Chapter 11

In Search of Happiness

They arrived and walked inside of what turned out to be a studio for radio show. Aira trailed behind Seungho and G.O with a box of donuts they bought for today's staffs and casts. Boom stood up to greet them with a wide smile when they opened the studio door .

"Yaaaa... Seungho and G.O! Sit sit." He pointed to two chairs in front of the table with headphones and scripts in it.

"Annyonghaseyo.." Aira bowed to him and placed the food box on the table, "We brought some treats, please take care of us."

"Haha no need to be so formal, Seungho and G.O are my friends! Anyway, it's my first time meeting you, isn't it?" Boom reached out his hand for a shake.

"Ah, I'm Shin Aira, MBLAQ's new manager." Aira shook his hand with a smile.

"Wahh you guys have a girl following you around now? So lucky." He lightly smacked the back of Seungho's head which he returned with a laugh. Boom then continued to say to Aira, "Anyway, have a seat anywhere you like, we're still waiting for the guests to arrive."

"Who are these guests anyway, you didn't tell me when you asked us to co-host the show." G.O asked.

"After School, I think Nana and Lizzy will come as representatives." Boom answered, flipping through his script. He place his hand on Seungho's shoulder with a sly grin, "You must be happy, huh? Nana will come~" He singsonged.

"Aish. There's nothing between me and her!" Seungho shoved the elder's hand and glanced at Aira, observing her reaction. The said girl was sitting at one corner of the room busy with her phone, she heard what Boom said but pretend that she didn't. She knew it was a joke, but still she felt a tinge of bitter feeling about it and she didn't want to make it obvious. G.O took this chance to prove his theory. He was sure Aira has some feelings for Seungho.

"So, Aira, do you like After School?"

"Hmm.. I don't really know them, I'm sorry." She said, shrugging.

"But you must know Nana and Lizzy, right? What do you think about them?" G.O pressed her, not satisfied with the lack of expression on her face. 

"Yes.. they are pretty." She said.

"Especially Nana, whaa that girl is just... hot." Boom rested his back on his chair and said dreamily, "You have good eyes, Seungho!"

"Aish. How many times should I tell you that nothing going on between me and her!" He said again, annoyed. 

"Why are you getting so worked up, anyway?" G.O laughed and glanced at Aira. The girl still looked as if she didn't care and continued to get busy with whatever she was doing with her phone. 

I wouldn't know anything just by asking, I have to keep an eye on her some more.

 

When the After School girls came, they started recording almost immediately. Aira stayed still on her seat trying not to make any noise and watched them as they work. She was interested on how the show was recorded, knowing what was scripted and what improvisations they made as the show went on. But her interest faded when she observed the interaction between Seungho and Nana, who were sitting side by side.

 

They look so close..

 

She looked around to distract her mind from the two and scanned the room, observing every other casts in the room. Lizzy was sitting in the middle of Nana and G.O, answering what Boom just asked her. G.O was flipping his script papers and laughed at Lizzy's answer, joined by Seungho and Boom. Then Nana joined the conversation by answering the same question with a more serious answer. The atmosphere was great and everything proceeded nicely. 

 

They were used to it, this was their world.

 

And here, in the middle of people who wore expensive branded items as their casual attires and talked about their world on the radio, a familiar feeling she dealt with for so long came to greet her again. She felt out of place.

She looked at herself and felt like she wanted to hide out of embarassment. She only wore her usual washed out jeans and a plain sweater, and a pair of sneakers that she already owned for years. While across her, the girls were wearing fashionable looking jeans short paired with trendy blouses that she knew were from well-known brands. Their feet which were hanging down below the table were wrapped with beautiful high top sneakers that looked like they never stepped an inch on dirty concrete. 

"Hey, what is this mean?" She heard Nana whispered to Seungho while pointed to her script. Her hands were on his shoulder and she leaned her body closer to him. Seungho turned around and explained to her with a close range between his and Nana's face, their shoulders touched. She nodded at his explanation and smiled thankfully, in which he returned by smiling back. 

 

Aira froze.

