Chapter 18

In Search of Happiness

"Since when?" Aira asked innocently at Seungho. Who was caressing her head as they cuddled on the couch, letting the sound from re-run of a music broadcast filled the room as they tried to convince themselves once again that they're now a couple.

"Since when I realized that I love you?" Seungho asked back and smiled when Aira blushed, "Probably since the time you made me a cup of coffee after a long day of practice. You remember? It was at your apartment, you barely said anything and just put a cup of hot coffee on the table for me. I was touched.."

"It's just a cup of coffee.." She frowned.

"Yeah, but no one ever did that before." He shifted on his seat trying to find a more comfortable position but then something in his pocket made him realized something, "Oh! I haven't give you my present yet, how could I forget?"

"You really buy me something?" She asked and sat up straight, allowing him to pulled out the box from his tight pocket.

"Of course.. I just didn't want anyone to ruin the moment." He smiled and turned around to face her, "Now, close your eyes.."

"Why?"

"Just close your eyes." 

She complied and a moment later she felt something cold grazed her neck as Seungho pushed her hair away slightly. Instinctively, she brought her hand up to touch the cold metal around her neck and opened her eyes. Before she managed to say anything, Seungho pulled her up and led her to a mirror near his room.

"I hope you like it." He turned her around to face her own reflection and he smiled when he saw her face. Aira touched the musical note pendant on the necklace Seungho put on her and met his eyes, telling him her feeling without words. A tiny blue violet stone on it caught her attention and she tilted her head at him for explanation, "Tanzanite, it's a birthstone for December."

"Ahh.." She nodded.

"It's a symbol of a new beginning. Some says it has the ability to help you understand yourself and your heart." He turned her around to face him, "As for the musical note.. my brother told me about your songs, why don't you write anymore?"

"I just.." Yeah, why don't I?

"Start again, Aira. You don't have to be afraid of anything anymore, I'm here."

"You really think I should?"

"Uhm." He nodded and gave her a kiss on her forehead to assure her.

She looked at the pendant once again and mumbled, "Seungho, you didn't have to buy me this.." Seungho sighed knowingly, Aira never changed, she always underestimated herself. He looked into her eyes, ones with an enchanting mix of innocence and bitterness, to make her understand that she was nothing like she saw herself as.

"You deserve all of the best things in the world, Aira.."

"But.."

"You don't believe me? You saw earlier, Joon only spends money on his girls and he gave you that expensive gift, you know how cheap he is with his money.." Seungho rolled his eyes.

"Are you saying that I'm one of his girls?" She frowned in displeasure.

"No, you're mine."

 

 

 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

 

 

 

G.O pulled out the folded papers from his pocket. The three other members decided to go somewhere to spend the night, but he liked being in the studio. He got all time for himself until morning comes, he might as well entertained himself.

He lifted up the cover of a piano on the corner of the room and sat on the chair. After flattening the slightly crumpled papers and put it in front of him, he let his fingers dance along with a chain of melodies that was hidden for years by its composer.

 

Aira's melody..

 

Raw pain and loneliness were etched clearly in every notes, and he felt himself shaken as his fingers continued moving to brought him into another realm. One filled with someone whom he put his eyes on these last few weeks, someone who he wanted to protect and watch over, mostly because she was someone precious to his bestfriend.

Someone who now gave him another reason to do so.

As his fingers played the last notes, he couldn't help himself to get more of it. He scanned the second paper filled with same handwritings and similarly beautiful notes. Only this time, he melted from the calm melodies filled with hope and comfort, ones that sent the same feelings into his heart. It felt magical, just like the first time he found music in his childhood.

She didn't only write the song, but also carved her soul into each and every notes and lyrics.

Byunghee sighed and stared at the dim lighted room ceiling, he couldn't erase Aira's face out of his mind. He only intended to watch. He liked being on the sideline, observing her and finding out more about what can he do to help her.

 

"."

 

He never intended to fall in love.

 

He grabbed his bag and put it around his shoulder as his feet betrayed his own rationality that was screaming for him to stay and leave the two alone just like he decided earlier that night. He hailed the first cab he saw the moment he stepped out of his company building.

He was late, he knew. 

He knew, he didn't have a chance.

 

What he saw inside the dorm confirmed it. Aira was sleeping on the couch, with her head rested comfortably on his bestfriend's chest, who was now staring at the sleeping girl inside his embrace with undeniable affection. He looked up when he noticed G.O in the room.

"Why are you here? You said you're going to be back in the morning." He asked matter-of-factly.

G.O didn't answer him and instead just went to his room and slammed the door harder than he expected to. He was upset, disappointed, that he didn't realize his own feeling sooner. 

"Hey, something's wrong?" Seungho's voice came from outside the door, but he wasn't intending to answer. He just didn't know how. He threw his bag on the floor and hide himself inside the comfort of his own blanket, "Byunghee! What happened?" the sound of Seungho's loud whisper made him curled up more. 

Shut up, Seungho. Just shut up..

 

 

 

 

 


AN:

Rather short, but I have to stop here :p 

I love your comments! Thank youuu  \(^0^)/