his wall – 6AM.

 

Kris is rubbing his back soothingly, his nose is buried in his hair and he’s inhaling deeply before he begins trailing kisses along Chanyeol’s neck and down the base of his throat. “Good morning,” He greets and gives him a peck on the tip of his nose and Chanyeol starts laughing, his heart melting at the gesture.

 

“My nerves are calm now,” He murmurs so low that Chanyeol almost misses his words.

                     

“Oh, really,” Chanyeol grins, he watches as he runs his fingers through Kris’ already tousled hair – the older man hovers over him, his eyes are dark with need and his jaw is clenched. Kris’ hands go from wandering on his face to his lower body, wandering down to his bare legs and Chanyeol shifts slightly to make them both more comfortable.

 

When Kris settles between his legs, he tried to ignore Kris’ mini pressing against his inner thigh and focuses on his gentle touches and the breath tickling his skin. This is a nice situation to wake up to; the warmth of Kris’ body enveloping his own is perfect.

 

I love you, he wants to say – he suddenly has to strong urge to tell Kris that he loves him, to finally admit it to Kris and himself that he loves him. Chanyeol isn’t sure he’ll survive it if Kris rejects him, it somewhat paralyzes his fingers massaging Kris’ scalp – the older man stops nibbling his neck and looks right down at him.

 

Chanyeol stays still for a few seconds as he stares into Kris’ eyes, it’s as though his world pauses and he’s hit with sudden feelings. Last night comes back to him, Yura’s words, Kris’ tiny gestures and him indirectly asking him to lean on him a bit more.

 

His heart starts pacing a little faster when he thinks about the look of warmth Kris has whenever he looks at him with and he feels tears prick at the corners of his eyes because crying is the last thing he was to do. Crying will send the wrong message so he smiles – he smiles so wide he feels like his face is going to tear in half because rejection be damned.

 

“I love you.”

 

He blinks rapidly when he realizes they said it unison and Kris looks just as surprised as he knows he looks.

 

I love you,” Kris repeats and they communicate with their eyes for a few moments – Chanyeol snakes his arms around his neck and pulls him down, Kris chuckles, a deep rumble in his chest and his brushes his bangs from his face.

 

“I love you,” Chanyeol replies, Kris captures his lips between his and les on his down one – his mouth falls open and allows Kris’ tongue to brush lightly against his. They stay joined by the lips until they break away to catch their breath; breathless laughs fill the cold morning air and Chanyeol can’t ask for anything better.

 

“Move in with me.”

 

Chanyeol’s response is stuck in his throat, but his body clings to Kris’ so tightly and he knows the mere action gives the older man the answer he wants to know. “Ok.” He whispers.

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

I should write more fluff. Took a while D; i figured them telling each other i lover u oppar would be a good way to end it C:

I hope you all had a lovely time reading this; I may have flopped on some chapters according to me but who cares, I bet you still enjoyed it because I certainly did and if you didn’t, wellllllll

Special thanks filled with red juicy hearts to my commenters and upvoters, and much thanks to my silent potatoes lurking in the shadows. My appreciation can’t be worded (is that a word omfg lmao) correctly SO I shall now salute to you all and do you know how long this short note took me to write? Like a week. Because yeah, just because.

Completing stories feels good but it sort of ing doesn't, someone hug me. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