Chapter 9

In Search of Happiness

It was time for MBLAQ to go to their next schedule location. It was a beautiful park just outside Seoul where they would do a photoshoot for a magazine interview. After done making sure everything set for them, Aira sat on the pavement and rested her back on fence behind her. She watched the guys as they do poses that the cameraman wanted. She smiled at herself watching what's going on behind those amazing pictures she often saw on the magazines.

They already shot countless of pictures but the cameraman didn't seem like he was finished yet. Seungho already seemed tired, and they're going to go for practice again tonight? I can't believe it.

"Who are you staring at? Cheondung? Mir? Joon? Byunghee? or.... Seungho?" Byungki startled her when he got besides Aira, handing her a coffee.

"God, you surprised me! Everyone, actually. They're working so hard.." 

"Yeah.. I sometimes admire them for that." Byungki admitted and sat besides her.

"They must be tired."

"And you don't? You basically ran off back and forth dealing with things all day."

"You know what I mean.."

"Hahaha yeah yeah, go ahead and be a fangirl all you want. but here, eat this." Aira just realized that she was hungry when Byungki gave her a cup of ramen.

"Oh, thanks." She said thankfully.

Byungki made her first day of work felt easy. He only gave her small tasks and always joke around with her to make her feel comfortable. Aira was glad to have him as her co-worker. She opened the lid of her ramen and swirled it around with her chopstick.

"Aira, look here." She turned her head while slurping her ramen and it turned out that Byungki was taking her picture with his phone.

"Yah!" She shouted with mouth full of ramen.

"Hahahaha this is cute. I'm gonna upload it to twitter." He typed in his twitter app and attached the photo.

 

Someone's hungry.. -twitpic attached-

3 seconds ago from Twitter for Android

 

He laughed when he read some mentions which came almost instantly, "They still thought you're my girlfriend, you know, hahahaha. Ah, some are asking your twitter account, see? You have fans already!" He showed his phone to her.

"You silly, and I don't have one." She shrugged.

"Then make one, I'm going to make one for you, what's your email?" Aira gave up and let him made her a twitter account. It would come in handy somehow anyway..

 

Across them, Seungho and Mir were taking a break and let the rest of the guys doing their solo shots. Seungho barely talked to Aira today and he couldn't wait until everything was done so that he could ask her about her day. He saw her and Byungki near their van, eating and laughing with each other.

It's so great being you, Byungki.

He sighed and look around. Besides him, Mir was taking pictures of his surrounding, "What are you taking?" he moved closer to him, curious as to what the maknae was doing.

"Aira noona, Byungki hyung just tweeted her picture, I don't want to lose." He took a picture of Aira sipping her coffee then smiled to himself, "Got that, now upload!"

 

Now I have another manager to scold me T_T -twitpic attached-

1 minute ago from Twitter for Android

 

He scrolled down his phone reading mentions that came, "Hahaha they're asking about her." Mir instantly busy with his phone, reading some mentions to kill time. Seungho's eyes once again back at Aira, who was now listening to Byungki and laugh along with him. A small smile perked up on his face, feeling happy for knowing that the girl he cared so much about wasn't alone anymore.

 

 

 

♦ ♦ ♦

 

 

 

"Tired?"

Aira turned around to see the owner of a voice coming from behind her. She smiled awkwardly at the sight of the blonde haired guy with a concerned expression on his face.

"Ah, no. I should be the one asking you that.." She was about to get up from the swing she sat on but Seungho sat on the one besides her, so she stayed on her position.

"I'm used to it." He shrugged, "Want me to push you?"

"Haha no, it's so cold, I don't think playing swing will be the best idea." She chuckled. 

No one said a thing for a while and Aira played with her feet to ease her awkwardness. It was easy to be around Seungho when it was just the two of them inside her apartment, secured from the world. But to be out in the open like this and with people around, it wasn't as easy. She felt that she had to say something, people would look at it weirdly if they sat together like that and do nothing.

"So.." They both said in unison.

Seungho laughed and asked her to speak first, "Hahaha, what are you going to say?"

"Ah ani, you can speak first." 

"I just wanted to ask you about your day. How is it, your first day of work?"

"It's good, Byungki helped me a lot." She smiled, looking at the direction of Byungki who was talking with Joon across them, when he noticed Aira looking at him he waved and gave her a small wink, which Aira replied by a laugh. That coworker of hers been flirting around with her, but Aira knew it was just his way to cheer her up and made her feel welcomed, and she's thankful for that.

"I see.. it's good then." Seungho forced a smile. Damn you Byungki.. "You're going to be there at practice or is your work done after this?" He asked again.

"Hmm.. I think Byungki told me that I can go home after today's schedule ends, you know, because it's my first day and I don't really needed at practice, do I?" She shrugged.

A slight disappointment flashed across Seungho's face and he racked his brain to find any reason for her to stay. He couldn't follow her to her apartment, not with the schedules he had for the next day. It was silly because he knew she'd come again tomorrow but he didn't want her to be away from him.

"Yah. You're our manager, of course you have to come to our practice. What if we need some mid night snacks?"

"Mid night snacks?" She frowned in confusion. Did Seungho really tell her that she have to come to practice to buy some snacks?

"Yes. Practice is tiring you know. So, you have to come, arasso? Don't listen to Byungki." 

"Well, okay.." She nodded slowly. 

Suddenly, a strong wind blew through them. Aira shivered for only wearing her sweater over her tshirt and Seungho instantly got up from his seat to take off his jacket. Aira looked up to see him stood in front of her, putting his jacket across her shoulder to shield her from the cold. Seungho noticed the surprised expression on her face and couldn't help but feel embarassed. He didn't mean to do it, but just like the first time he met her, his body reacted faster than his brain.

"You should wear thicker clothes tomorrow. Just wear this." He tried not to see her in the eyes as he pulled the jacket tighter on her shoulder.

"But.." 

"Anyway, I'm going to go back to the set. See you later!" Seungho turned around but then he felt a small hands on his wrist. Slowly, he turned back to face her to see a warm smile on her lips.

"Seungho, thank you.." Aira said sincerely. 

"It's nothing, I still have another jacket in the van." He scratched the back of his neck.

"No, it's not that." Aira looked around. Warmth, a foreign feeling for her, washed through her as she saw people she started to grow familiar with during the few weeks. She wouldn't have thought that it was possible for her to feel that way about anything anymore. 

Her life started to change, and it was all because of Seungho. Aira looked up once again to meet the eyes of the guy who didn't give up on her even when she already had. 

"Thank you for coming into my life."