Eleven

Look Closer

ignore errors ignore errors ignore errors

 

Stop staring. You’re making me nervous.” Chanyeol finally says from behind his ridiculously large menu, breaking the heavy silence that was hovering above them. He dares to look over his menu and tries to swallow but his throat is as dry as the desert when his eyes meet Kris’ eyes.

 

He drops his gaze back to the menu, fingers pinching at the menu’s edges to hold it up further – he has been staring at it since he entered the restaurant – after purposely delaying outside for ten minutes, hoping Kris would stand up and leave.

 

“Chanyeol,” Kris calls, amusement in his tone and Chanyeol slowly brings his menu down hesitantly. His cheeks are warm and luckily, for him, Kris says nothing about it, “Are you ready to order?” Chanyeol sort of hates him, hates how the older man looks composed and cool whilst he himself probably looks like a damn tomato ready to roll over and die in shame.

 

He does not understand why he is still blushing in front of a man he has been and arching underneath not too many days ago. He does not want to be awkward and nervous around Kris if he wants this to work – whatever this is.

 

He in a deep breath that has his head almost spinning from too much rich oxygen. “I don’t see anything…delicious?” He suggests dumbly and wants to smack himself, he drops his eyes back to the menu- cheeks b with redness and throat drying when he tries to swallow.

 

“Put your menu down,” Kris leans forward and soon enough the menu is out of his hands before he can stop it. “Are you that nervous?” The question is asked with wonder before a smirk makes its way on Kris face. “You’re blushing.” He points out.

 

“I’m aware of that,” Chanyeol snorts and rolls his eyes, “I’m not done looking at the menu.” He holds his hand out and glares when Kris casually places it atop of his own, ignoring Chanyeol’s open palm.

 

“I’ve already ordered something for the both of us,” He adds on as Chanyeol undecidedly pulls his hand back, “I saw you through the window.” Kris laughs lightly when Chanyeol releases a choking embarrassed like sound.

 

"I wasn't –" Kris quickly interrupts his explanation by waving a dismissive hand and says, "I don't bite. I'm a nice guy."

 

The food Kris ordered tastes like complete and utter that Chanyeol knows he will never ever order it in his life again, even with a gun to his head. He does eat half of it though, as not to offend the man he sees himself spending many summers with.

 

Kris obviously enjoyed it because his face looks bright – like a toddler in a colourful room. "Was the food good?" They are walking towards the restaurant’s exit now, Kris holds the door for him and Chanyeol rolls his eyes despite secretly liking the small action – it makes him feel special.

 

He hasn’t gone out on a date in a long time; he doesnot quite remember what exactly he is required to do on a date after food. He’s used to meeting up someone at a bar or club or whenever and he ends up in bed with them and his connection with them is done the second he is out the door.

 

Saying the familiar feeling that is twirling up inside is driving him mad will be an understatement. He has felt it before and he knows what exactly it is. Fondness? Like? Love?

 

He knows he doesn’t want just . He wants something more – isn’t so bad – and he wants to be done with feeling hesitate and nervous whenever he is around the one he desires.

 

His eyes widen briefly, when a slightly larger hand wraps around his own and the heat creeps onto his soft cheeks, painting a fine red on them. He squeezes Kris' hand in positivity that this is all right.

 

It snowed while they were in the restaurant – Chanyeol curses softly because this means his damn apartment will be freezing because it has ed up heaters.

 

His is wearing his heavy winter coat over clothes he took hours to pick out – hoping to look presentable because really, how many times has he meet Kris when he looks like a hobo? He shakes his head, a smile crawls on his lips as he adjust the fox beanie on his head – Yura got it for him last Christmas.

 

"Our cars are still back there." Kris tells him, their hands firmly locked and comfortable – it feels right. Chanyeol’s hand feels clammy and hot though, and he wonders if Kris can feel his hand is sweating and if he’s tired of them holding hands – Chanyeol doesn’t want him to let go.

