The Job.

Alphas

Told in Kim Jonghyun's point of view.

Even a turtle could tell that Key was not okay. His eyes were puffy and red, he wobbled a lot, and he wasn't smiling. I decided not to pester him about it and just comfort him. When i left his dorm, i had no intention of going back home. I headed back to the school building to find the person responsible for ruining my Key.

"A-anyeonghaseyeo. I am looking for Teacher Jung." i told the lady who was always downstairs near the front desk. She looked up at me skeptically.

"School is over."

"I-i forgot to hand in my assignment." i quickly said. She just shook her head.

"Students should not be here after school hours. You can turn it in tomorrow."

I sighed. It's like the world is forcing me to use my powers. I cleared my throat.

"I need to see Teacher Jung now." i put a lot of emphasis on the last word. The noona blinked a few times before telling me his room    number.

"Kamsahamnida." i bowed before heading upstairs. Still unfamiliar with the school, i got lost several times before i finally found his room. I hesitated at the door, not sure if i should knock. Really, i just wanted the guy to back off on my Key. Key was mine. As i inched closer to the door, i could here someone speaking. It was probably him. I pressed my ear to the door.

"Yes, i'll have him deal with it right away ..... no, he won't be a problem ..... yes ..... okay no problem. I shall tell him to be there at 8:00 sharp. Thank you." i heard the phone slam shut and backed away. I gasped when the door opened and a pair of cold eyes set themselves on me.

"What are you doing here? Students should not be here after school hours."

"M-mianhae. I'll be leaving now." i did a stiff bow before heading towards the stairs. 

"Wait." i stopped and turned around again, the teacher walking towards me. "What's your name?"

"K-Kim Jonghyun."

I saw a weird glint in his eye, and could have sworn he smiled a fraction of a centimeter. I backed away a bit.

"Kim Jonghyun ... do you know Kim Kibum?" he asked.

"Y-yes. He's my classmate."

"Just your classmate." he stepped forward again. I bet he knows.

"He's also my boyfriend." i said cautiously, not sure what his reaction would be. I was thinking more on the lines of anger, but he smirked.

"I see. Well Kim Jonghyun. I-"

"STOP!" i spun around when i heard Key's voice echo through the halls. He stood at the top of the stairs, panting.

"K-Key!" i ran over to him and put one of his arms over my shoulders so he could lean on me.

"Kim Kibum. What are you doing here at this hour?" Teacher Jung asked, his tone daring Key to speak.

"I-I came to speak with you." Key said. He didn't come to get me? I found that awkward. Oh, maybe Key is trying to cover himself up for coming to school at this time. Good thinking Key. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble as well.

"Oh really. Come in then." Teacher Jung beckoned him inside his room. I stood out in the hall and watched as the darkness in his room enveloped my Key, and the door closed.

 

Told in Kim Kibum's point of view.

"What did you do to him?!" i yelled in his face. He just smirked.

"Nothing. He came to find me. What did you come here for?"

"I came to see you." a stinging pain in my back sent me flying accross the room, hitting my back on the wall and crumpling to the ground. I coughed and looked up to see him standing over me.

"You came for him, didn't you. ANSWER ME." A sharp yet lasting pain erupted in my head. I tried to hold in my screams by yelling into the carpet.

"YES!" i cried. The pain stopped and i blinked a few times to adjust to the dimness in his room.

"What will it take for you to forget about him?" his voice whispered.

"I can't forget about him."

"Would you like me to make you?"

"N-No!"

"Then get rid of him yourself. You have a job today. 8:00, the usual office complex. Don't screw up." i nodded weakly and stood up, wobbling as i trudged to the door.

"And Kibum?" i turned around. "If you fail, you know the consequences."

I turned back around and left his room, running into Jonghyun's open arms.

"Key, are you okay? Did he hurt you anywhere?" Jonghyun rubbed my back and i shook my head, lightly sobbing into his chest.

"I-Im fine."

"Then why are you crying."

"I-I-Im just failing his class. That's all." i lied. Of course Jonghyun was smart enough to tell i was, but he didn't ask again. He hugged me and we both walked out of the school building together.

"Let's hang out tonight." Jonghyun said.

"I-I can't." i mumbled.

"Why not?"

"I .. I have work."

"Oh. When do you get off?"

"Depends. But around 10."

"Then i'll see you at 10." Jonghyun smiled at me. He leaned forward and placed a light kiss on my cheek before heading towards his house. If only it was always like this. I sighed and headed back to my dorm with Taemin.

"Hey. Did you find him?"

"Yeah. He was talking to him."

"I see."

"I have to leave for a job at 8, so dinner might be a bit early." i called to Taemin.

"Neh." he called back and i heard his door close.

 

8:00 that evening.

I walked into the office building with a slip of paper in my hand. On it had the name of a worker at the building and my job. I hated these jobs. Teacher Jung would always get requests and dump such requests on me. I hated them. He forces me to use my powers to do other people's dirty work.

"Im looking for Mr. Kim Soohyun." i told the front desk lady. She pointed me towards his office. I thanked her and headed towards his office, softly knocking on his door.

"Come in." i pushed the door open.

"A-anyeonghasaeyeo." i bowed.

"Hi. How can i help you?" he asked. I sighed and sat down. This is more or less a job for Jonghyun, but i refuse to let him do such things.

"Ah ... you see. You and the other company are having a problem with your deal right? They want you to sign a deal."

"H-how do you know about this?"

"Please sign this deal." i took out the deal that needs this guy's signature out of my bag and handed it to him.

"I already told that firm i refuse to sign this deal. Please leave." The guy pointed towards the door. Damn it, i hate it when they give me a hard time.

I stood up and walked to the other side of the desk where the guy backed up, his hands hovering over the phone to call security. Before he could lift up the phone though, i had already captured his lips in a quick yet powerful kiss. 

"Sign the deal." i breathed. He blankly nodded and signed the paper. I put it back in my bag.

"Forget what happened in the past two minutes." i told him before exiting. As i walked out of the building complex i took out my phone.

"Did you get it signed?"

"Yeh."

"Good. Glad you finally realized it. Bring it to me tomorrow."

"Yeh." i hung up and walked back to the dorm to meet with Jonghyun.


 

For those who are utterly confused, mianhae >.< i even got confused myself, so i decided to explain everything here. First off, Key works for Jung. They have this deal where Key has to do jobs for Jung. The background on that will be revealed later. When Jung finds out that Jonghyun has the same power as Key, he wants Jonghyun as well. Key is asked to bring him over to Jung, but Key ends up falling in love with Jonghyun and refuses to let his lover be dragged into the same business as him. Another deal is formed where Key still must do anything Jung asks, and Jung will not continue to pursue Jonghyun.

Does that make sense now? If you gues are confused at all, feel free to ask. I really don't want you guys to get confused by this >.< but anyways, thanks so much for reading and subscribing and commenting :3 kamsahamnida! Thanks for subscribing: