Chapter 16

In Search of Happiness

Everyone immediately sat on their respective place inside the beauty shop to get themselves ready for the day. Today's schedule would begin with Dream Team recording, and the hairstylist didn't really have to take a long time to prepare the idols with the reason 'they would ruin their hair the moment they rolled around the ground anyway..'.

Cheondung was asking for a stronger hair gel when Byungki started to announce to everyone that it was Aira's birthday. Seungho was with his usual hairstylist and she didn't take too long to tell him her idea, "Seungho, Aira is a pretty girl.." She started.

"Of course she is." Seungho said without thinking. 

"But do you think she could use some make over?" Yejin, the hairstylist, suggested carefully. 

"She doesn't need one." He said truthfully, he glanced at Aira's reflection on the mirror and he believed his own words. She was sipping her coffee, listening to Byungki talked about work with full attention. Aira was beautiful as she was, she doesn't need to change anything.

"I know, I know she doesn't need one." Yejin chuckled, but she had to convince the guy. For someone who works in the entertainment bussiness, Aira was too plain. Being an experienced stylist and also a woman, Yejin knew that Aira didn't really like her appearance. She needed to get some confidence in herself, and Yejin would love to contribute. She needs to feel good about herself, and what could be a more appropriate time than her birthday? Yejin thought. "But I want to give her a birthday present, so.. A make over, what do you think?"

"I'm not really sure.." Seungho furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't like the idea, will Aira feel offended?

"Well, I'm just giving you a heads up. You might want to act faster after I'm done with her.." Yejin sprayed Seungho's hair with the strongest hairspray she had.

"What do you mean?"

"A girl like her.." Yejin matched Seungho's eyes direction which was on Aira and continued, "No men can leave her alone."

 

 

 

Being true to her words, Yejin held Aira back when everyone was ready to leave the shop, "I want to do something with you, do you mind?" She asked her.

"But I have to go with them." Aira said confusedly.

"Don't worry, I told Byungki and he said you could go after you're done, he can handle the work by himself for a while.."

Aira wasn't really sure that she could skip her work, but she got no choice other than to follow the older girl as she sat her down at her workstation, "What are we going to do?"

"It's your birthday, isn't it? Allow me to work my magic on you." Yejin winked playfully and touched Aira's hair. They were so soft and delicate, similar to the girl who owns them, "Your hair is so beautiful..but, do you ever think to color it?"

Aira didn't have to think much before she shook her head. Her hair was always black and she never had any intention to change it. Yejin told Aira her intention and she finally earned her permission to work on her hair after throwing out persuasive words such as 'everyone does it..' and even some pleadings 'please I really need someone to be my experiment object for my newest color mix.'

"What are you going to do with it?" Aira asked curiously.

"Just trust me, I won't let you walk out of this shop without feeling beautiful." Yejin gave her an endearing smile and she couldn't help but smiled back in thankfulness.

 

Aira never knew it would take that long to get her hair done and she felt anticipation started to build in her self. And when Yejin finally done blowing dry her hair, Aira understood why girls always coming in and out of beauty shops. Yejin smiled in satisfaction when she saw Aira's eyes slowly filled with awe at her own reflection. 

"Unnie.." Aira opened .

"Yes, Aira?"

"This..is.." Aira turned around to see her fairy godmother for the day, "Your hands are magic!"

"Hahaha it's not my hands that were magic. You are a beautiful girl, I only help to accentuate it a little bit more." Yejin grabbed a brush to gave Aira's hair a final touch.

She brushed Aira's now medium-length hair softly. She curled it with her fingers to frame Aira's face at all the right places, bringing out her soulful eyes for anyone to notice. Her dark-ash brown hair glimmered in the light with small lighter strands here and there, and it flowed on her shoulder when she turned around again to see her reflection on the mirror. 

This wasn't what she expected when she woke up this morning. She never expected to feel.. amazing

Aira felt a tap on her shoulder and she heard Yejin said to her ear, "Now, go out and make people lose their breaths.."

 

 

 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

 

 

 

Seungho catched the towel that Byungki tossed him the moment the director cued the filming to stop for a lunch break. He looked around and approached his manager, asking whether Aira hadn't come yet. It was usually her that gives him water or towel during filming breaks. 

"Oh she's here, she's with Mir." Byungki pointed across them, where Seungho saw Mir playing with her new hair in amazement, "Yejin noona did a really great job, huh?" Byungki added.

