Smile. Frown. Smirk

I Got A Feeling

During the break in the middle, you told Raehwan that you had to go to the restroom and he quickly gave you directions to the nearest one. 

You followed his directions properly and found yourself in the restroom, washing your hands with freezing water. You stared at your reflection in the mirror, a sad expression quickly replacing the smile that was once on your face.

The thought of Feeldog and the girl entered your mind again.  

"Why do I keep feeling this way?" You whispered to yourself as you turned the faucet off. "Could I possibly like Feeldog?" 

You glared at your reflection. "Kim Jihyo. Wake up! He doesn't even like you. He may act sweet, but it's just acting. He doesn't care about you." 

Feeldog's smiling face and caring eyes entered your mind.

A quiet sigh escaped your lips. "I don't like the way I'm feeling right now." You whispered, your eyes turning sad once again.

"Oh Gwangsuk..." You looked down at your hands as tears formed in your eyes. "Am I really falling for you?" 

The door of the restroom opened and two girls walked in. One of the girls happened to be the girl that you dreadfully wanted to stay away from at the moment. 

"You never told me that he was good at running!" The other girl happily commented as the two of them moved to stand beside you. 

"He's really good right? That's my oppa!" She happily replied while she fixed her hair, combing it out with her fingers. 

You looked away and walked over to the paper towels, drying your hands.

The two girls continued to talk about Feeldog, causing you to feel uneasy and awkward.

You blocked out their voices as you quickly walked out of the bathroom, bumping into someone in the hallway. 

You fell onto the somewhat hard but soft person, feeling a sharp pain in your right ankle. 

"Ow..." You mumbled under your breath, groaning as you slowly lifted your head up to look at the person you had fallen on. 

Your eyes widened as you came face to face with the attractive Lee Minhyuk. 

*Oh my gosh!* You panicked as you frantically moved away him to sit up, wincing as pain filled your ankle.

You grabbed your ankle. "Ow!" You yelled out.

Minhyuk sat up and moved closer to you, softly placing his hand over your ankle. "Are you okay? Does your ankle hurt?" You could hear the worry in his voice. 

You nodded in response, a pained expression on your face.

"You probably sprained it." Minhyuk said, looking at you with concerned eyes. "Do you think you can get up?" 

You looked down at the ground and bit your lip. You leaned on your arms as you tried to get up from the position you were in, only to end up falling back down again. 

You looked up at Minhyuk. "I can't get up. It hurts too much." You could feel tears forming in your eyes from the pain you were feeling.

Minhyuk sighed and stood up, smoothing down his clothes. He turned around and squatted so that his back was facing you.

"Get on." He simply said.

You stared at him. "What?"

He looked over his shoulder at you. "Get on my back. I'll carry you."

"N-n-no. I can't." You nervously said. 

He moved back so that he was closer to you. "It's either you get on my back or I'll carry you in a different way." 

"But you don't even know me..." You mumbled to yourself.

"Different way it is." Minhyuk said as he turned to face you, placing an arm under your knees and behind your back.

He suddenly lifted you up, catching you by surprise. You wrapped your arms tightly around his neck out of fear that you might fall down. 

"Whoa!" You let out, hooking your hands that were behind his neck. 

Minhyuk chuckled. *Cute.* He looked at you. "Told you I would carry you a different way." 

You pouted. "Please put me down." You told him in a serious tone. 

A teasing smile formed on Minhyuk's face as he shook his head at you, beginning to walk forward. "Just let me carry you. You're injured and I would rather carry you than force you to walk on your own."

You stared at him.

"Besides, I don't like seeing girls having a hard time. So let me be a gentlemen and carry you so that you won't have to feel pain." He flashed you a cute smile.

You blushed and looked down, embarrassed at the way he was looking at you. You nodded and gave up, letting him carry you freely.

Minhyuk chuckled and looked forward, making sure not to lose his balance. You were light in Minhyuk's arms, making it easy for him to carry you around. 

Minhyuk looked at you, seeing you looking away from him.

He stared at your face. *She's so light. Doesn't this girl eat?* He scanned your eyes, your cheeks, and your lips. *She's pretty good-looking too.* He couldn't help but feel shy.

After a few minutes of silence and walking through different hallways, the two of you reached the bleachers. 

You saw Feeldog sitting in your seat and chatting happily with Raehwan. Raehwan noticed you and Minhyuk and quickly ran to the two of you. 

