Admission.

Alphas

Told in Lee Taemin's point of view.

I woke up with a start when i heard the loud blast of a guitar chord that sounded like it was plugged into the world's largest amplifier. I stumbled out of Jonghun hyung's bed and crawled my way to the door. I opened it and saw Key and Jonghyun hyung standing in the hall.

"Hyungs!" Key and Jonghyun came over and helped me up.

"What was that?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Jonghun. Every morning he wakes up early to play his instruments." Jonghyun muttered, leading us down the hall, downstairs and to a room filled with instruments and amps. Jonghun sat in the middle of the room playing guitar.

"OI! PABO!" Jonghyun screamed. Jonghun stopped and looked up.

"Oh. Good morning."

"Good morning my . Shut the hell up Jonghun." Jonghyun swore. I hid behind Key's back. I've never heard Jonghyun swear, and i wasn't sure if this was something normal.

"It's okay Jonghyun hyung. Taemin and I should get going anyways."

"Oh, it's okay. This is normal. Are you guys hungry? I can prepare breakfast. JONGHUN! LET GO OF THAT GUITAR!" Jonghyun pushed Key hyung and I out of the room and yelled behind his back. 

"Sorry. Jonghun is just a weirdo sometimes." Jonghyun laughed, leading us back to the kitchen. While Key helped Jonghyun prepare breakfast, i went upstairs to change back into my clothes and use the bathroom. When i came out i smelled ... banana pancakes! I ran downstairs, fell at the last step, sprinted into the kitchen and attacked Key hyung.

"HYUNG! I LOVE YOU!" i squealed and stole the plate of pancakes from his hands. Key laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Aeygo, my son."

"Son?" Jonghyun asked, turning around from the stove.

"Yeah. Key is my umma." I mumbled with my mouth full. I chuckled when i heard all the weird thoughts running through Jonghyun's head. Key gave me a look and i went back to eating. He hated it when i talked with my mouth full.

"You're his umma?"

"Yes Jjonggie. I'm his umma." Key sighed.

"Oh. That's not weird at all." I heard Jonghyun mutter. I jumped up when Jonghun suddenly appeared in the seat beside me. I ate in silence, but almost choked when i heard what Jonghun thought about Key.

"Hyung, don't even think about it." i glared at Jonghun, who blushed and backed away.

"Mianhae Taemin. I forgot that you could .... you know."

I sent him an attack of aegyo before returning to my pancakes. Key umma sat down next to me and Jonghyun followed suit. We ate until someone broke the awkward silence.

"When does class start?" Jonghyun asked.

"Next week." Key said.

"BWOH?! Then when do i take the test?" Jonghyun cried. I giggled when i heard all the questions running through his head. 

"Jonghyun hyung. Don't worry, you'll get in. And we can go today if you want. I don't think it's too late. If it is, i don't think it's a problem with you and Key hyung there." I grinned. Key smiled at me and returned to his breakfast. He finished first and dashed back upstairs.

"YAH! Where are you going?" Jonghyun yelled.

"Pick out your outfit. I don't trust your sense of style!" Key yelled back and slammed Jonghyun's door shut. Jonghyun sighed and quickly finished so he could go check and make sure his closet was still alive after Key's diva attack. I followed Jonghyun upstairs.

"Key?" Jonghyun knocked on the door. It suddenly opened and closed again. Jonghyun turned around and i laughed. Key had thrown him clothes.

"What the hell?! KEY! THESE ARE TOO SKINNY! I'LL CATCH A COLD IN THIS TANK TOP!" Jonghyun pounded against the door.

"THEN WHY ARE THEY IN YOUR CLOSET?!" Key yelled back. 

"JONGHUN GAVE THEM TO ME AS A JOKE!"

"WELL TOO BAD! YOU'RE WEARING THEM!" 

Jonghyun grumbled and trudged into the bathroom to change. I sat outside his bedroom door and listened to him rant about Key's diva-ness and how "ing" skinny the jeans were in his mind. When he came out, he looked .... well y. Of course he wasn't my type. He's more Key's type. Key liked y toys. Whoops. I meant guys.

"Key! I'm done now!"

Key opened the door and examined his work. "It'll do. Of course, i'd prefer that you own some more skinnies. And different colored tanks. But black skinnies and a white tank is okay for now." He waved his hand and shooed Jonghyun and I back outside so he could change.

"Why is he so-"

"Diva-ish? I'd like to know." I said.

"Stop reading my mind." Jonghyun mumbled.

"Can't help it. It's like your thoughts are being shouted at me." I replied. I was glad he didn't know how to apply his powers to his words yet, otherwise i really would not have been able to read his mind anymore.

"Let's go." Key smiled, stepping out of Jonghyun's room. Key and I went downstairs to put on our shoes while Jonghyun ran into his room to get his phone and iPod.

"Call me later Jonghyun!" Jonghun yelled from the couch as we left. Before i stepped out, i turned back around.

"Thanks for letting us stay the night Jonghun hyung!"

"No problem!" Jonghun yelled back, and i closed the door. I walked behind Key and Jonghyun, starring only at their hands, which were intertwined and swinging back and forth between them. I listened intently on their conversation, both verbally and mentally.

Taemin. See if the admission office is open. 

Key glanced back at me and i nodded. I closed my eyes and broadened my mind, hearing dozens of muffled words run through my head, until i reached the mind i was looking for.

"They're about to open. But ... the admission session is full today."

