Bad Feeling

I Got A Feeling

10 years ago

You held onto your mothers hand tightly as the two of you walked out of the house. You glanced over your shoulder and saw your uncle following close behind while holding a luggage in each hand. You looked back towards your mother and pulled on her shirt.

Mrs.Kim stopped walking and turned to look at you. "What is it Jihyo?" She had a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Where are we going?" You looked at her with your adorable brown eyes.

A smile formed on her face. "I'm taking you on a trip." You noticed her nod towards your uncle before returning her attention to you, the smile never leaving her face.

"Why isn't appa coming? Raehwan oppa and Donghyun should come too!" You smiled happily at the thought of your cousin and little brother coming along.

Mrs.Kim sighed and sqautted down to your level, resting her hands on your shoulders. "They can't come."

"Why not?"

"Because," Mrs.Kim hesitated before giving you a small smile. "Because they're busy. So instead, we're going to have some girl bonding time." She pinched your cheek.

You smiled and wrapped your arms around her neck, pulling her in for a hug. "Okay umma! Thank you for taking me on this trip with you! Saranghae!" You wrapped your arms around her tighter.

Mrs.Kim smiled and patted your back. She could feel tears forming in her eyes but she tried her best to hold them in to not worry you. She pulled away and ran her fingers through your hair.

You rubbed your palm against her cheek before turning to look at the house, seeing your father standing by the door. He had a sad expression on his face until he saw you looking at him. A smile quickly formed on his lips.

You cupped your hands around your mouth and yelled towards him. "Appa, I'm going to miss you!"

His smile grew wider while he shook his head at your cuteness. You looked towards Mrs.Kim and gave her a look.

She raised an eyebrow at you. "What?"

You nodded towards Mr. Kim. "I want to hug appa goodbye."

She nodded and gave you a slight push towards the house. You giggled and ran towards the house to your father. He had a look of shock on his face as you wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Appa, saranghaeyo." You softly whispered as you nuzzled your head against his stomach.

Mr.Kim smiled and squatted down to hug you properly. "I love you too angel." He sweetly called you by your nickname as he wrapped his arms tightly around you.

After a minute of hugging in silence, he let go and signalled for you to go back to your mother. You smiled and nodded, turning around to run back to Mrs.Kim. Once you reached her, she stood up straight and gave your head a small pat. You turned around to look at your father one last time. You smiled as you formed a heart with your arms. Mr.Kim chuckled and winked before forming a small heart with his hands in return. You happily waved goodbye while he nodded in return.

Mrs.Kim watched with a small smile on her face, her eyes not leaving you. She grabbed your hand, giving it a little squeeze. 

"Let's go Jihyo. We'll miss the flight." She looked back towards your father before leading you towards the car where your uncle was patiently waiting. 

You slipped into the back seat while your mother sat in the passenger seat. You brought the window down as you stuck your arm out, seeing Raehwan and Donghyun running out of the house.

"Jihyo-ah!" Raehwan yelled as the engine of the car .

"Bye Raehwan oppa! Bye Donghyun! I'll miss you guys!" You waved goodbye to them. 

Donghyun ran towards you and grabbed onto your hand tightly. "Noona, you'll come back right? You promise?" He held a pinky out with his free hand.

You smiled and linked your pinky with his. "I promise! I'll come back!" You ruffled his hair.

He smiled and squeezed your hand even tighter. This was the first time that the two of you would be away from each other. It was unfortunate that he couldn't come along.

Suddenly, the car started to move forward. Your hand slipped out of his as the car drove away from the house. You saw Raehwan run to stand beside your brother.

"Jihyo-ah! You better come back! We'll miss you! Saranghae!" You could see them waving as they formed hearts with their arms. 

You waved goodbye before the car turned a corner and you could no longer see them. You smiled and turned to sit in your seat properly.

"We'll have lots of fun Jihyo. Just the two of us." You heard your mother say from the front.

You looked at her through the side mirror, giving her a nod and a big grin. She smiled and showed you a thumbs up. You giggled and turned to look out the window.

Mrs.Kim watched you from the side mirror as the smile on your face never left. She finally let a tear slide down her cheeks before turning to look forward. 

"I hope you'll understand Jihyo. This is for the best." Mrs.Kim whispered to herself as she felt a hand hold onto hers. 

She looked to her left at her brother. He kept his eyes on the road while holding onto her hand tightly, squeezing it once in awhile to reassure her that everything will be okay. 