"What happened?" He worriedly asked, watching as Minhyuk slowly let you down to sit in one of the seats. 

Feeldog stood up as well, following to stand behind Raehwan. 

"We kind of had an accident." Minhyuk looked at you. "I think she sprained her ankle."

Feeldog looked at you with concerned eyes, quickly moving to sit beside you. "Are you okay?" He whispered.

You nodded in reply, looking down at your injured ankle. 

Raehwan glared at Minhyuk, grabbing his collar and pulling him close. "Can't you watch where you're going? You hurt my dongsaeng!"

You quickly grabbed Raehwan and pulled him away from Minhyuk.

"Oppa! It was my fault. I walked out of the restroom too fast to notice anything in front of me. I bumped into him." You explained, pulling him into the other seat beside you. "You should be thankful to Minhyuk-ssi. He could've left me there but instead, he carried me here." 

Minhyuk looked at you, eyes slightly wide. "How do you know my name?" 

You smiled. "You're in the race remember? They called out your name." 

Minhyuk chuckled nervously. "Oh yeah." He mentally slapped himself.

You giggled at his cuteness. "Well, since I know your name, it would be fair if you knew mine to."

You tried standing up, staring at the ground and making sure to keep your injured ankle off the ground. You lost your balance and fell back down into your seat, a small pout forming on your lips. 

You grabbed Raehwan's shoulder and leaned down on it, pushing yourself up. Feeldog also stood up, wrapping his arm around your waist to support you. Raehwan followed and held onto your arm for balance.

You smiled at Minhyuk as soon as you were standing straight. "My name is Jihyo. Kim Jihyo. And this is my cousin Raehwan oppa." You gestured towards Raehwan who was embarrassed after his action earlier.

Minhyuk bowed towards him. 

"And this," You pointed to Feeldog. "is Oh Gwangsuk."

Minhyuk nodded. "You're really good at running." He complimented Feeldog.

"Thank you." Feeldog smiled. "Also, thanks for carrying my girlfriend back here. She must've been heavy." 

You glared at Feeldog. "Shut up." 

Feeldog chuckled at you.

Minhyuk slighty looked away and frowned at the word 'girlfriend', making sure that nobody could see his expression. He was somewhat upset since he was hoping that you would be single. *I guess being friends will be enough. She seems like a really cool person anyway.* Minhyuk thought to himself, looking back at the three of you with a small smile on his face. 

The ringing of the speaker caught your attentions. 

"All athletes return to the field. We will resume the competition in 5 minutes. I repeat, all athletes return to the field."

Minhyuk sighed and looked at you. "Sorry I have to leave you now. I hope your ankle will get better. It was nice to meet you." He showed you his cute smile. "And you guys as well." He nodded at the two boys supporting you.

You nodded. "It was nice meeting you too Minhyuk-ssi. Good luck during the rest of the competition!" You pumped your fist in the air. 

He chuckled and nodded, turning and walking away. Suddenly, Minhyuk stopped in his tracks to look back at you.

"By the way, call me Minhyuk. No need for the formalities." He flashed his cute smile at you one last time before fully walking away from you.

You smiled as you watched him walk away, turning to look at Raehwan and Feeldog.

Raehwan was smirking at you, moving his eyebrows up and down. You raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?" You asked.

"You were attracted to him." His smirk deepened.

You looked at him in disbelief. "I was not!" 

"Yes you were~" He chanted teasingly.

You scoffed and turned away, noticing Minhyuk running into the field. 

You watched as he ran towards his team, joining the huddle they were in. You tilted your head to the side and stared at him.

"Maybe I'm a little attracted to him." You whispered. 

Raehwan puckered his lips towards you. You chuckled and shoved him away. 

"Yah! Boyfriend in the room." Feeldog snapped his fingers in front of you, an annoyed look on his face. 

You suddenly felt both embarrassed and guilty. "I'm sorry." You apologized.

Raehwan laughed. "Oh Gwangsuk, it's all fake remember. My cousin still has the right to be attracted to other guys." Raehwan said, making sure that no one around the three of you could hear.

Feeldog scoffed. "Whatever. I need you to run to coach and tell him that I'm taking Jihyo to the nurses area. My race is not till later and I'll be back in time for it." Feeldog told Raehwan.

Raehwan's eyes slightly widened. "Why me? Coach hates me! He think's I'm annoying." Raehwan sulked. 

