Ten

Look Closer

ignore errors or get out pls

 

Chanyeol goes out for some grocery shopping when everything in his fridge is passed its expiration date. It feels strange to do the shopping himself because he got used to Jongin doing it for him – got used to Jongin doing everything else for him, but Jongin hasn't been coming over to see him much. The younger man does check up on his through messages and occasionally calls, though.

 

                                                                                                                                                                 

Chanyeol grows into a texting habit with Kris after their encounter some days back and he goes outside more often.  He sometimes spends time with the friends he ignored when his life was in cracks and he tells them nothing of his awful decisions, they don’t need to know about that part of his life.

 

 

Some of them are a little angry that he neglected them and him refusing to tell them why and others are just happy he's not dead in a ditch somewhere, their words.

 

 

It felt nice, hanging out with his friends again and not being stuck in his apartment, crying or being miserable. His friends took his mind off thinking too much about Yura and his decision to let Kris court him, like he is some sort of girl that needs courting – he doesn't complain because it feels nice to know where he stands with Kris.

 

 

He feels important though he still has some insecurity issues and he hasn't gone out on a date with Kris yet. His ridiculous reasons now being because he's not sure as sure as he was a few days ago. He's being difficult and hardheaded and he knows it himself, it’s all partly because he's scared.

 

 

Kris makes him nervous; that’s probably because the older man has seen him more than once and has ed him and now wants to properly take him out. Chanyeol also thinks it's because he's still not sure how his relationship with his sister is or how bad it is.

 

 

His sister; it still leaves an awkward flavor in his mouth and still makes his heart hurt and clench faintly when he thinks of Yura, the look in her eyes when he confessed to her. He knows it's still the same stubborn guilt he has had for the last week and it won't go away, not until he at least speaks to her again, but she won't pick up his calls or reply to his messages and voice messages, no matter how pathetic and desperate he sounds, she doesn't reply.

 

 

He sometimes wakes up and thinks it and wants to ignore her like she's ignoring him, but his conscious holds him from doing so and his whole being just needs Yura around him to him to function; his not-so-faded guilt reminds him that this is his own fault, for being stupid and thinking selfishly.

 

 

Chanyeol shakes his head, he doesn't want to get all teary eyed in public, and it’s too embarrassing for him. After growing dark outside and he doesn’t want to stay in the grocery store for too long.

 

He eyes the different products of spices on the aisle shelves absentmindedly, just as he reaches to pick the cutest one of the bunch, his cell phone suddenly starts ringing and vibrating in his pocket.

 

 

He wants to ignore it, he rubs his temples when it continues ringing and pulls it out of his jean's pocket. His heart skips a beat at Kris' name flashing on his screen, his hands are trembling and he against drops the cell phone like an idiot.

 

 

He sweeps answer and brings the cell phone to his right ear – he uses his other to push the shopping cart out of the way when a woman comes to eye the spices with a shopping cart of her own.

 

 

"...hello?" He answers, continuing to push the cart slowly until he's sure he isn't in anyone's way – he doesn't need strangers snapping it him for being in their way, it’ll be too irritating to deal with.

 

 

"Hey, Chanyeol," Kris greets and the simple greeting quickens his heart pace.

 

 

"Uhm," He begins when they fall silent, shifting uncomfortably on his feet and staring at the tiles on the ground. 

 

 

"I told Yura," He informs and Chanyeol feels his heart drop at that. His eyes begin to dart everywhere and his heart beats faster for an entirely different reason.

 

 

"Oh," He mutters awkwardly into the cell phone and wants to punch himself in the face. Oh? Really, that's the only smart response he can come up with? 

 

 

"She took it better than I expected," Kris finally speaks, "She did kick me out afterwards."

 

 

 

"Did she cry?" He bites his lower lip, praying that she didn't because he won't know what he’ll do.

 

 

"..." Kris says nothing for a couple of seconds, "She didn't. Some guy came in when I left - he didn’t seem to like me very much." Kris admits and Chanyeol smiles weakly at how confused his sounds.

 

 

"Jongin was with her?" He asks and he tries not to read too much into that, Jongin's exact words towards Yura were I'm not in love with her anymore.  He doubts the younger man still has feelings for his sister; Jongin is too much of blunt person to start spitting lies.

