Chapter 10

In Search of Happiness

 

"Thank you for coming into my life."

 

Aira's words keep on ringing in Seungho's mind as he sat and let the hair stylist did her work. The corners of his lips raised into a smile and he looked at the mirror in front of him to search for her reflection somewhere in the room. Joon was done with his hair and was asleep in sitting position on the couch. Mir was busy with his phone on the chair across him with another hairstylist applying gel on his hair to keep it in place. Cheondung was nowhere to be seen, perhaps still washing his hair at the other room. And G.O was sitting besides him.

He turned his eyes to the further side of the room, and there she was. She was looking through some papers alone with a serious expression on her face. Her long black hair tied up into a messy bun with some hair left around to frame her face. When Mir was done, he sat besides her and talk with her excitedly.

"So, are you going to do something apart from staring at her from time to time?" Byunghee said and Seungho snapped his head towards him, earning a protest grunt from his hairstylist.

"Yah! Keep your voice down."

"Why? You liking her is a fact everyone knows already.. isn't it, noona?" He looked up to Seungho's hairstylist and she nodded, trying to hold in her amused smile.

"Am I that obvious? Does she also know?" Seungho asked them.

"Well, I don't know. Why don't you ask her yourself? She's coming.." Byunghee said and smiled at Aira's reflection on the mirror. She smiled back and stood in the middle of the two.

"Hey, I'm sorry for disturbing, but I need to ask something and Byungki isn't answering his phone." She raised a paper she was holding and scanned through it, before looking up again and meet Seungho's eyes, "It's said that only the two of you will go with me to the next schedule, how about the others? We only have one van."

"Ahh..that..I think yesterday Kevin hyung told me that we'll go by his car. He was here earlier and left his car outside. Byungki will be here later to fetch Joon, Mir and Cheondung, they will use the van." Byunghee answered.

"I see.. so I can just leave the van's key to them, right?" She asked again, still facing Seungho.

"Yes, just leave it to them, and Aira, I'm the one answering all the questions so why are you looking at him?" Byunghee protested.

"What? Oh. I'm sorry.." She turned around and looked down, feeling embarassed when she realized what she did. It wasn't that she didn't acknowledge G.O's presence but when Seungho's strong pair of eyes met hers, she just couldn't look away. 

It's been happening since the night before, when she caught Seungho looking at her in the middle of their night practice. She didn't really pay attention to it the first time, but when she met his eyes for the third time that night, she found herself looking back at him.

He sometimes nodded and smiled when he was caught looking, but sometimes he just stared. It was as if he didn't even realize that she knew he was looking. So many thoughts ran through her mind but in the end she decided that it was just because Seungho still somehow worried about her.

But he really doesn't have to.. I'm fine now.

 

Sighing, she got her mind back to the task at hand. Getting the two ready for their next schedule.

"You two know the way right? Because I'm not familiar with the address.." She said after she read the address written on the paper.

"I'll just drive us there." Seungho offered.

"No, it's okay. I can use the navigation but I'm just afraid it messes up like yesterday, just point me the way if we got lost." She said helplessly. 

"Sure.. but I don't mind to drive, you know."

"I don't think Kevin will appreciate it if he knew I'm ditching my work and sit back relaxing myself while you're behind the wheel." She let out a small chuckle. That senior coworker of hers was a strict one, but he was nice so she didn't want to disappoint him. 

"Well, okay." Seungho shrugged.

"Can we stop by the Coffee Bean? I need my coffee." Byunghee asked and she nodded before she walked back to the couch, checking other things before they left.

 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

 

"Go.." Byunghee shoved his body in the middle of the front seats, with his eyes on Seungho.

"Why do I need to go? You're the one wanting the coffee." He protested. Their car was parked outside of a Coffee Bean store and somehow no one wanted to come out to make the purchase. Aira sighed and looked at her watch, she only have thirty minutes to drive them to the location. She couldn't be late.

"I'm your manager, I'll just buy it, what do you want?" She buckled off her seatbelt.

"You're our manager, not our maid. Seungho, just go!" Byunghee gave him his credit card. With a groan, Seungho snacthed the card and get out. He put on a smile at the people recognizing him when he entered the store and cursed inwardly when he saw the long queue in front of him.

Inside the car, Byunghee turned his head at Aira and smirked, "Now, it's just the two of us.."

"You sound creepy.." She raised one of her eyebrow, remembering what Seungho told her about how Byunghee would sometimes act 'ert-ish', "Should I be scared?" she asked him matter-of-factly.

"Maybe.." He shrugged, "So you better tell me the truth."

"About what?" She asked in confusion. G.O knew everything about her already, she was sure Seungho told him. Why would she had to tell him anything anymore?

"Do you like Seungho?"

"Eh?" She widen her eyes totally wasn't expecting the question, "No, I don't."

"Really?" It was G.O's turn to be surprised. He was almost certain that the girl shared the same feeling as his friend, "You sure?" He asked again.

"Yes. I don't like him in that way."

"Okay, I'll change the question. How do you feel about him?" He asked again.

"Hmm.. he was my idol, I think he still is. And by what happened, I respect him more. I feel thankful towards him.. and it might sounds weird, but I feel secure everytime he's around." She said dreamily and was about to let out a smile when she noticed the look on G.O's face, "You know, like a brother or something. Why did you ask?" she said in a hurry.

"I just wanted to know, that's all." He shrugged, before he could ask any more questions, the passenger seat door opened and Seungho stepped in with three cup of Americanos in his hand.

"I don't know what you like, Americano is fine right?" Seungho gave one to Aira and she received it with a smile. He turned around to give G.O his cup and frowned when he saw G.O was smirking towards Aira. "What are you doing? Aira, did he do something to you?"

"No, no, he didn't. We were just talking.."

"Talking about what?"

"Small things, and can you please close the door, it's cold." Aira pointed to his back, trying to change the topic. Her mind was still on the question G.O asked earlier and she felt confused all of a sudden. She didn't lie, she doesn't feel that way towards Seungho.

Does she?

"Aish, that's why I told you to wear thicker clothes!" Seungho put his cup on the dashboard and grabbed Aira's palm, "Look, your hands are cold again."

 

Behind them, a pair of eyes observed how Aira's cheek blushed slightly when Seungho touched her and she mumbled something before putting her hands on the wheel. She glanced a couple of times at Seungho while driving and instantly looked away when he looked back. G.O scooted back at his seat and sipped his coffee, an amused smile grew on his face.

 

Hmmm..this is interesting.

 

 

 

 


AN:

Yes I change the last bit of precious chapter. I know I kind of promised to update faster, but working with deadline is just haaaarrrdddd, it left me sleep deprived, non existent social life, and most importantly no time to spoil my inner fangirl *cries* 

I should quit my job and left penniless

Anyway, thanks for reading and comments are loved <3