Twelve

Look Closer

 holy , the grammar fails and typos are probably pretty bad below idk walk away? i'll look at this in the morning

He wakes up to smell of fresh coffee and the sound of chattering dishes in the kitchen. The warm silk sheets and the faint smell of Kris' familiar cologne emanating from the pillows and the duvet he's under calms his nerves.

 

With a bit of difficultly, Chanyeol sits up on the bouncy bed and he wishes to bury his face in the pillows once more to sleep because he's still exhausted. He swings his feet off the bed and to the ground.

 

He adjusts the loose shirt he has on and the pajama pants before getting to his feet and walking sleepily over to the bedroom. He steps into the bathroom and stalks over to the mirror, his stares at his reflection and smiles faintly - for someone who just got out of bed, he thinks he looks pretty good and waking up these days feels less of a chore.

 

He thinks it's because he sort of lives in Kris' apartment and knows he's never alone when he wakes up. They haven't really talked about him moving in, but part of Kris' closet has his clothes lined up and some pairs of his shoes are on the ground.

 

They have been dating for two months - going three - and no, Chanyeol is not counting. He is not that kind of person - but he is counting and not letting Kris' go is one of the best decisions he's made.

 

His life in the past two months feels like a blessing and sometimes it's all to surreal.

 

Kris' parents know about him and about how they got together. They know about Yura. Kris is open with his parents about everything - that's sweet and all but they hate him. They disapprove of him and Chanyeol doesn't blame them.

 

They Skype called a few nights ago and it was painful. Not only did they express how wrong his actions were but they downright told him he isn't good enough. It was awkward and he's glad he won't run into them anytime soon because they're in Canada.

 

Kris did defend him and held his hand, but sometimes Chanyeol worries they might get Kris to dump him - he doesn't think he'll handle it well.

 

He doesn't tell Kris that these kinds of things are running through his mind, he has some doubts sometimes and it kills his smile. He wonders if Kris can read his mind because the older man is patient with him and his touches are comforting followed by soft whispers of it's okay or don't think too much.

 

It's his turn today; Kris is meeting his family - his parents. They know he's dating, but the story of how they got together is staying under the rocks. He'd rather not live with his parents staring at him with disappointment shining in their eyes.

 

His knows his parents know something is obviously up and off between him and Yura, but they don't interrogate them like they used to when they siblings bickered as children. He is glad they're staying out of it even though he knows his mother will demand to know what is going on, sooner or later.

 

Their relationship is rocky and they aren't as open with each other as before. Kris says it'll take some time and Chanyeol is trying to understand because asking Yura to forget about be his old sister will be immature and a stupid thing to ask for but it's frustrating. He wants his sister back and needs to know where they stand before he goes insane.

 

Chanyeol snaps out of his thoughts at the sound of more chatter from the kitchen. He blinks at his reflection and grabs his toothbrush from his black mug beside Kris' own white one on the sink. He grabs toothpaste from the cabinet and sighs tiredly as he smudges his toothbrush with the white and blue paste.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

A wide smile of gratitude stretches on his lips when Kris slides him a hot cup of coffee - the sink looks like a mess, but he doesn't comment on it because Kris already looks embarrassed and he appreciates the older man's effort to make him coffee.

 

"I'm a disaster in the kitchen - you know that already," Kris mumbles as he drops a broken mug in the trashcan underneath the sink. 

 

"I can see that," He laughs lifting his cup and he immediately sets his cup down when Kris' rounds the kitchen countertop - arms are wrapped around him and lips are pressed to neck to nibbling gently.

 

"We're going to see my parents later - no marks please," He says with laugh and leans into Kris' chest, enjoying the warmth radiating from the older man.

 

Kris lips leave his neck, brush their way to his jaw line and Chanyeol lets himself be spun around to face him, "Morning, Chanyeol," Chanyeol's heart swells and his cheeks as he looks into the man's eyes, the way Kris says his name makes his heart thump because he says it like it's the most delicate name in Universe.

 

His soft touches and gestures burn his insides in a good way and a lazy smile paints itself on his lips. "You're in a good mood for someone who is going to meet his boyfriend's parents," He says, breaking the soothing silence and there's a choked noise at the back of his throat as he lets Kris slip his hand past his waistband.

 

Kris rubs a thumb over his torso, and it's impossible for him to focus on what Kris' is saying. All he feels is warm hands on his skin, slowly caressing and he presses soft kisses on his nape. "Boyfriend, yes?" His breath is hot on his skin and it feels good, "Beautiful, kind and mine."

 

"You're not nervous?" Chanyeol pouts; he'd been a nervous wreck before the Skype call and with good reason. 

 

"Nope. They'll love me." Their eyes meet and Kris his cheek with his thumb before capturing Chanyeol's lips into a kiss.

 

"Sure," He softly whispers against his lips, "Get your hand out of my pants, Yifan." He rolls his eyes as he stares at Kris’ wet lips and smirks before planting a wet smooch on it. “That’s what you get for calling me beautiful. I’m not a girl.”

 

“You’re right. You’d make an ugly girl anyway,” Kris pulls away from him before he can retort and Chanyeol is left standing in the man’s kitchen with a blush on his cheeks. He stares at the white and black tiles on the floor and unconsciously frowns.

 

“.” He mutters under his breath as turned back to his cooling coffee with a pleased sigh.

 

¤¤¤¤

 

Excuse me??? UHMMM??? LOL other authors make up excuses better than I do D; tt, I was tumblring for centuries? x______________x