Seungho knew what he meant, and his eyes couldn't look away from the now blushing girl across him. She was surrounded by the other MBLAQ members and it seemed like they already expressed their thought about the new hairstyle. Whatever it was that they were saying, she was happy with it.

As he approached the group closer, his heart started to beat faster when he realized what Yejin meant back at the shop. Aira's eyes always looked tired, but now with bangs framing them, those deep orbs finally became the window to her soul for everyone to see. 

No one would be able to escape staring into them, and when they did no one would be able to leave her alone. Just like those eyes did to Seungho the first time they met.

 

She was beautiful, inside and out.

 

"Beautiful.." Seungho's thought was interrupted by G.O's voice. He cursed inwardly at his friend, he should be the one saying that first.

"She always is.." Seungho said defensively.

"Thank you.." Aira smiled sincerely at everyone, trying not to be affected by Seungho's words, "Sorry for dicthing work earlier."

"You came back looking like this, who would mind?" Cheondung shrugged as everyone sat on the table where the broadcast staffs already prepared their lunch.

"Why didn't you do it sooner noona?" Mir couldn't stop touching her soft hair, amazed that he never realized the true beauty of his manager.

"Mir, stop playing with her hair." Seungho grunted in annoyance.

"Why? Is she yours?" Mir jokingly challenged him. Only in public did he dare to talk back to his hyung like that, even for a joke.

"Just stop." Seungho glared at the maknae.

Besides him, G.O couldn't hold his amused smile at his friend's jealous act. Don't worry Seungho, I'll make sure you have time of your own to be alone with her..

"So, you got a good place already for dinner?" Joon asked Cheondung.

"Of course, 8 pm at XX restaurant." 

"XX restaurant in Cheongdam-dong?" Aira asked, suprised. "The place is too expensive, can we find another place?"

"You don't have to worry." Joon smiled in assurance and when Aira opened again to protest, he added, "Uh oh, no buts and no excuses. You'll come with us tonight."

 

 

Just as planned, Seungho left the location with Aira to go to his next schedule. Aira had beg Byungki to switch place with her, but he turned her down with the reason that the other schedule 'has more girl groups'. Now she didn't have any choice but to deal with the awkwardness between her and Seungho.

"So, when are you going to say something?" Seungho asked lightly during their drive.

"About what?" Aira tighten her grip on the steering wheel. Here it comes..

"Why you kissed me.." 

"I di–"

"Oh now you're lying? So what was that? You want to say that you unintentionally fell and landed with your lips on my forehead?" Seungho chuckled amusedly. 

"Okay fine. I did." She cringed in embarassment, "I'm sorry.." She bit her lips.

"Why are you saying sorry? I just asked you why you did it.." Seungho moved on his seat so that he could face her, "So.."

"I just... Seungho, can't we forget about it? It was a mistake. It won't happen again, I promise." She pleaded.

"A mistake?" He asked, disturbed. How could you say it was a mistake? I want you to just say that you have the same feelings for me..

"Yes."

"Fine." He moved back on his seat trying not to be too annoyed at her. He didn't buy it, but her words still hurt him nonetheless.

 

 

 

When they arrived at the location, the other casts were there already. For the first time since she started her job, she met B2ST, who immediately greeted Seungho like the bestfriends they were.

"Stop staring.." Seungho said between his smile at Doojoon, who couldn't keep his eyes off Aira. He never one to bother to look at girls, but the new girl Seungho came with took his attention the moment she stepped into the studio and bowed to him gracefully.

"Who is she?" Junhyung asked when Aira started to get busy with things. 

"My new manager, Shin Aira."

"Your manager?" Junhyung chuckled, "I never knew you have personal manager..do you mean MBLAQ's?"

"Yeah..that." Seungho rolled his eyes, feeling embarassed and annoyed at the same time. Why can't I call her mine?

"Excuse me..you need any help with that?" Seungho heard Doojoon said several feets away from him.  He didn't even realize that Doojoon wasn't there with them anymore. He looked around and saw the younger guy was standing besides Aira who was trying to arrange the things Seungho needed for filming. She was carrying two bags and Doojoon offered to take one with him.

"Ah, it's okay.." She smiled sincerely, but Doojoon already took the string of a bag she carried on her shoulder and put in on his.

"Yah! Do you see what I see? What's Doojoon hyung doing?" Gikwang slipped himself between Seungho and Junhyung.