 

10 years later

You looked out the window, seeing big white clouds floating in the air. You sighed and looked down at your phone, clicking it open to see a photo of you and your mother. *Umma... Why didn't you just tell the truth from the beginning?* You sighed and shook your head, stopping yourself from thinking any further.

You clicked your phone shut and let the music flow into your ears, humming the tune quietly as to not disturb the person sleeping beside you. You looked to your left to see the stewardess pointing to the cart she was pushing, asking if you wanted anything. You smiled and shook your head at her, mouthing a 'thank you'. She smiled and bowed, pushing the cart towards the next people.

You let a small sigh leave your lips as you turned your attention back to the window. *I wonder what everything looks like now.* You pictured what your house looked like, if your father has wrinkles, if Raehwan is still as handsome as ever, and last but not least, if your adorable little brother is still as cute and annoying.

It was hard trying to remember everything but luckily, Raehwan and you talked to each other on the phone almost everyday. He wasn't much help though. Everytime you asked for a picture, he would decline and say that you'd have to come to Korea to see him and everything else. Fortunately, he was helpful on news about your father. Your father was still as healthy as ever, according to Raehwan.

You were most worried about Donghyun. Donghyun and you were inseperable but because of what happened, you were scared to face him. *Would he hate me? I hope he doesn't...* You frowned at the thought of your brother disliking you. *I promised him I would come back... But I never knew it would be 10 years later.* 

You heard a loud ring and pulled the earphones out, hearing a voice announce that the plane would be landing in a few minutes and that seatbelts should be put on. You put your phone and earphone back into your purse as you clasped the seatbelt around your waist. You noticed the man beside you wake up and follow the instructions as well.

You hated the feeling of the airplane taking off and landing. You could feel yourself getting dizzy as you shut your eyes, trying to think of other things other than the puke that could come out any second. Soon, the airplane landed safely on the ground. 

You opened your eyes and saw everyone taking their seatbelts off and standing up from their seats to stretch. You followed and also stood up. People were starting to file out of the airplane, eager to step out of the crowded place. The man beside you signalled for you to walk ahead first. *Such a gentleman.* You smiled and gave him a small bow before walking down the aisle. 

"Thank you for flying with us." The stewardess bowed as you smiled and walked out of the airplane into the tunnel. 

You held onto your purse tightly as you walked down the tunnel. You could feel your heart beat faster out of excitement. *This is it.*

You walked out of the double doors to enter Incheon International Airport. You looked around and instantly felt at home. 

You smiled and closed your eyes. *Finally, I'm home.* You happily thought as you opened your eyes again and started walking towards an escalator. 

You walked towards the luggage area and patiently waited for your luggages to appear. After a few minutes of waiting, they appeared and you quickly reached out to grab them. You started walking towards the entrance of the airport before stopping by the door and placing your luggages close beside you.

You took your phone out of your purse and started dialing a number that dominated any other contacts in your phone. You held the phone close to your ear as a huge smile formed on your face. You frowned after the phone went into voicemail. You tried calling the number several times only to meet the voicemail again each time.

"Raehwan oppa~" You chanted as you held the phone close to your ear. "Pick up the phone..." You listened to the ringing of the phone as you watched people walk in and out of the airport.

After the tenth ring, you groaned and hung up the phone. You looked at the screen and clicked his name again, calling him for the ninth time since you arrived in Seoul.

"Pick up. Pick up. Pick up." You whispered to yourself as you looked down at the 3 luggages resting beside you. 

You pouted. *He promised he would pick me up...* 

Suddenly, you heard the ringing stop. A huge smile formed on your face but you couldn't hear anything on the other end. All you could hear was pure silence. The smile dropped from your face.

"Yobosaeyo?" You hesitantly spoke into the phone after not hearing a voice for 10 seconds.

"Babe! Why are you only calling now?" A voice said from the other end.

"Raehwan oppa?" A weird expression formed on your face once you registered what the person had said. "Wait, babe? Raehwan oppa! What's wrong with you!" You yelled into the phone.

"Aw~ I miss you too babe!"

After awhile of listening to the voice go on and on about missing you, you noticed that the voice was different from your cousin's.

"Yah! Who are you!"

"Okay! I'll see you later babe! Bye! Saranghaeyo~" And the line was cut off.

You slowly brought the phone down to your side as you stared out into the distant.

"I don't know what just happened, but I got a bad feeling about this..." You bit your lip before looking down at your phone, confused about what just happened.

"A really bad feeling..."