 

Seungho was always with her for the last months that she forgot that he was the Yang Seungho. Leader of MBLAQ that was respected by other idols, especially those younger than him. An idol who has thousands of fans out there to love him. 

 

Someone out of reach..

 

Being around Seungho and watching him taking care of her seemed to make her got too used to his presence. She forgot that his smile and kindness weren't hers only.

Her face fell in bitter feelings as she scooted back on her seat and pressed her lips into a thin line. She felt cold all of a sudden. She closed her eyes tightly to ease out any negative thoughts from her mind. When she slowly opened her eyes, her breath stopped in when she suddenly met G.O's concerned eyes.

 

He realized something was wrong.

 

Aira stood up from her seat and rushed to exit the studio, trying to be as subtle as she could. She couldn't take it anymore, her heart beat faster that it hurt. By the time she reached the empty hallway, she leaned against the wall and realized that there was something else other than self-pity mixed in what she was feeling.

 

Jealousy.

 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦ 

 

 

 

Feeling a cold stare from his right side, Seungho turned around and greeted by G.O displeased face. 

"What?" He mouthed, but the other guy just rolled his eyes and focused back to the script in front of him. Seungho looked at across the room, where Aira supposed to be sitting but he found no one. He looked around and realized that she was no longer inside the studio with them. He shrugged, thinking that maybe she received a call or something.

The radio live recording ended almost an hour later and he finally found her outside after they bid goodbye with the other casts and staffs. Actually, he found her with G.O on the side of the building. Aira with a half-burned cigarette in her hand leaned against the wall not looking at G.O who was talking to her.

Seungho didn't even realize that G.O left the studio before him because he was busy talking with the After School girls. They were so bright and chatty that Seungho stayed longer than he intended, it was fun teasing those dongsaengs of him.

"I was right, wasn't I?" He overheard G.O talking and he saw Aira shook her head weakly, saying something he didn't catch. When she saw him, she stood straight and asked him if he was done. Seungho nodded and Aira threw her cigarette into the nearest bin, she walked to the parking lot without saying anything. He frowned and looked at G.O for any explanation about Aira's somehow cold attitude. But G.O just sighed and followed Aira, didn't bother to answer him.  

 

At the parking lot, G.O snacthed the car key from Aira's hand and opened the passenger seat door for her. "I'm driving. You're tired enough right? Just rest for a while."

Seungho expected Aira to protest like before but she just stepped inside the car and let G.O took the driving seat. Clearly something happened and only the two of them knew what was it. Seungho got into the back seat quietly and racked his brain to find something, anything that could tell him about what happened but he didn't find anything.

"Aira, is there something wrong?" He finally asked after a painful 15 minutes of drive in silence.

"No, nothing's wrong." She answered shortly, keeping her eyes outside of the car.

"Then wh—"

"She's just tired. Aren't you tired? We still have a schedule after this, just sleep for a while Seungho." G.O looked at him from the rear mirror.

 

It's you , it's because you got all touchy touchy with other girl back there.

 

G.O didn't blame him though, it's not like Seungho knew about Aira's feeling, in which he was 100% sure that she had special feelings towards him. G.O glanced at Aira, sighing. Does she even realize her own feeling? When G.O asked again earlier, she kept on insisted that she didn't like Seungho. That was up to her to decide I guess, he thought. It seemed like he had to keep an eye on them to make sure no one gets hurt.

"You're going to be there at night practice again, right?" Seungho asked Aira, deciding to just let it go. Maybe she did feel tired.

"Why? You want another night snacks? Tch." G.O scoffed and laughed.

"You enjoyed the pizza she bought last night too!"

"Well, who says no to cheese pizza? If you're coming again tonight, buy that again for me okay?" G.O said.

"Ermmm... I think I won't come tonight." Aira said hesitantly, her eyes went back and forth between the two guys.

"Why? You're that tired?" Seungho asked, feeling disappointed.

"No, it's not that.." She raised her phone, which was showing the message application, "I have another appointment."

 

 

From : Seunghoon

Stop spoiling my brother and s, come and watch me play tonight at XX club!