Feeldog smirked. "Too bad. it up buttercup." 

Feeldog carried you the same way Minhyuk did and began to walk away from Raehwan, stopping Raehwan from complaining more.

While the two of you were walking to the nurses area, it was quiet and neither of you made the move to talk.

Your heart was beating fast as you looked at Feeldog, seeing the serious expression on his face. 

"You didn't have to carry me this way..." You finally spoke up. "I must be heavy." 

Feeldog stopped and looked at you. "So other guys can carry you this way but your boyfriend can't?" You could hear the anger in his voice.

You sighed and looked away from him. "It's not like you're my real boyfriend." 

It felt like a knife was going through Feeldog's heart as he heard your statement. He sighed and turned to look forward, trying to erase what you had said. 

The two of you reached the nurses area where a lady pointed  to the corner of the room where a white bed was situated. Feeldog slowly placed you on the bed, making sure not to hit your ankle on anything. 

"You can go now. I'll be fine here." You told him as the nurse walked over to the two of you, asking what happened.

Feeldog shook his head. "I'm staying here. Now shut up and behave." He said, turning away from you to talk to the nurse. 

The nurse told you that it was just a minor sprain and it wasn't serious. It would swell for awhile but it doesn't require anything more than an ice pack. 

She placed an ice pack on your ankle and told you to keep your leg straight, placing your ankle on a pillow.  

She left after awhile to check on the race that was occurring. Apparently, she had to watch it just in case someone got injured on the field. 

Feeldog grabbed a chair and placed it beside your bed, sitting on it. 

You stared at him. "Shouldn't you go back to the competition?" 

He shook his head. "No. I'm fine here. Besides, I get to rest because of this." He smirked. 

You rolled your eyes and turned away from him. "Thanks for caring." 

Feeldog's smirk disappeared at your statement. He looked at you blankly, unsure of what to say. 

The next half an hour or so was quiet. 

Before you knew it, you had fallen sleep. You had not gotten enough sleep since Raehwan had ruthlessly woken you up in order to come here and support Feeldog. 

Feeldog stared at your sleeping face, awed by your flawless skin. *She looks so good even when she's sleeping...*

He moved his chair closer to the bed. He leaned back, watching your chest move up and down from your breathing.

"How could you do that Jihyo? How could you betray me?" Feeldog spoke up, looking at your face.

"Do you know? I visited your home yesterday to explain why I've been ignoring you. My cousin was having troubles with an ex-boyfriend and wanted me to help her. She asked me to go to the store he worked at and tell him to back off." Feeldog sighed, remembering the sad expression on his cousin's face when she knocked on his door. 

"My cousin is one of the only family I have left. I would do anything for her if it meant keeping her happy. She's like a little sister to me. She's really affectionate towards me too. Some people even mistake her for my girlfriend." Feeldog chuckled, keeping his eyes on you.

"I was going to explain all of that to you." Feeldog could feel tears forming in his eyes. "I don't know why, but I was scared that you were upset with me for ignoring you. So I wanted to tell you that." 

"But when I went to your house, I saw you walking with Baram." Feeldog tried to hold in the tears that were threatening to fall out. 

"Why did you break your promise? I trusted you." 

He watched as you slightly moved your head so that you weren't facing him anymore. 

"Jihyo..." He whispered. "Is this a sign?" 

No response.

He moved to look down at the bed. "Will you fall in love with Baram? Or some other guy?"

No response.

He looked up again.

"Will you leave me too?" 

A tear rolled down his cheeks, a frown clearly visible on his lips. 

"If you leave me, I'll feel pain again." More tears rolled down his face. "So many people have left me before. I don't want you to be one of them. Honestly, I'm starting to feel attached to you. Even though it's only been a few days, I feel a huge attraction towards you. And if you were to leave me, it would hurt." 

"I was even thinking of asking you out on a real date." 

You continued to sleep, unaware of what Feeldog was saying. 

"But you don't feel that way. You don't care about me." An angry expression began forming on Feeldog's face. "You would happily leave me." 

He stared at you, glaring at your sleeping form. "You broke your promise. You were willing to go behind my back and lie to me." 

"I won't let that happen though." Feeldog said, wiping the tears out of his eyes. 

He continued to glare at you, his hands turning into fists. "I'll make you feel pain first. After the 4 months is up, you'll be begging to stay with me." A smirk formed on his face.

"Just wait."