"Ahahahaha. YAH! YOON DOOJOON!" Junhyung called out to his friend, "Where are you going?!" He asked as he saw Doojoon walked besides Aira towards another room.

"Call me when the filming starts!" Doojoon shouted, totally oblivious to the fact that he became the center of attention from his friends. He was known as cold towards girls, especially ones he didn't know, so his act was something worth questioned for.

"Aish, really." Seungho took a step towards the problematic scene in front of him but Junhyung's hand on his shoulder put him to a stop.

"Let him, it's been so long since he showed any kind of interest towards a girl." Junhyung chuckled again, "It's good to know that he's not gay by the way he looks at her."

"That's the problem." Seungho ignored the confused expression Junhyung had and went to the direction of the two. He walked inside and found them on one corner, talking.

"So, I can just call you Aira, right?" Seungho heard Doojoon said and Aira nodded with a smile, something Seungho hadn't even get for himself coming from her all day.

"Doojoon-ah.." Seungho called as he approached the two, "What are you doing?" He tried to sound indifferent.

"Oh hyung, I'm just helping her a bit.."

"Just go back, the others are waiting." Seungho suggested.

"The filming isn't starting yet, right? I'll just finish this with her then I'll be back." Doojoon said and turned again to Aira, not catching the elder's mood.

"Now."

"I'll just be–" Doojoon tried to assure Seungho that he wasn't going to abandon his own group but then he realized that it wasn't even the problem.

The girl he was hitting on was.

"Oh." His smile faltered as he glanced at Aira, "I'm sorry.. I didn't know."

"What's wrong, Doojoon-ssi?" Aira asked, confused at the sudden change of atmosphere.

"It's nothing.. Well, I guess I'll just go back inside. See you later, Aira-ssi." He emphasized the formality, "You too, hyung. See you inside."

 

 

 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

 

 

 

Seungho took the keys from Aira just when she was about to open the car door, "I'm driving." He said shortly, didn't want to take no for an answer. B2ST's van stopped when it drove past them, revealing Junhyung and Doojoon the moment the side window was lowered.

"We'll go first, careful on your way! Don't let him drive too fast, Aira-ssi." Junhyung said.

"Nae, good work today." She waved her hands and smiled.

"You too, see you later Aira.." Doojoon said smiling, "I mean, Aira-ssi."

"Drop by our dorm sometimes!" Junhyung shouted and raised up the window as their van drove away. 

"Come on, we should get going to." Seungho said and and sat on the driver seat. They exited the parking lot and five minutes of drive went silent until Aira noticed where the car was heading.

 

"Where are we going? I thought we're going straight to Gangnam."

"We need to talk." Seungho answered and turned the wheel to lead them to Han river, "I can't wait anymore."

Something flamed inside him when he saw Aira smiled and talked with Doojoon earlier, and he didn't like the fact that he was jealous at his own friend. He needed to know Aira's true feeling before he could decide whether he should feel threatened about any other guy.

 

He needed to know her feelings for him.

 

Seungho parked the car below a tree, where it was secluded and didn't have many people walking around. He unbuckled his seatbelt and faced her, "Aira, tell me the truth. Do you have feelings for me?"

"Why are you keep on thinking that way?!" Aira said in frustration. She knew she would have to deal with this topic again, but she hadn't even sort out her feelings yet, how could she even answer him?

"Because I want it to be the truth!" Seungho shouted unconsciously, he needed her to say it, "If you don't, say it, so I don't have to keep wondering about the reason why you kissed me!"

"I told you it was a m–"

"Don't give me that, Aira. Please, just say it and I'll stop asking you."

"No, I don't have feelings for you! Please just stop ask–"

She was cut off when his lips caught hers, making everything turned into a blur. She tried to pulled away but Seungho's warm hand on the back of her neck forced her to face the raw emotion he tried to convince her along with the desperate kiss.

 

 

He loved her.

 

 

and by the way her heart almost explode, Aira knew that the feeling was mutual.

 

 

The sudden ring of Seungho's phone pulled him back to the world around him. Staring at the girl he just kissed, he knew he already bared his heart for her too see. Without ever breaking their eye contact, Seungho brought his phone to his ear and half listened to Joon's voice coming from the other line.

"Where are you guys? It's time to party!"

 

 

 

 

 


AN:

Short cameo of Doojoon, just because I want him it