 

 

"Yes. Jongin." And then there's some more silence. Chanyeol realizes that he has no idea what to say and it's awkward, he wrecks through his empty brain for something to say, not wanting Kris to be bored. He doesn't want Kris to hang up on him just yet. "You have a habit of overthinking – I’m hearing you think right now." Kris says and Chanyeol freezes, a chuckle escapes his lips before he his bottom lip and adjusts the cape on his head, cheeks warming up.

 

 

"I know," He answers with a shrugs even though he can't be seen by the other man.

 

 

The pause stretches longer than the last and Chanyeol begins to feel even more nervous than he was earlier. He wants facepalms for being an awkward . "We should meet soon." The words spill out of his mouth before he can stop them and he wants to smack himself in the face for even suggesting that.

 

 

Kris' laughter causes Goosebumps to crawl down his spine, "Of course." The older man says.

 

 

¤¤¤¤¤¤

 

 

Chanyeol finds himself standing in front of his older sister's door empty handed – he decided not to shop after mentally debating with himself in his car; he raises his hand to knock and freezes midair. Why is he such an idiot? He doesn't even thought of what he's going to say to her. 

 

 

Coward.

 

 

He shakes his head and raises his hand again, balls it into a fist and awkwardly uses his knuckles to knock. He knocks thrice and brings his hand down to his side, steps two steps back and waits.

He hears the door being unlocked from inside and familiar groans coming for Yura, "I told you to leave, Jongin-" Chanyeol watches as her posture tenses momentarily and the scowl on her face disappears, the expression turns into one of surprise when she looks at him.

 

 

He keeps looking her in the eye, trying to read something from her eyes but it's as though she knows what he’s trying to do and shut off, her lips form into a thin line and her brows furrow slightly. He braces himself, expecting her to tell him to off.

 

 

"Get in," Her voice is hard and she doesn't wait for his answer, she turns around leaving the door open and walks off.

 

 

Chanyeol hesitantly enters inside and carefully closes the door; he unties his shoelaces and kicks his shoes off before stalking after Yura who seems to be waiting for him in the living room.

 

 

He stands there, arms at his sides from having nowhere to put them. He feels her stares on him and he wants the ground to swallow him.

 

 

"It's late." She finally says and Chanyeol glances at her before turning his gaze back to the floor. She bought a new carpet.

 

 

"I know. I drove here." He murmurs, not sure if she can even hear him, "I wanted us to -" He in a deep breath, "To - uhm, talk." He finishes.

 

"Talk,"

 

He swallows, slowly wrapping his lanky arms around his waist and his eyes dart around on the unfamiliar new carpet – he has no idea what to say now. He can feel her gaze on him and he wants to roll over and die. “Did Kris…” A lump grows in his throat and he fails to continue, his eyes are stinging and he blinks rapidly because crying is something he doesn’t want to do. It his energy and drains whatever is left of his thoughts.

 

“He was here earlier.” Her voice is stern; an emotion she freely uses when addressing others, but never him. His chest clenches, it feels uncomfortable to be sitting down on the couch and her staring him down.

 

He hastily stands up, surprising her and watches as she takes a step backwards when he reaches out to touch her. He brings his hand back to his side and uses the other to wipe at his face, and before he knows it – he’s crying behind his hand and uses it to furiously wipe away the first few drops.

 

“…stop it,” Yura says, her voice is soft like he’s used to hearing it and wonders if he’s imaging it. “Stop it.” Her voice is still as soft but firmer.

 

He tries to stop the tears but they don’t, he slowly sits on the couch again and buries his face in his hands. He lets the tears fall because he finds no point in trying to wipe them away.

 

His right side of the couch dips in under Yura’s weight, but he doesn’t react to it until her familiar arms are wrapping around him. He lets her pull him to her chest and hears her sigh.

 

“Stop crying, you idiot.” She whispers, her long fingers are brushing his bangs from his face and he shuts his eyes tightly. He somewhat feels like this is a dream and if it is, it’s a cruel dream.

 

“Why do you hate me?” He murmurs through his soft sobs, trying to hold them at bay and failing miserably.

 

Hush,” She barks, “You hurt me,” She pauses, her motions in his hair pause for a second before she continues, “But you’re my baby brother – I’ll never hate you.”

 

“But –”

 

“I don’t hate you.”

 

¤¤¤

 

ok next part will be krisyeol date or something we're past this crying stage

I’m a bit unsure on what day I’ll post the next chapter, Thursday or Friday dfghjkl until next time¡