 

He also wonders if Kris can hear how loud and how fast his heart is pounding. "Our cars will be there in the morning." He says before he can stop himself. When Kris halts, he thinks he has said something inappropriate and an apology is at the tip of his tongue because the last thing he wants to do if screw this up.

 

"Are you inviting me over?" The older man asks and Chanyeol does not need to think about it before he is nodding.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

Chanyeol decides he loves it when he is in Kris' arms, his apartment isn’t as cold.  He feels calm and as collected as he likes to think he is. He is thoughtless now and it kind of feels like what he imagines heaven to be like - though he doubts he'll ever go to heaven. He has been naughty and he doubts Santa will be nice to him this year or the following years.

 

His bedroom is warm and their heavy coats are abandoned by the foot of his bed. They are still fully dressed and Chanyeol is happy Kris has not pushed for or hinted at it. He decides he will wait for a bit before he can allow himself to be imitate with Kris.

 

"I don't know much about you," He murmurs cutting the comfortable silence and he groans when Kris stops running his fingers through his hair. Chanyeol lift his head from Kris' chest and looks down at him with the look of admiration that he doubts he’ll ever know how to hide. "I know that you like me." And that you're my sister's ex, remains unspoken but it’s clear Kris knows it. Speaking about that particular topic feels like a taboo and he would rather not talk about it - it always leaves him feeling like , awful, and pathetic. "And that you have ty taste in meals -"

 

"But I don't," Kris chuckles and Chanyeol feels the wave of his laughter under his hands as he rests his hands on the man's chest.

 

"But you do," He says and smiles so widely he thinks his face will split in half when Kris glares nonchalantly at him. "Tell me about you - I want to know everything." He has no idea where these words are coming from but they come out naturally and he feels pleased. Chanyeol figures it is because of his heartbeat’s pace under his hands; he moves his hand to rest just where he knows Kris' heart is and rubs over the spot gently.

 

"You might fall asleep and find me boring - and question why you're still allowing me around you." He mumbles and Chanyeol shakes his head, his lips and parting them to speak.

 

"No, I won't." Chanyeol assures truthfully, building up the courage to lean down and brush his lips over Kris' own. A hand soon creeps behind him and rests itself on the back of his neck, the hand smoothly brings his head further down and his lips are pressed tighter against Kris’ lips.

 

They kiss slowly, but loud and sloppy and his heart race picks up slightly. He laughs into the kiss awkwardly because he is painted with sudden happiness he hasn’t felt in a while. He feels good.

 

He pulls back, his lips are red and wet and they stretch into a smile.

 

Kris cups his cheek, his thumb rubbing it soothingly and his eyes locking with his. "Gorgeous and mine," He whispers, lightly pecking his lips before pulling back, "I have a lot of names to start with,"

 

Chanyeol opens his mouth, ready to blurt a question out and Kris' index finger on his lips shuts up him, "Shh, Love,"

 

Chanyeol swats his hands away, "You're not some kind of imposter, are you?" He demands.

 

"If I am?" He knows Kris is messing with him, the look in his eyes see say so.

 

"I'll kill you if you are!" He exclaims and unconsciously pouts as his shoulder exaggeratedly slouch in relief, he realizes so when Kris pinches his cheek.

 

"Yifan," Kris tells him gently and Chanyeol blinks rapidly, confusion written clearly on his face, "I want you to call me that because you're important."

 

"Oh," Chanyeol blushes. Kris has a way with his words – or maybe Chanyeol is just a er of what comes out of his mouth – and Chanyeol's heart gets all frantic, "Yifan." He tests the name, it's weird on his tongue but he likes it. He loves how it rolls off his tongue and he knows Kris does to, the twinkle in his eyes gives him away.

 

"Say it again." Comes the soft command and Chanyeol gladly obliges.

 

¤¤¤¤

We’ll pretend I haven’t taken two decades to update and that this chapter was worth it. Until next time!