"It's okay. Jonghyun here can get through." Key winked. On the way to school, Key bought me a bottle of banana milk. Once at the admissions office, Key helped Jonghyun learn how to apply his powers to his voice. They tried it on me first.

"Don't make me do anything weird." I glared at Key. I shuffled through his mind and found out he only wanted to make me dance.

"No! I won't dance in front of you guys." i pouted. It was embarrassing to dance in front of Key because he'd always compliment me.

"Jonghyun." Key sighed. Jonghyun nodded and stared straight into my eyes. I backed up a bit, scared of his unwhithering gaze.

"Dance." The word rang in my mind, echoing and magnifying. I felt my arms and legs start to move. My mind went black. All i could think about is dancing.

"You can stop now." i sighed in relief at those words and flopped to the ground.

"Nice dancing Taeminnie." Key umma helped me up and handed me another bottle of banana milk. Such a wonderful umma! We headed towards the admissions office and found it packed with hopefuls. We went up to the desk noona.

"Anyeong. Is there any way we can enroll him in?" Key asked, pointing to Jonghyun hyung.

"We're full today. Try again tomorrow."

"Kay then. Let's go." Jonghyun simply said and turned around to leave. Key held onto his arm and turned him back, nudging Jonghyun hard in the ribs.

"I said we are full today." The noona repeated, looking up at Key. Jonghyun sighed and stared at her.

"Please let me enroll today."

Silence and awkward staring. "S-s-sure. Let me see if i can fit you in now." The noona started typing on her computer. "What's your name?"

"Kim Jonghyun."

More typing. "You are next in line."

"Kamsahamnida." Jonghyun bowed and came over to sit down. "I hate doing that." he mumbled.

"It's okay my Bling Bling Dino." Key purred. 

"BWOH?!"

"Kim Jonghyun?" i turned and saw the vice-principal peek his head out the door. Jonghyun stood up and glanced back at us.

"Don't worry. You'll do fine hyung." i smiled. Jonghyun nodded and entered the office.

 

Told in Kim Jonghyun's point of view.

I stood before a row of six adults.

"Have we seen you before?" A man asked. He was there the last time i tried to enroll.

"Um. Y-yes. My name is Kim Jonghyun. I've tried to enroll before but ... "

"What makes you think-"

"BWOH?! Another Kim Kibum?!" I turned and saw a noona staring at me.

"Oh no. Please don't say-"

"Yup."

"What's your skill boy?"

"Um .. i can ... make people do what i want them to." i said.

"How?"

"With my voice."

"Wow. That's a new one. I remember Kim Kibum. He said by kissing and we didn't believe him until he actually kissed a teacher and the teacher allowed him to pass. By the way, please refrain from using your powers right now."

"N-neh."

"Well, i think we have room for you this year. But like Kibum-gun, you will be given a restraint on you powers."

"Neh. Kamsahamnida." i bowed before exiting and was attacked by Taemin.

"Did you pass? Nevermind i know you did. YAY!" Taemin giggled and cuddled against my chest. This boy if full of aegyo.

"Let's so Jonghyun." Key grinned and we walked out.

"Key, do you have a power restraint?" i asked as we were walking in the courtyard.

"Yeah. Actually i have several because i've been known to kiss people whenever i feel like it. These two earrings. This bracelet. I think i even have a tattoo somewhere." Key said.

"Great. Can't wait to be decked out in jewelry." i grumbled. I really hated bracelets and necklaces and stuff. I had my ears pierced, but that was it. Maybe i'll just get a tattoo. That'd be cool. Like a lock or something. I heard Taemin giggle.

"What?"

"Your thoughts are funny." I rolled my eyes and continued to walk. They walked me to the front gates.

"We are going to go back to our dorm. See you tomorrow?" Key asked. I grinned and nodded, asking for his phone. I put my number in and waved goodbye. I wish i could cuddle with Key to sleep.

"I'm home!" i yelled, but the noise from Jonghun's drumming drowned out my yell, my door slam and my feet stomping.

"YAH!" i yelled when i burst in. Jonghun stopped banging on his drums and looked up.

"Oh hey bro. You get in?"

"Yeah."

"Awesome! Okay, just cross your fingers you don't get Mr. Lee as a teacher."

"Why?"

"He's gay. And he enjoys pairing guys up in the class, which starts rumors, and they usually end up turning gay. It's all messed up. He once tried it on me with Key."

"BWOH?! KEY?"

"Yeah, but Key just kissed him and told him to not pair me with anyone."

"What about himself?"

"Didn't say anything, so the teacher sometimes tries to pair him. But i owe it to Key. Thanks to him, i'm straight as a drumstick."

"Okay then. I'll try to not turn gay. I'm going to sleep."

"It's 4 pm."

"Problem?"

"Nope. I'll just play with me guitar muted."

"Thanks."

I went upstairs and tried for 10 minutes to peel the skinnies off my legs. Once they were to my ankle they refused to get off. I growled in frustration. I finally got it off when i realized there was a zipper. I threw it accross the room and curled up under my blanket. I started to think of Key, and my arms on instinct reached out and hugged him. Wait, not him. I opened my eyes and saw my dinosaur plushie. I sighed and just hugged it instead. I wish i was hugging Key though.

Wait. Does this make me gay? I'm not gay. Nope. Kim Jonghyun is a straight arrow. No gayness. Period.

But i do love Key. That's not gay right? No, that's not called gay. It's called love.